Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cool av posted:

whoever said musk is an institutional investor with the mouth of a retail investor was spot on, this time.

we'll see if it continues to hold!

He's the guy at the insider trading table live tweeting what is going on because social media clout means more to him than a couple more bucks on his already incomprehensible mountain of cash lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

looks like the crash is over for the time being

sigh... now i need something else to fill my day with

never thought I'd say this but

can Elon tweet again please

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The coin people said no more sales only buys, it's what the free market would have wanted

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

this is what i imagine the caliber of every bitcoin entrepreneur to be

"yea this line was down here, but it's straight here, so it might go back up. yeah i wore this shirt last night, what about it"

that's the caliber of every "market analyst." Cryptocurrency just stole the gimmick for their "technical analysis" which is cavemen looking for patterns in randomly shifting lines we use to represent markets.

If you criticize them you'll get an "Um actually there is basis in predicting the behavior of human involvement in a market" which is completely true but does not justify 99.9999999% of the bullshit extrapolations or the entire careers that have been built by going "Line only does this usually, therefore....................."

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Asproigerosis posted:

The coin people said no more sales only buys, it's what the free market would have wanted

HODL

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

did anyone post this yet

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

thread happy so bitcoin 133742069k tomorrow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/kellyweill/status/1395035144638148611?s=21

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Have the subreddits put up the hotline numbers yet?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hell yeah

loving seeing number up

and number down

number just doing thangs

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

the bitcoin of weed posted:

did anyone post this yet

Open biden going very well I see!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zil posted:

Have the subreddits put up the hotline numbers yet?
they seem to still be in heavy denial

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

FUN 👏 DA 👏 MENTALS

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Shifty Pony posted:

hahahahahahahahhahahahahha

I feel sorry for anybody who bought drugs on the internet yesterday

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

the bitcoin of weed posted:

did anyone post this yet

A few days ago I was looking at condo prices in my city and thought about how terrible things are and why should I even bother saving money to try and own a home some day instead of just blowing it all because it's not like anything good will ever happen and Number benevolently decides to prove me wrong

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I feel sorry for anybody who bought drugs on the internet yesterday

Yeah if you didn't pay for the 1 day drug shipping you're probably not getting that package

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lol @ butts

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

not all of them

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Number up and down just loving like a maniac

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Found this on one of my pro-coin sexy lady astrologer twitters:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

skewetoo posted:

Number up and down just loving like a maniac

The plunge protection team is doing their best! :911:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/seanrmoorhead/status/1395055571175448587?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wow GBS buttcoin thread really did not like my assertion that crypto and the stock market are the exact same imaginary and arbitrary bullshit.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Colonial Pipeline should have waited a week to pay off the ransomware, lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bit of a jump
there between panels 3 and 4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1395004852074319873
https://twitter.com/CryptoWhale/status/1395043180811333633
https://twitter.com/business/status/1395019364605308928

quote:

According to the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, roughly 70% of the hashrate for mining Bitcoin—that is, the processing power for verifying transactions on the blockchain’s ledger—is generated in China. The mining operations are clustered within a few geographies well-suited for housing large data centers: areas with low rents, temperate climates, and reliable access to cheap electricity.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Well, he's technically correct

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol if Bitcoin crashed because they tried to cash the colonial pipeline bitcoins

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Lostconfused posted:

There is no objective value.

There is exchange value which is realized at the moment of exchange between two commodities.

Then there is the use value, which is realized when the commodity is consumed.

nice post/username combo? i think you need to read capital again broheim.

value is objective but purely relational rather than a substantial property of an individual thing. all three aspects of the value form are what determines a commodity as a commodity. nothing exchanges for a price without being a product of socially necessary labor time, although it is the moment of exchange that retroactively determines whether or not it was socially necessary. price and value never directly coincide except at the level of total prices = total values.

without an objective theory of value there is no historical materialism.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

coelomate posted:

Ponzi scheme collapsing until the next bubble or Musk tweet. The tether reserves are probably all fake, but commercial paper is a Real Thing and really is a cash-equivalent.

I do think the tide is going out for a lot of assets as COVID lockdowns and stimulus wind down though. For the last several months, a lot of well-off people had vastly lower expenses (deferred loans/mortgages, stable jobs, limited food/entertainment possibilities), interest rates were crap, and stimulus occasionally rained from the heavens. Plus the boredom.

So pokemon cards and GME stock and bitcoin all started doing crazy things. And bubbles are driven by the self-reinforcing cycle of number going up whenever new money walks through the door, so things get frothy... until they don't.

It'd be cool and good if this is the real bubble burst and stuff goes back to normal, but God is dead and anything could happen, so RON PAUL '08 END THE FED GOLD IS MONEY BITCOIN COULD NEVER GO DOWN etc.

I bought some DS Pokemon games in 2018 to round out my game library so I could transfer up some Pokemon and also play them, and my copy of Black 2 I bought then for like 32 dollars (which was considered a bit high at the time since I went with a nicer condition copy on ebay) now sells for 175 bucks. The Pokemon TCG bubble single handidly raised my entire video game collection with just the CIB Pokemon games I have by nearly 1,000 dollars just by itself.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

(handshake meme)

CSPAM Posters [handshake] FT commenters

..................loving these past 24 hours...........

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Amogus

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Creating a new crypto that's based on how many functional, original copies of Earthbound for SNES there are in the world at any given time. NESScoin, it's called NESScoin. And you can only get one if you have an original copy of Earthbound for SNES that still works. You have to send me your copy and then I will verify its functionality and place it in our central reserve (vault in my house). Then you will be issued one NESScoin which you can hold onto and watch it increase in value.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sucks that bitcoin made that guy's arms fall off

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

splifyphus posted:

nice post/username combo? i think you need to read capital again broheim.

value is objective but purely relational rather than a substantial property of an individual thing. all three aspects of the value form are what determines a commodity as a commodity. nothing exchanges for a price without being a product of socially necessary labor time, although it is the moment of exchange that retroactively determines whether or not it was socially necessary. price and value never directly coincide except at the level of total prices = total values.

without an objective theory of value there is no historical materialism.

I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait, if every platform is closed, then why is the prices of those crypto still fluctuating? Shouldn't they all be frozen at this point?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

oxsnard posted:

lol @ butts

Whoa, Oxnard rises from the ashes like a Phoenix.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

Wait, if every platform is closed, then why is the prices of those crypto still fluctuating? Shouldn't they all be frozen at this point?

the platforms are only for the small time bag holders. big time crypto people can trade directly with each other

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

it's the Invisible Hand at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rutibex posted:

the platforms are only for the small time bag holders. big time crypto people can trade directly with each other

It's like locking passengers in their rooms while the rich people take off with the lifeboats

banks got raided by mobs of furious customers when they tried that in the 20s but here's another perk of being entirely fake
nothing to raid, no one to rage at
just impotent shouting