Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Does TBS still air their shows five minutes after the hour?

Not for like 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not for like 20 years.

1990 was 20 years ago

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Those supercards sound interesting. Especially since those will still be on TNT.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I do like a good rampage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW goes on a ratings rampage, no one survives

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Those supercards sound interesting. Especially since those will still be on TNT.

I think this is really cool and hopefully it gives the company a little more booking direction in between PPVs, where sometimes they get lost in the weeds.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If TNT and TBS are the same, why not put Hockey on TBS? I wonder how the ratings will be on Wednesday with Hockey and Dynamite against each other.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pylons posted:

I imagine the super cards are like mid-PPV Special Dynamites like Winter is Coming, Fyter Fest, etc

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
it just registered that the network is TNT and the show is called Dynamite

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cauliflower jones posted:

it just registered that the network is TNT and the show is called Dynamite

Wait till you hear about what WCW’s TNT show was called

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think getting AEW away from sports is good move, but lmao TNT is shuffling away ratings for hockey ratings. The eyes are still gonna go to the same company, but boy the difference in ratings is gonna be funny unless the NHL finally skyrockets into #1 sport status. It won't, though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I think getting AEW away from sports is good move, but lmao TNT is shuffling away ratings for hockey ratings. The eyes are still gonna go to the same company, but boy the difference in ratings is gonna be funny unless the NHL finally skyrockets into #1 sport status. It won't, though.

I've seen it stated that the advertising dollars from hockey pretty much trump what's spent on wrestling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
But what does this mean to me, a paying "australian", do I get AEW RAMPAGE with my AEW+ sub?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dacap posted:

I imagine the super cards are like mid-PPV Special Dynamites like Winter is Coming, Fyter Fest, etc

Yeah, Fyter Fest at the start of July, maybe the anniversary show at the start of October, Winter Is Coming in December, then maybe an April show (I wouldn't want to make Blood and Guts annual but you could do Fight For The Fallen or have a rotating theme)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Turns out Rampage is actually a second reality show focusing on the Rhodes family, this time focusing on Cody and Brandi’s newest dog Rampage Rhodes and all of the crazy trouble he gets into

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

graph posted:

1990 was 20 years ago

They started ramping it down in 97 and completely discontinued :05/:35 start times in 2000.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've seen it stated that the advertising dollars from hockey pretty much trump what's spent on wrestling

That makes more sense, but it's still gonna be a pretty big chuckle when the numbers roll in.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now they really should consider a 6pm saturday show for old times sake

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
AEW on TNT: The Big Easter gently caress
AEW on TNT: The Big Summer gently caress (aka the Big Gamer gently caress)
AEW on TNT: The Big Halloween gently caress
AEW on TNT: The Big Christmas gently caress

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BrickZahn/status/1395046629561049097

Tony got the X version??

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

If TNT and TBS are the same, why not put Hockey on TBS? I wonder how the ratings will be on Wednesday with Hockey and Dynamite against each other.

they paid a lot more money for hockey than for wrestling, that's rly all it comes down to. that and the ad money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hm, so RAMPAGE starts about a month into the tour.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

jesus WEP posted:

They can just say Turner instead of TNT and it’ll mean the same, no-one will care outside of a few Vincels tweeting “HACKTCHUALLY,”
My guess is they'll rename it the Television Title

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I know WWE owns the rights to "Halloween Havoc" but AEW need to produce a Halloween themed super show now.

Gimme Orange Cassidy sleeping in a coffin prior to the main event of "The Spooky Slam" please.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people act like tbs is low-rent but they have the rights to american dad now and the show isn't even finished. they air new episodes. the american dad and aew station. Best fRiends dressed up like American Dad, American Son, the fish, and Rogerlander the alien

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

TNT is going to be the sports focused network. So TBS is getting wrestling, TNT is getting sports stuff.

TBS is the higher rated network so the move is an upgrade.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I hope he accidentally got the Tone Loc version.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
John Cena is already on TBS

AEW is one step closer to The Prototype Vs MJF

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

Hm, so RAMPAGE starts about a month into the tour.

I'm pretty sure one of the three initial dates they announced was a Friday and labeled a TV taping, which had people speculating. Guess this answers that!

Kind of hope this means Elevation and Dark will get trimmed down in length a little bit but I'm not sure there's really going to be a correlation.

Seems like a somewhat lateral move for AEW and I'd rather have it on TBS and not be preempted or moved a bunch for sports stuff than stay on TV and wind up with a bunch of the weird "tune in after the game, or Friday at 11pm!" stuff we had a while back. Plus, as long as it doesn't mess with AEW+ on Fite it could get moved to CourtTV and it'd be fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

TNT is going to be the sports focused network. So TBS is getting wrestling, TNT is getting sports stuff.

I wonder if this means Turner no longer considers AEW sports.

Which maaaaaaybe means they might move from BR Live to HBO Max?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eventually there’s got to be an HBO Max deal, right? I feel like already being under the Warner umbrella makes it a no-brainer to use Max to stream old Dynamites and PPV like WWE on Peacock

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

I know WWE owns the rights to "Halloween Havoc" but AEW need to produce a Halloween themed super show now.

Gimme Orange Cassidy sleeping in a coffin prior to the main event of "The Spooky Slam" please.

AEW is proud to announce a partnership with Universal Studios to produce a week of Halloween-themed events under the "Halloween Horror Nights" banner.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

I hate that Vince owns all the WCW names because some of them were cool.

I hope that some day, Vince not being there, makes the next WWE "chairman" sell a lot of their old stuff.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sounds like they're getting more money as part of this deal too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope he accidentally got the Tone Loc version.

That should be Eddie’s theme and when they tag they play an awful Jerishow mashup version of both songs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I wonder if this means Turner no longer considers AEW sports.

Which maaaaaaybe means they might move from BR Live to HBO Max?

It's not actually under the Turner Sports umbrella.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i can’t wait to watch aew dynamite on tbs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

this is excellent corporate synergy bc major league is the most "Saturday afternoon on tbs" a movie can get

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

wow, is it really? i believe you i just would have never guessed that. too in my sports bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's a pretty safe bet Rampage gets shown on Fite, yeah?