Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Imagine four Scotts on the edge of a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

War of the Gods #4 (1991)

That's a very good line for a skeleton man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't that make him his own grandpa? Not father?

A father to his father is a self-grandpa.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't that make him his own grandpa? Not father?

It depends on how you treat the clone I suppose.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

TwoPair posted:

It depends on how you treat the clone I suppose.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

the best part of canoodlin' is the obnoxiously loud "MMMMMMM" sound

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

They read the reads' minds in that last panel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FFT posted:

the best part of canoodlin' is the obnoxiously loud "MMMMMMM" sound

That wasn't from kissing. That was the sound of Gambit in the other room using a floor buffer to try and kill their mood.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Is that Madelyne Pryor?

Grendels Dad posted:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

Is that Madelyne Pryor?

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grendels Dad posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Tired: Giant vampire lady
Wired: Giant mutant lady

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

From the smutty art my friend did as commissions several years ago, this is a very specific kink some people will pay a lot for.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The guys writing and drawing comics in the 90s probably caught Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman on Saturday afternoon TV while growing up.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
What was Madeline's deal anyway? I only recall her vaguely as Scott's love interest when Jean was dead/Phoenix and that she looked really similar to Jean.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

A Strange Aeon posted:

What was Madeline's deal anyway? I only recall her vaguely as Scott's love interest when Jean was dead/Phoenix and that she looked really similar to Jean.

Oh, buddy... no....

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

Well, she looked kind of like Jean and when she realized Scott was using her as a rebound she got pretty upset about it. Then she and Scott were getting married and Mastermind tried to trick everybody into thinking she was Phoenix as part of a revenge plan. Then they had a kid and about a month later Jean came back so Scott abandoned Maddy to go off with his girlfriend. While Scott was off being in X-Factor and never thinking about the family he abandoned, Madeline and the baby were attacked by some cyborg soldiers and seemingly died but were actually whisked away. She joined back up with the X-Men (who didn't have Scott) without the baby right in time for all of the them to die to lock away a super demon. They got revived immediately afterward and everyone thought the group was dead when they were actually screwing around in Australia.

That brings us to Inferno where "everything" was "revealed". Madeline was actually working some demons from limbo to bring about hell on earth. But she was also a clone of Jean made by Mr. Sinister that wouldn't wake up until Phoenix died on the moon. Madeline declared herself the Goblin Queen and was using her baby in part of the evil magic ritual, but when that failed Mr. Sinister showed up to wrap up the battle. Madeline "died" and Jean got a bit of herself back from Madeline.

Note that the Inferno stuff contradicted a lot of the earlier stories and makes even less sense than what I just explained.

And that's as far as I know. Obviously Madeline got revived and I'm sure it was even more confusing because X-Men never simplifies things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Madelyn hung out with the X-Men in Australia too, disappeared again during the Marauders attack then came back evil in Inferno.

I will say this for that X-Man cover and panel, at least she's not wearing her Goblin Queen outfit.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Skwirl posted:

Madelyn hung out with the X-Men in Australia too, disappeared again during the Marauders attack then came back evil in Inferno.

I will say this for that X-Man cover and panel, at least she's not wearing her Goblin Queen outfit.

*googles*

That is some impressive boob window

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zil posted:

*googles*

That is some impressive boob window

It makes Gamora's original costume look positively modest.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now, in fairness, she makes Alex Summers wear the same thing

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Uthor posted:

From the smutty art my friend did as commissions several years ago, this is a very specific kink some people will pay a lot for.

for more information, consult the deviantart thread

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zetsubou-san posted:

for more information, consult the deviantart Resident Evil VIII thread

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zetsubou-san posted:

for more information, consult the deviantart thread

Where he found most of his clients!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I never realized how uniquely loving crazy X-Men is, like, other comics are not like this:

"But she was also a clone of Jean made by Mr. Sinister that wouldn't wake up until Phoenix died on the moon. Madeline declared herself the Goblin Queen and was using her baby in part of the evil magic ritual, "

I appreciate the detailed response to my question!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
And she doesn't even have the most ridiculous story of the two people on that cover.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I never realized how uniquely loving crazy X-Men is, like, other comics are not like this:

"But she was also a clone of Jean made by Mr. Sinister that wouldn't wake up until Phoenix died on the moon. Madeline declared herself the Goblin Queen and was using her baby in part of the evil magic ritual, "

Some it seems you weren’t aware of her background I should point out that baby is Cable.

Push El Burrito posted:

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Technically his sister. I think. Clones are weird.

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 19, 2021

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

There's a reason I gave up on X-Men in the early 90's. By the second half of Claremont's run, the book was almost incomprehensible. Then they started piling on a dozen interlocking series and it all got even worse.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

A Strange Aeon posted:

yeah... yeah, other comics would never do anything that hosed up

hey can I interest you in this copy of Avengers #200?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I think growing up on these stories and normalizing them as a child is why so little prestige tv holds my attention for long. "Yawn, only three separate asynchronous plotlines to track? Guess I can have it on in the background."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I loving hate what they did with Madelyn Pryor but Inferno was pretty good and only crossed over between X-Men and X-Factor. The New Mutants and Excalibur bits were wholly separate

And it makes sense they'd cross over since the main point of the event was to make each of those teams realize the other was alive

X-tinction Agenda a year later was the one where you needed to read everything to make any sense of it.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I never understood why, when X-Factor wanted to have all the original X-Men back on a team, they didn't just have Madelyn - you know, the character who already looked identical to Jean and had all sorts of implied connections to Jean - turn out to be Jean herself, rather than going for the whole convoluted clones/Jean was actually at the bottom of the ocean/Phoenix wasn't Jean but sort of was/Cyclops abandons his family story-line.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Angry Salami posted:

I never understood why, when X-Factor wanted to have all the original X-Men back on a team, they didn't just have Madelyn - you know, the character who already looked identical to Jean and had all sorts of implied connections to Jean - turn out to be Jean herself, rather than going for the whole convoluted clones/Jean was actually at the bottom of the ocean/Phoenix wasn't Jean but sort of was/Cyclops abandons his family story-line.

Kurt Busiek couldn't keep his big loving mouth shut.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

site posted:

Imagine four Scotts on the edge of a cliff

:hai:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Madeline is Cable's bio mom. But Nate Grey's bio mom is AoA Jean Grey so technically...

:goonsay:

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Angry Salami posted:

The original pitch had Dazzler in the Jean Grey slot, https://www.cbr.com/when-dazzler-joined-x-factor-then-didnt/.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats why you just laugh when they yell out that Shatterstar's his own grandpa because that's common knowledge on Krakoa. Their history books must be awful

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

He did the nasty in the pasty.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Not Brand Echh #12 (1969)

Megalith #2 (1989)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah that's a pretty accurate depiction of consciousness.