Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm getting my second shot tomorrow but that's cutting a bit close for me. I'll get to see AEW in person in July, at least!

Also, nervous about the side effects of this second shot because I've heard they can be very miserable. Or none at all! Who knows! It stinks!

When I got my second shot, the next day I felt aching and worn down for most of the day, but nothing worse than what I get from a mild cold. The arm I got the shot in hurt like gently caress, though.

That day was also a Wednesday, so AEW and pizza made it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I sincerely hope that is something AEW can do long term with movie theaters. Cause while I'm not sure I want to spend 2-3 hours in a dark room with wrestling fans I don't know, I do know that they would hold similar shows of big boxing matches in movie theaters and those crowds would get rowdy! Pretty neat atmosphere I remember, though this was back before theaters were commonly offering booze at concession stands.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've never been to a wrestling show at a theater but I did see two UFC ppvs at a theater back in the early 2010s and the crowd was actually super chill and actually wanted to watch the fights. Paying $20 cuts down on some of the hooting sports bar types, maybe.

I don't know if the same vibe would rein at an AEW show in 2021, and my local theater isn't carrying it anyway!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I used to go to WWE PPVs a lot in the early 2000s and it was usually pretty fun. I would def do this in a theatre that had beer/alcohol once it's safe to go to theatres in my area again.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW PPV showings at Alamo please

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

UFC ppvs were best at sports bars because you didn't have to listen to Joe Rogan act a loving idiot

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i’m ready for another great night of aew dynamite on tnt

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i’m ready for another great night of aew dynamite on tnt

I'm legit excited to watch a whole show on FITE without the commercials, as restaurant quality as the picture in picture might be.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Often the shows that don’t have a super stacked lineup on paper end up being amazing so I have high hopes for tonight :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AEW to TBS in 2022, new show starting Friday, August 13th on TNT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Second show will be AEW Rampage, TNT will air 4 supercard shows a year

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/aew-rampage-premiere-date-warnermedia-tnt-second-show-third-hour-tony-khan/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/aew-dynamite-moving-to-tbs-in-2022-new-show-revealed/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

Huh.

Wonder why the move and if it's a good sign, bad sign, or not a sign of anything. Is TBS doing poorly and they think AEW can help boost it? Or do they need to make room on TNT for hockey stuff?

Edit: Ah yeah, the NY Post article mentions:

NY Post posted:

AEW has been on TNT since Oct. 2, 2019 and has experienced ratings success, being one of the top Wednesday shows on cable weekly in the 18-49 demo. WarnerMedia already having the rights to the NBA and recently acquiring the rights to NHL games did factor into moving Dynamite to TBS. Wednesday has traditionally been a night to air the NHL.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 19, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Big balls Tony going against Smackdown.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW: Rampage, the show where wrestlers compete to see who can tear down a building first

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Big balls Tony going against Smackdown.

Nah it airs after smackdown. Also TNT will air "four special supercards" a year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Probably less preempting for sports on TBS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What’s TBS compared to TNT, like more or less viewers?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

yea ok posted:

I'm seeing Rampage is going to debut directly on TBS and then Dynamite will make the switch in 2021 2022 damnit

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's a lesser station but not by much. certainly less prestige but i don't think that will matter too much for a wrestling show audience here

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basically the same. If you've got one, you've got the other.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Penguin Patrol posted:

I'm seeing Rampage is going to debut directly on TBS and then Dynamite will make the switch in 2021

quote:

Until then, the two-hour weekly “Dynamite” show will add a third hour on Fridays, “Rampage,” premiering at 10 p.m. on Aug. 13 on TNT.

quote:

Until then, presence on TNT remains robust in 2021 with the addition of the new hour-long series “AEW: Rampage.” Debuting on August 13 at 10 p.m. ET, “AEW: Rampage” is a third hour of high-octane wrestling featuring the world renowned stars of AEW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TBS is available in about half a million more households, if that (90 million vs 89.5 million).

What does this mean for the TNT Title though?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, just to make sure I have everything straight.

- Rampage premieres on TBS later this year.
- Dynamite moves to TBS next year.
- We're getting four Clash-style supercards on TNT per year starting next year.

Sound right?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
should've known better than to trust my pigeon feed supply guy with news as important as this

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The TBS championship???
Also I hope some Freeview channel in the UK picks it up, but I get the sense itv is much less enthused about wrestling after their box office thing collapsed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Does TBS still air their shows five minutes after the hour?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This is very bad for AEW, probably

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MJeff posted:

So, just to make sure I have everything straight.

- Rampage premieres on TBS TNT later this year.
- Dynamite and Rampage move to TBS next year.
- We're getting four Clash-style supercards on TNT per year starting next year.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What does this mean for the TNT Title though?

Champion is not allowed to wrestler on TBS, is stuck on TNT doing Snowpiercer guest spots

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This is because Miro won the TNT title. Everyone is fleeing in terror.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This is very bad for AEW, probably

Maybe it's very good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TNT title becomes the TBS title until 10 years time when -1 brings it back as an unsanctioned belt

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

Maybe it's very good.

It’s definitely very one or the other

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rip aew, we had a good run but it’s over now

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

spent all night hacking the tbs mainframe to uncover the intro theme for aew rampage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3DpZ7bDNIA&t=86s

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

TNT title becomes the TBS title until 10 years time when -1 brings it back as an unsanctioned belt

this is the long term storytelling i'm asking for

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW Dynamite on TNT cancelled by end of 2021. Many predicted right....

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gotcha.

Anyway, this is pretty much a lateral move, although I will miss stuff like being able to draw reference to Nitro by talking about THE FIRST TIME BLAH BLAH BLAH ON TNT IN TWENTY YEARS! like with Sting or Nagata. I mean, I know WCW had a show on TBS too, but still. Myah.

lmao if the TNT Title has to change again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

Gotcha.

Anyway, this is pretty much a lateral move, although I will miss stuff like being able to draw reference to Nitro by talking about THE FIRST TIME BLAH BLAH BLAH ON TNT IN TWENTY YEARS! like with Sting or Nagata. I mean, I know WCW had a show on TBS too, but still. Myah.

lmao if the TNT Title has to change again.
They can just say Turner instead of TNT and it’ll mean the same, no-one will care outside of a few Vincels tweeting “HACKTCHUALLY,”