Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/mugumugu_/status/1394667994551177217

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

what did ign have to say about that game

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

TLOU and the sequel seemed cool until I spent 5 minutes looking at reviews and it became clear it was absolutely psycho poo poo. just depraved and gross

anyway death to motherfucking Israel

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Lol if the WLF was supposed to be the IDF, because they were just set up as torturing totalitarian shitheads who get completely washed by the fake Palestinians and main characters by the end of the game.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it's like he's trying to pull off a fascist fdr in an era where everyone already knows he's got no leg(s) to stand on

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Lol if the WLF was supposed to be the IDF, because they were just set up as torturing totalitarian shitheads who get completely washed by the fake Palestinians and main characters by the end of the game.

the wlf is absolutely the idf

druckmann no doubt has brainworms from growing up in that propaganda soup but the idf analog in the game are bloodthirsty torturing butchers and you spend most of the game violently murdering them

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i/p twitter threads get so much loving RSS engagement the "More Tweets" thing is suggesting covid reports in Sri Lanka and local Indian provincial politics.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Hamas came into possession of several MEKKA combat suits and continues to barrage tel Aviv with micro missiles whenever they are off cooldown

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I posted this idea in the games thread for it a few days after release and was called problematic, but it's clear as day that it was made by IDF sympathizers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The IDF are using Gundams and Hamas is using an old Tallgeese prototype

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1394931342035542017?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i feel like coverage has slowed a bit, i assume gaza is still being bombed?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
bee bee got what he wanted (to stay president forever) so things are "winding down", but in a way to try to make it look like it wasn't all just politically-driven.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They're probably running out of buildings

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah, the rhetoric coming out of Israel in the last couple of days (we've destroyed this many tunnels, we've degraded Hamas militarily by x number of years etc) does point to a managed reduction in activity to go along with the "goals achieved" message.

Even if they could completely wipe out Hamas it would not be in the nationalists interests at all to remove the boogeyman they use to whip up nationalist fervour whenever needed.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
instead of stepping on a wine glass when they get married, Israeli jews step on a little model of a Palestinian home

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mola Yam posted:

bee bee got what he wanted (to stay president forever) so things are "winding down", but in a way to try to make it look like it wasn't all just politically-driven.

Ill say it again
Yhe only reason that craven little poo poo netenyahu is not on trial is because the lust for palestinian death and their lands is greater than the will to see him prosecuted.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I didn't know that mfer grew up in America, specifically Philadelphia.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

someone change this to "i roll with israel"

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

err posted:

I didn't know that mfer grew up in America, specifically Philadelphia.

drat i had really grown to respect philly over the past couple of years

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

baw posted:

drat i had really grown to respect philly over the past couple of years

Cheltenham isn't Philly, nothing good emerges from the suburbs

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1394979872812961798?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i never played tlou2 but i appreciated its buff lady

she’s Palestine in that example. she owns

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looks like they still had some rockets in stash.
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1394986815099133953?s=19

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1394987461483315200

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

the wlf is absolutely the idf

druckmann no doubt has brainworms from growing up in that propaganda soup but the idf analog in the game are bloodthirsty torturing butchers and you spend most of the game violently murdering them

The WLF is supposed to represent both Israel and Hamas. It's not enough for the game to both sides the player characters and their social circles, it also has to both sides the thematic base of I-P. The assumption that the WLF is representing the IDF is just your own personal bias being read into it, which is the point of every "gotcha" both sides do it liberal conflict narrative ever made. The whole problem with the outlook is that this conflict is rooted in petty personal or religious motivations and isn't existential, when in real life the Palestinians are literally fighting for their right to exist as a people.

Flayer posted:

Yeah, the rhetoric coming out of Israel in the last couple of days (we've destroyed this many tunnels, we've degraded Hamas militarily by x number of years etc) does point to a managed reduction in activity to go along with the "goals achieved" message.

Even if they could completely wipe out Hamas it would not be in the nationalists interests at all to remove the boogeyman they use to whip up nationalist fervour whenever needed.

It should also go without saying that the "goals achieved" are vastly overstated, and any real damage to Hamas is negligible. Like, if Hamas military intelligence really was blown up in that AP building it'd be a pretty significant blow, but we know it's a loving lie. The problem for Israel right now is that they can try winding down on their own terms, but so long as Hamas and PIJ keep shooting rockets into Israel they're compelled to do some face saving hospital bombings for their constituency. This isn't really a problem that Israel has full control over.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 13:17 on May 19, 2021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Betting those interceptors cost more than $400.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Do intercepted rockets drop any shrapnel or anything?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

SKULL.GIF posted:

intercepted rockets do, intercepting rockets don't

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah

This is why they tell people to stay indoors even though they're more likely to get killed by a tornado on a trip to the US than getting hit by a rocket.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1394728733265866759

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Last of Us games suck and it's nice finding out I'm even righter than I originally was.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

On Monday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki downplayed concerns that the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas would curb the Biden administration’s ambition to complete a full withdrawal from Afghanistan.

When asked if troops would remain in the region to potentially assist in peacekeeping missions, as the violence intensifies, Psaki told reporters that the administration did not expect to miss its withdrawal deadline.

“I’ve not been made aware of any concern of the overlapping of an impact on our Afghan withdrawal plans,” Psaki said.

So the assumption from the press corps here is that Muslims are so inherently reactionary they're gonna get uppity over I-P anywhere, regardless of context?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
how the gently caress are afghanistan and gaza even remotely in the same "region"?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

how the gently caress are afghanistan and gaza even remotely in the same "region"?

there's america and then there's everywhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SenatorSinema/status/1394772784232927233