Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are those tea bushes by the big pond? i keep forgetting whether they need watering but i thought they did not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

are those tea bushes by the big pond? i keep forgetting whether they need watering but i thought they did not

Tea bushes don't need watering. I'm guessing that's coffee, though.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Poque posted:

I'm so close I can taste it. At this point I've done everything I can to prep for the rest of this file except finish stockpiling green algae and seaweed for the last 11 ponds, since those will also come gradually with the existing ponds. I will go get the rest of the stone I need soon and then just push through for the full gamut!

Will that be a pond for every fish?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah that's just coffee. Blobfish demanded beans and I kept it up for the speed boost. Tea bushes are a good idea for some other space I have, though!

Mazz posted:

Will that be a pond for every fish?

Yep! 61 eligible fish, including urchins and coral.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Poque posted:

Yeah that's just coffee. Blobfish demanded beans and I kept it up for the speed boost. Tea bushes are a good idea for some other space I have, though!

Yep! 61 eligible fish, including urchins and coral.
You should have done this on the Beach Farm since there's just that much more space.

MORE FISH PONDS!!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Crazy Ted posted:

You should have done this on the Beach Farm since there's just that much more space.

MORE FISH PONDS!!!

It's funny, I mostly decided against that because I didn't think there would be enough room, but going to stardew.info shows that there would have been MORE than enough space. And what a use for non-tillable land! That's okay though - I just finished a beach farm run right before this.

I have stopped doing anything but getting fish quest items and building/filling ponds for the last bit of this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
And...IT'S OVERRRRRR

This was fun. I kept figuring out little shortcuts too far in that would've been way more useful in the early days. Like...after 8pm in summer, all ocean fish except for Halibut and Super Cukes go to sleep, and you get WAY more seaweed fishing then. Like SO MUCH MORE! I discovered that with like 50 seaweed left to get. Also didn't have the thought of Monster Musk + Burglar Ring and the first handful of floors of the mines to get algae drops from green slimes until later, but at least there I would've had to wait until getting the musk recipe in the first place, not to mention the Burglar Ring itself. That one ultimately saved me a lot of time.

YOU'RE FREE, ROBIN.

https://i.imgur.com/BtjyQGt.mp4

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
now i want to play city skylines

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Poque posted:

And...IT'S OVERRRRRR

Nicely done. What an impressive difficult self-goal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is awesome

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it was all worth it for that gif, drat

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Psion posted:

Amazing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Poque posted:

And...IT'S OVERRRRRR

This was fun. I kept figuring out little shortcuts too far in that would've been way more useful in the early days. Like...after 8pm in summer, all ocean fish except for Halibut and Super Cukes go to sleep, and you get WAY more seaweed fishing then. Like SO MUCH MORE! I discovered that with like 50 seaweed left to get. Also didn't have the thought of Monster Musk + Burglar Ring and the first handful of floors of the mines to get algae drops from green slimes until later, but at least there I would've had to wait until getting the musk recipe in the first place, not to mention the Burglar Ring itself. That one ultimately saved me a lot of time.

YOU'RE FREE, ROBIN.

imagine the smell

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If there is such a thing

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:pcgaming:

What a journey.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Psion posted:

Yeah that was fun to watch. I need to move some of my buildings around now.

:golfclap:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

What do goons think of Pumpkin Days? I've been watching Shelab play it, and it seems like there's tons of content there.

Unfortunately, it also seems painfully random. Shops have different goods every day, which means some days they don't sell basic tools, or any of a type of tool.

The art is a little on the ugly side for my taste too.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Yeah, doesn't look like my thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Poque posted:

And...IT'S OVERRRRRR

YOU'RE FREE, ROBIN.

Congratulations! It looks fantastic. Truly you are the king of fish.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Sure, but imagine the SMELT.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's so weird that they give you recipes so early, and as rewards for social links but hate it behind a house upgrade.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Gaius Marius posted:

It's so weird that they give you recipes so early, and as rewards for social links but hate it behind a house upgrade.

It'd be nice if they had an early option in the form of a Grill that you could put over fires, letting you cook basic foods like Omelets or Crispy Bass but not cakes or maple bars.

Something so players can get started without having to solely live off foraging. Linus can't compete when I purge the map of all available berries.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Tetrabor posted:

It'd be nice if they had an early option in the form of a Grill that you could put over fires, letting you cook basic foods like Omelets or Crispy Bass but not cakes or maple bars.

Something so players can get started without having to solely live off foraging. Linus can't compete when I purge the map of all available berries.

I've been wanting something like this since launch. The first house upgrade doesn't exactly take that long to get, but there really should be a way to cook the easier recipes before then.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Why do I need a stove or fridge to make sashimi if the fish are fresh forever in my pocket? Linus doesn't seem to need it...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
There is an item you can make to cook on, it's the... campfire kit, I think?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Cross platform multiplayer when?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

GodFish posted:

There is an item you can make to cook on, it's the... campfire kit, I think?

Cookout kit, foraging level 9.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Robin sells a cooking stove for a lot less than a house upgrade.

Is Android ever gonna get updated?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Fern River update!

So some of you may remember that I'm working on a mod to add a new location to SDV. I've got a small team working on dialogue and some of the art (still room for collaborators if you want to join in!). Fern River is a town inhabited by beings from world mythology that have taken on human form in order to maintain a low profile. The storyline is essentially a conflict between integrating with the outside world and maintaining their isolation, and their relationship with the farmer is what steers them towards ultimately becoming more involved with the outside. A crisis moment comes when Joja lackeys try to abduct Floriana, a child fascinated by the outside - she is rescued by Penny, the Fern River teacher Fable, and the farmer. I wanted Penny to have a scene where she takes control and shows her strength. Still a lot to do, but I like the path it's taking a lot!

The town itself:

Waterfall area above town:

Labyrinth area (unlocks after the main storyline - I haven't finished decorating it yet):

One of the new NPCs, Floriana:

Bonster fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 18, 2021

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Looks cool! I like the house with the rainbow awning and trim. :3

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Organic Lube User posted:

Robin sells a cooking stove for a lot less than a house upgrade.

Is Android ever gonna get updated?

The Stove fireplace? You can't cook on that.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Loving the recent goon content. It's great to watch the growth of Fern River and the Fish Farm (especially with pictures)

Also heads up that a new Stardew Valley Jazz Album was released, for those interested: https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prescription-for-sleep-stardew-valley

GENTLE LOVE does a lot of soothing covers of video game music, ranging from Secret of Mana to Celeste and others. Very happy to see their handle on this amazing farming soundtrack.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
It feels like killing the first mummified bat on switch just flips a switch or something. Like thirty days in the mines before my first bat. Then I get one, and the very next time I go to the volcano I got 8 in seven levels. Or maybe the but just got fixed?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is My Time at Portia any good? I want to farm but I don't wanna replay RF4 and I just replayed this so...

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is My Time at Portia any good? I want to farm but I don't wanna replay RF4 and I just replayed this so...

Yes. It is my third rec in exactly that order.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's pretty fun but it's more of a construction chain game then a farming game. E.g. build this to process that so you can make the third thing

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My Time at Portia is fun and good change of pace, not just 3Der Stardew. I also really enjoyed the aspect of someone to compete with, even if the competition is entirely me wiping the floor with them, every day, start to finish.

Bonster posted:

The town itself:

what them birds and big gator up to??

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

tildes posted:

It feels like killing the first mummified bat on switch just flips a switch or something. Like thirty days in the mines before my first bat. Then I get one, and the very next time I go to the volcano I got 8 in seven levels. Or maybe the but just got fixed?

I can't get the 2 snake spine bits I need. Maybe fixing the bat broke those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bonster posted:

Fern River update!

So some of you may remember that I'm working on a mod to add a new location to SDV. I've got a small team working on dialogue and some of the art (still room for collaborators if you want to join in!). Fern River is a town inhabited by beings from world mythology that have taken on human form in order to maintain a low profile. The storyline is essentially a conflict between integrating with the outside world and maintaining their isolation, and their relationship with the farmer is what steers them towards ultimately becoming more involved with the outside. A crisis moment comes when Joja lackeys try to abduct Floriana, a child fascinated by the outside - she is rescued by Penny, the Fern River teacher Fable, and the farmer. I wanted Penny to have a scene where she takes control and shows her strength. Still a lot to do, but I like the path it's taking a lot!

The town itself:

Waterfall area above town:

Labyrinth area (unlocks after the main storyline - I haven't finished decorating it yet):

One of the new NPCs, Floriana:

Looking good, does this town have a hot spiring? If it does I recommend letting players move in the water at regular speed and also heal while moving not just when standing still.