Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Chase Derringer posted:

Don't tempt me.

S: Power Word: Jabroni
B: You hold your hands in front of you, as if cupping something invisible. You begin to chant a strange, guttural word, and as you continue, the air between your hands begins to ripple. With a sudden motion, you bring your hands together and clap them shut. A blinding flash of light erupts from between your hands, and a sharp crack echoes through the air. As the light fades, you see that you've succeeded in creating a tiny, floating figure of your foe. It looks like a tiny man made of stone. The figure begins to dance and jabber in a strange language, mocking your foe. If it were alive, you're sure that it would be giving the figure a dirty look.
That last line :stare:

Put in a bunch of power words!

Power Word: Lamp
Power Word: Plant
Power Word: Laptop

Yes I am just listing things I can see

Power Word: Chair
Power Word: Couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Hello! Ma *SKREEEEEEEEEEE*
Lipstick Apathy

Splicer posted:

That last line :stare:

Put in a bunch of power words!

Power Word: Lamp
Power Word: Plant
Power Word: Laptop

Yes I am just listing things I can see

Power Word: Chair
Power Word: Couch

S: Power Word: Lamp
B: You call upon the divine power of your god to fill you with strength, and as you begin to speak the word of power, a golden light begins to emanate from your eyes. As the light grows brighter, it seems to take on a life of its own, swirling around your head like a halo. Then, with a final burst of light, the power of your god is unleashed in a beam of golden radiance that strikes the ground in front of you.

S: Power Word: Plant
B: You speak a single word, and the earth around you shifts. Grasses, flowers, and even small trees burst from the ground around you. The plants surge up in an instant, their roots digging deep into the soil as they grow to maturity in seconds. They sprout to their full height and begin to sway in the breeze, the grasses rustling, flowers nodding, and trees creaking as they sway.

S: Power Word: Laptop
B: You slam your hands on the keyboard, and a sudden surge of power courses through the laptop. The screen goes blank for a moment, then flickers back to life. A new window appears, with a file titled “Final Essay”. As you begin typing, the computer hums with power, and the words begin to appear on the screen.

S: Power Word: Chair
B: You speak the word, and a chair appears. It’s not a very good chair, but it’s a chair nonetheless.

S: Power Word: Couch
B: You lean forward and whisper a few, quiet words to your companion, who immediately nods in understanding. As you lean back in your chair, you feel your body relax as the spell takes effect. You’re still tired, but it’s not as bad as it was before. You even have a little more energy to work with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Chase Derringer posted:

B: You speak the word, and a chair appears. It’s not a very good chair, but it’s a chair nonetheless.

:v::hf::effort:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Here are a few ideas, if you're still taking suggestions.

Greasy Aura
Power Word: Fury
Mordenkainen’s Steel Chair
Eldrich Casting of Find the Path
Investiture of Bees

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Chase Derringer posted:

B: You slam your hands on the keyboard, and a sudden surge of power courses through the laptop. The screen goes blank for a moment, then flickers back to life. A new window appears, with a file titled “Final Essay”. As you begin typing, the computer hums with power, and the words begin to appear on the screen.

Dying

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Power Word: Couch
B: You lean forward and whisper a few, quiet words to your companion, who immediately nods in understanding. As you lean back in your chair, you feel your body relax as the spell takes effect. You’re still tired, but it’s not as bad as it was before. You even have a little more energy to work with.
This tracks

e: "Final Essay" is pretty ominous in context

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:56 on May 18, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chase Derringer posted:

oh my god

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh my gosh this is delightful, give that computer a biscuit

E:
Power Word: Snacks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Power Word: 'Za

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Summon armed chimpanzee

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'd love to see spells or monster descriptions based on the Homestar Runner characters.

Homestar Runner
Strong Bad
The Cheat
Strong Mad
Strong Sad
Pom Pom
Marzipan
Coach Z
Bubs
The King of Town
The Poopsmith
Homsar

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Splicer posted:

e: "Final Essay" is pretty ominous in context

Ultima (1).docx

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy
I can't stop.

Ariong posted:

Here are a few ideas, if you're still taking suggestions.

Greasy Aura
Power Word: Fury
Mordenkainen’s Steel Chair
Eldrich Casting of Find the Path
Investiture of Bees

S: Greasy Aura
B: With a wave of your hand, you conjure a small cloud of grease that begins to swirl around you. You feel your body grow slick and greasy as the cloud whirls around you, its tendrils wrapping around your limbs and torso. The grease feels warm despite the chill air, and you smile as you feel it spread over your body, covering you with a sheen of grease.

S: Power Word: Fury
B: Your eyes flash as you utter the incantation, and your target is suddenly engulfed in a cloud of crackling energy. The air around them shimmers with power as the spell takes effect, and their eyes turn blood red. Their muscles tense as they are imbued with divine strength, and their skin begins to glow with an unearthly crimson light. As they fix their gaze on you, you feel a surge of energy course through your body, and your own eyes begin to burn. You wince as the sensation becomes too much to bear, and you look away.

S: Mordenkainen's Steel Chair
B: You gesture at the empty air in front of you, and a flash of blue-white sparks erupts from your hand. As the sparks fade, a steel chair appears, hovering between you and your foe. You take a seat and gesture for your opponent to do the same.

S: Eldritch Casting of Find the Path
B: As you begin to chant, a trail of light appears on the ground before you. The path winds through the rough terrain, leading from your location to that of your quarry. As you continue to intone, the trail becomes more distinct and begins to glow brighter. You smile as you see your prey, and the light of the spell seems to reach out to them, pulling your target toward you.

S: Investiture of Bees
B: The swarm of buzzing insects gathers around you, swirling in the air and crawling over your skin. You feel their tiny legs brush against your flesh, and you can almost sense each one’s mind as it focuses on you. In a matter of moments, the bees have formed a protective layer around your body, their tiny bodies moving in concert to form a tough carapace.

Phy posted:

Power Word: Snacks

S: Power Word: Snacks
B: You point your finger at the plate of food on the table before you, and utter a single word. The plate erupts in a shower of crackers, cheese, and fruit. You snatch up a few pieces of fruit, and stuff them into your mouth.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Power Word: 'Za

S: Power Word: 'Za
B: You clench your fist and the word “za”, resonating with divine power, bursts forth. The sound is like a thunderclap, and a bolt of lightning leaps from your hand to strike the enemy. The creature is thrown backward, its clothing smoking and its hair standing on end.

Deki posted:

Summon armed chimpanzee

S: Summon Armed Chimpanzee
B: You clap your hands sharply, and a puff of smoke appears before you. It clears to reveal a chimpanzee, dressed in a little red jacket and cap, clutching an AK-47. The primate waves to you, then starts firing wildly in all directions.

ultrafilter posted:

I'd love to see spells or monster descriptions based on the Homestar Runner characters.

Homestar Runner
Strong Bad
The Cheat
Strong Mad
Strong Sad
Pom Pom
Marzipan
Coach Z
Bubs
The King of Town
The Poopsmith
Homsar

GPT-3 been reading the Homestar Runner wiki

C: Homestar Runner
B: The Homestar Runner is a little person with a big head and a bigger heart. He has a lopsided smile, wears red shorts, and has an odd way of talking.

C: Strong Bad
B: The Strong Badman is here, and he’s looking for a fight! He’s wearing his red wrestling mask, and he’s got a huge pile of weapons at his feet.
B: A pile of weapons?
C: Yeah, there’s like a battle axe and a spiked mace and a bunch of other stuff.
C: The Strong Badman has a little bit of everything.
B: A little bit of everything?
C: Yeah, he’s got a little bit of everything.

C: The Cheat
B: The creature is a horrible mockery of a halfling, its skin yellowed and cracked with age and its eyes milky white. Its teeth are blackened stumps, and its long hair hangs in greasy strands. A filthy cloak covers the creature’s body, but you can see that its feet are gnarled and twisted. The creature’s voice is high-pitched and squeaky, like a child’s.

C: Strong Mad
B: A huge, hulking figure stands before you. It’s got a head like a bowling ball and a body like a barrel. It’s dressed in red and white striped shorts and has a towel draped over one shoulder, but it doesn’t look like it’s ready to go swimming. The creature snorts and grunts as it lowers its head and raises a fist the size of a boulder.

C: Strong Sad
B: A tall, lanky figure stands in the center of the room. His posture is hunched and awkward, and he wears a long, dirty trench coat and a tattered hat pulled down over his face. He turns toward you as you enter, revealing a face that is pale and gaunt. His eyes are sunken and his lips are pulled back in a sinister smile.

C: Pom Pom
B: A pom-pom is a colorful, cylindrical toy that makes a satisfying *pop* when you pull it apart. There’s a pom-pom here, but it’s not a toy. It’s a creature—a strange, floating thing with a round, flat body and a single, large eye. The pom-pom’s body is made of tiny spheres that rotate independently from one another. Its single eye is a huge, dark sphere that looks like it might be made of glass. It hovers in the air, bobbing up and down as it watches you.

C: Marzipan
B: You’re not sure what you expected a marzipan demon to look like, but this is definitely not it. It’s a little shorter than you, with a pleasantly plump frame and curly brown hair. Its eyes are soft and kind, and its smile is warm and inviting. It’s wearing a white apron over a blue dress with yellow flowers, and it’s holding a wooden spoon.

C: Coach Z
B: A man in a green coat with a blue and orange tie stands in the middle of the room. He looks around with a confused expression on his face.
A: “Coach Z, what are you doing here?”
Z: “Well, I was just watchin’ TV and I saw a commercial for this place. It said there’d be lots of monsters here, so I figured I’d come down and check it out.”

C: Bubs
B: Bubs is an impish creature, standing slightly taller than a gnome and wearing the tattered clothes of a peasant. His skin is wrinkled and gray, with a large mole on his left cheek. The imp’s eyes are black orbs, but when he smiles at you, his eyes seem to light up from within.

C: The King of Town
B: The King of Town is an enormous, bloated human with the head of a giant, unblinking, yellow bird. He wears a blue robe and wields a scepter topped with a glowing, yellow orb. The King of Town is surrounded by his subjects, simple townsfolk who follow him on his quest to conquer the world.

C: The Poopsmith
B: The Poopsmith is the ultimate sanitation engineer. He’s a master of his craft and his poop is some of the best around. He’s also a little bit crazy, but that’s not your problem. You just need to get this poop to the King so he can be a little bit less crazy.

C: Homsar
B: “I’m Homsar, the number one sorcerer of all time.” He says this with a smile on his face, and you sense that he is not lying. He wears a tattered red cape and a purple wizard hat, and carries a large staff in one hand. In the other is a small, black kitten.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
These have me cackling. It's more than I've laughed in a long time.

If you don't mind, what about cryptids? I'd love to see either monster descriptions, or even better summoning spells for the loch ness monster, bigfoot, el chupacabras, mokele-mbembe, lizard people, Mongolian death worm, yeti, the jersey devil, the mothman, the Loveland frog, the Kelly–Hopkinsville goblins, jackalopes, the Flatwoods monster, star jelly, thunderbirds, yeti, batboy, and skunk apes.

e: and while we're at it if this is fun for you, I'm looking through my Player's Handbook at spells and riffing... detect pigeon, avoid eye contact, cure laziness, dispel annoying guy at party, locate bar, summon bread, protection from boredom, passable decoy, embarrass child, revisit hometown, neutralize ex-boyfriend, drug trip, take sabbatical, spiritual bead curtain, conjure friend, control awkward conversation, avoid work.

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 02:34 on May 19, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Chase Derringer posted:

C: Coach Z
B: A man in a green coat with a blue and orange tie stands in the middle of the room. He looks around with a confused expression on his face.
A: “Coach Z, what are you doing here?”
Z: “Well, I was just watchin’ TV and I saw a commercial for this place. It said there’d be lots of monsters here, so I figured I’d come down and check it out.”

:vince:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thanks so much for doing mine, they are so good. Greasy aura is my favorite.

It’s very good that each H*R character is given an exotic, terrifying new form… except for Coach Z, who just showed up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh hey there, Hamstray!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Summon Armed Chimpanzee
B: You clap your hands sharply, and a puff of smoke appears before you. It clears to reveal a chimpanzee, dressed in a little red jacket and cap, clutching an AK-47. The primate waves to you, then starts firing wildly in all directions.

lmao

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chase Derringer posted:

C: The Poopsmith
B: The Poopsmith is the ultimate sanitation engineer. He’s a master of his craft and his poop is some of the best around. He’s also a little bit crazy, but that’s not your problem. You just need to get this poop to the King so he can be a little bit less crazy.

I'm a little astonished that the Brothers Chaps didn't write this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

These have me cackling. It's more than I've laughed in a long time.

If you don't mind, what about cryptids? I'd love to see either monster descriptions, or even better summoning spells for the loch ness monster, bigfoot, el chupacabras, mokele-mbembe, lizard people, Mongolian death worm, yeti, the jersey devil, the mothman, the Loveland frog, the Kelly–Hopkinsville goblins, jackalopes, the Flatwoods monster, star jelly, thunderbirds, yeti, batboy, and skunk apes.

e: and while we're at it if this is fun for you, I'm looking through my Player's Handbook at spells and riffing... detect pigeon, avoid eye contact, cure laziness, dispel annoying guy at party, locate bar, summon bread, protection from boredom, passable decoy, embarrass child, revisit hometown, neutralize ex-boyfriend, drug trip, take sabbatical, spiritual bead curtain, conjure friend, control awkward conversation, avoid work.

C: The loch Ness monster
B: An enormous splash erupts in the water, and something begins to rise from the murky depths. A long, serpentine head breaks the surface, and two rows of sharp teeth glisten in the sunlight. A long neck stretches upward, and a giant fin juts out behind it. As its head emerges from the water, it lets out a tremendous roar that nearly deafens you.
###
C: The Big Bad Wolf
B: A howl cuts through the air, and you spin around to see a large gray wolf blocking your path. It’s larger than any wolf you’ve ever seen, even in your worst nightmares. The wolf stares at you for a moment, then growls and takes a step forward.

C: Bigfoot
B: The forest is still and cool. The mountain air is sweet and fragrant. The soft sound of rustling leaves is all that can be heard. Then, as you turn a bend, a figure appears. It's immense and covered in hair, standing eight feet tall. It's just watching you.

C: El Chupacabra
B: It’s a goat, but not as we know it. The goat stands on two legs, is covered in coarse black fur, and has wickedly sharp teeth. Two long, curving horns jut from its head as its down-turned eyes glare with malevolence. The beast snorts, and a pungent odor fills the air as it moves closer.

C: the Flatwoods monster
B: A pair of red eyes glows from behind a twisted, gnarled oak. They look like they should belong to a great beast, but the body looks more like that of a twisted man.
You’re not sure how to describe it. It’s like a man, but very tall. Its arms are very long. It has hooves and a long tail. The thing turns and stares right at you.
The Flatwoods monster! It’s the thing that killed Eddie’s brother!

C: the Kelly–Hopkinsville goblins
B: The night is suddenly filled with the chatter of a horde of small creatures, and you can see the tops of their heads bobbing and weaving as they emerge from the woods to surround the house. Thin, wiry hair juts out from their skulls, and their eyes are tiny specks of yellow light in the darkness. They wear crude armor made of twisted twigs and vines, and their weapons consist of wooden spears and clubs studded with sharpened stones.

C: Mongolian death worm
B: A long, slimy bulge of sand erupts from the dunes, then another. The ground begins to shake as the sand heaves and wriggles, and the shaking turns to violent upheaval. A huge, serpentine form bursts from the sand, sending a cloud of the desert floor into the air. A long, sinuous body of sand-colored flesh writhes across the dunes, the face of a demon leering from its segmented neck. The creature's segmented body writhes and slithers as it glides across the sand, its barbed tail whipping behind it.
In the next few weeks, I'll be posting more monsters.

C: batboy and skunk apes
B: Several skunk apes lounge around a fire, chit-chatting about the great hunt they had earlier in the day. One of them catches a whiff of something and perked its nose. “Hey, it’s that batboy again!” A few of the other skunk apes perk up as well. “I don’t know why he keeps comin’ around here, he ain’t much of a friend.” The skunk apes tromp over to an enormous hole in the cave wall. Several bats fly out, fluttering around the skunk apes’ heads.
B: The skunk apes move to attack the batboy, but he darts out of the way. The skunk apes give chase.
C: The skunk apes chase the batboy around the cave, trying to hit him with their clubs. The batboy keeps twisting and turning to avoid them, eventually taking refuge in another part of the cave.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Good God, that Coach Z description came out of loving nowhere. Holy hell, I'm wiping away tears here.

What the hell happens if you put in just a name as a spell? Like... Well, why not Corto Maltese?.

Samovar has a new favorite as of 07:48 on May 19, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Samovar posted:

Good God, that Coach Z description came out of loving nowhere. Holy hell, I'm wiping away tears here.

What the hell happens if you put in just a name as a spell? Like... Well, why not Corto Maltese?.

As a creature

C: Corto Maltese
B: The final bit of sunlight slips below the horizon, and the city comes alive. In the distance, you spy a shadowy figure approaching on the rooftops. The city lights glint off of the thin blade it wields, and something about the way the figure moves—swiftly and effortlessly—makes you nervous.

and as a spell

S: Corto Maltese
B: You know that the head is the key to a quick kill in melee combat, a fact you have drilled home time and time again. You intone a prayer to the Lord of Storms, and the words of the prayer become a rapid-fire litany of strikes that land upon your foe’s head. First your left hand, then your right, then both hands, then a kick, then a punch, then a chop with the side of your hand, then the back of your hand, then your elbow, then another chop with the side of your hand, then the back of your hand, then your elbow, then your knee – the list continues of its own volition, and you do not pause to think. As you deliver the final strike, your foe collapses, his skull shattered by your barrage.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

drat that is surprisingly good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Those are pretty good summaries of his adventures.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Power Word: Goon
Power Bird: Kill
Power Word: Chicken
Summon Chicken
Bigby's Chicken Hand
Power Word: Eurovision

Power Word: Thank you both for your service

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Summon Pervert Yeti

Power Word: Ban

Wafflecopper has a new favorite as of 11:26 on May 19, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Power Word: NSFW
Power Word: NWS
Power Word: SFW

Power Word: Objection!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Those cryptids are perfect! Thanks :D

Power word: Aw, Geez
Power word: Ya Basic
Power word: Finish Him
Power word: Hello, World
Power word: Ctrl Alt Del

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Power Word:Permaban could be fun.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The chicken cow

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy

Splicer posted:

Power Word: Goon
Power Bird: Kill
Power Word: Chicken
Summon Chicken
Bigby's Chicken Hand
Power Word: Eurovision

S: Power Word: Goon
B: You raise your staff and point it at the approaching goblin horde, then shout the holy word of power. The air around you shimmers, and a strange force seems to emanate from your staff, striking the goblins with invisible force. They reel backward in pain as they are knocked off their feet by the invisible force. As they fall, you hear a strange sound, as if someone were straining to lift a heavy object.

S: Power Bird: Kill
B: You point your finger at the enemy, and a tiny bird flies from your hand to attack them. It swoops around their head, pecking and clawing at their eyes, until they fall to the ground in agony.

S: Power Word: Chicken
B: You point your finger at the creature that has angered you, and utter the word that makes it regret its actions. The creature freezes in place, its eyes go wide with fear, and its mouth opens in a silent squawk. As the last syllable of the word leaves your lips, a beam of red light shoots forth from your finger, striking the creature and causing it to explode into a cloud of feathers and dust.

S: Summon Chicken
B: You gesture, and a chicken appears in front of you. It looks around, confused, then begins to peck at the ground.

S: Bigby's Chicken Hand
B: With a wave of your hand, you conjure an enormous chicken’s claw. It appears in your palm, fully formed, as if it had always been there. You can sense the magic invested in the construct; it is a powerful tool for combat or intimidation. The claw is made of metal, but it has been treated with a special lacquer that lets it pass for flesh. It has two talons, each nearly a foot long and razor sharp. The claw is a +1 weapon, and it can be used as an off-hand weapon if you are dual-wielding.

S: Power Word: Eurovision
B: Your hand glows with a soft blue light as you reach out to touch the shoulder of your friend. “Cheer up,” you say, “I’ve been told I have a way with words that can make any situation better.” The light from your hand pulsates and grows in intensity as you utter the magic word. “Eurovision!”

Wafflecopper posted:

Summon Pervert Yeti

Power Word: Ban

S: Summon Pervert Yeti
B: You gesture toward the ground, and a yeti rises up from the earth in a swirl of snow. The creature’s fur is pure white, and it has an enormous phallus.

S: Power Word: Ban
B: You raise your hand, and point at the creature. A word rings out from your lips, a single syllable with the force of a hundred behind it. The creature freezes, as if time itself had stopped for it. Its eyes widen, and its mouth opens in horror as it sees the truth of its doom. Then, it explodes into a cloud of dust and ash, the remains scattering on the wind.

Splicer posted:

Power Word: NSFW
Power Word: NWS
Power Word: SFW

Power Word: Objection!

S: Power Word: NSFW
B: You begin to speak, then pause, a look of confusion crossing your face. You try again, and this time a single word seems to reverberate in the air around you. The word hangs there for a moment as you continue to speak, then explodes into a wave of energy that ripples outward. The wave passes through everything in its path, leaving it untouched, but altering the word itself. As it passes through a tree, the word becomes “tree”. As it passes through a rock, the word becomes “rock”. As it passes through a person, the word becomes “person”.

S: Power Word: NWS
B: You raise your arms high and begin to chant, the words of the spell issuing forth from your lips in a powerful voice. The air around you shimmers as you drive the final syllable from your mouth, and a golden disc appears between you and the enemy. The disc is almost translucent, but you can still see the figure of the enemy through it. As you watch, the disc begins to spin faster and faster, and you can feel your own body begin to spin with it. The spinning grows faster and faster until you can no longer tell up from down, left from right. You can only hear the sound of the disc spinning, and feel the dizzying sensation of your own body whirling around. Suddenly, with a loud crack, the disc shatters into thousands of pieces. As they fall to the ground, you feel your body stop spinning. You look up to see your enemy lying on the ground, unconscious.

S: Power Word: SFW
B: You open your mouth, and a strange word emerges. It’s not a spell, but it still seems to have some sort of power behind it. You’re not sure what the word does, but you know that it might be rude to say in public.

S: Power Word: Objection!
B: You speak the word, and a glowing, blue-white sphere appears in your hand. As you hurl it through the air, it leaves a streak of light in its wake. It smashes into the object of your scorn, leaving an impression as if it had been hit by a battering ram. The word leaves an impression in the object as well, and it quivers for a moment, unsure of what to do. Then, it crumbles into dust.

feedmyleg posted:

Those cryptids are perfect! Thanks :D

Power word: Aw, Geez
Power word: Ya Basic
Power word: Finish Him
Power word: Hello, World
Power word: Ctrl Alt Del

S: Power Word: Aw, Geez
B: You raise your hands to the heavens, and intone a prayer. The divine power of your god courses through you, and you feel your connection to the divine grow stronger. As you speak the final syllables of the prayer, you feel a rush of energy flood through your body. You are now charged with the power of your god.

S: Power Word: Ya Basic
B: You look your foe in the eye and utter a single word, “Ya!” The word is simple, but it has a profound effect on your opponent. Their skin begins to peel off, revealing their muscle and bone beneath. Their eyes bug out of their sockets as they begin to scream in agony. Their screams only increase as they fall to the ground and begin to convulse. The convulsions cease, and their body falls still, but you can see that they are not dead. Instead, their body has been reduced to a pile of ash.

S: Power Word: Finish Him
B: You take a deep breath and shout the final word of the spell. The target of your incantation, a hobgoblin warrior, is hurled backward by an invisible force. As he crashes into the ground, his heart explodes within his chest, and he dies instantly.

S: Power Word: Hello, World
B: You point your finger at the wall and utter the arcane phrase, and a crackling bolt of energy leaps from your fingertip to strike the stone. The impact leaves a blackened smudge, but otherwise doesn’t seem to have done anything. You frown, then try again. This time the bolt hits the wall and leaves a hole in its wake. You smile, then try again. Again, and again, and again.

S: Power Word: Ctrl Alt Del
B: You speak a single word, and as you do, your opponent’s body seems to glitch. Their eyes glaze over and their limbs jerk, as if they were a marionette whose strings have been cut. They fall to the ground, convulsing wildly as if they were experiencing a seizure. As their body twitches, a strange noise comes from their throat, and then they stop moving entirely.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Power Word:Permaban could be fun.

S: Power Word: Permaban
B: You utter a single word, and the target’s body seems to freeze in place, muscles locking up as their eyes go wide. They try to scream, but no sound comes from their mouth. Their eyes begin to cloud over with white and their skin turns pale as they feel their life force draining away. Their body goes limp, slumping to the ground as they die, a look of horror frozen on their face.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Conjure Cow Tools

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Spell: Tony Lazuto Says Hello

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Chase Derringer posted:

The convulsions cease, and their body falls still, but you can see that they are not dead. Instead, their body has been reduced to a pile of ash.

I don't, uh... I don't think it works that way

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

I don't, uh... I don't think it works that way
The ash is screaming

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Power Word: Goon
B: You raise your staff and point it at the approaching goblin horde, then shout the holy word of power. The air around you shimmers, and a strange force seems to emanate from your staff, striking the goblins with invisible force. They reel backward in pain as they are knocked off their feet by the invisible force. As they fall, you hear a strange sound, as if someone were straining to lift a heavy object.
It's a printer

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Power Bird: Kill
B: You point your finger at the enemy, and a tiny bird flies from your hand to attack them. It swoops around their head, pecking and clawing at their eyes, until they fall to the ground in agony.
Perfection

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Power Word: Eurovision
B: Your hand glows with a soft blue light as you reach out to touch the shoulder of your friend. “Cheer up,” you say, “I’ve been told I have a way with words that can make any situation better.” The light from your hand pulsates and grows in intensity as you utter the magic word. “Eurovision!”
Perfection+

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:00 on May 19, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Splicer posted:

The ash is screaming

"KILL ME!!"

"loving HOW?!"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Power Word: Ya Basic
B: You look your foe in the eye and utter a single word, “Ya!” The word is simple, but it has a profound effect on your opponent. Their skin begins to peel off, revealing their muscle and bone beneath. Their eyes bug out of their sockets as they begin to scream in agony. Their screams only increase as they fall to the ground and begin to convulse. The convulsions cease, and their body falls still, but you can see that they are not dead. Instead, their body has been reduced to a pile of ash.

Thank God they didn't cast Ya Advanced :stonk:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Watch out, it cantrip ya

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Splicer posted:

It's a printer

Adbot