Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DianaMoskovitz/status/1394413346988855298

(it's a thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the NFL absolutely isn't going to operate in good faith on that account.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The idea that discovery is somehow bad is kind of an eye roller. The fact that it becomes public record is ridiculous though

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Intruder posted:

The idea that discovery is somehow bad is kind of an eye roller. The fact that it becomes public record is ridiculous though

in the tweet she is not saying discovery is bad she is saying that the nfl inserting itself and requiring basically discovery before discovery, as an entity that is not the court system, is tactically a bad thing to cooperate with for the plaintiffs. You don't have to do this king you can just not post and let it roll even if watson does play for the texans.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
King?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yes I've been very defensive of Watson in this thread since all this came out, you got me

"You could just not post" is hilarious coming from someone whose every post is a lovely troll

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 19, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

The idea that discovery is somehow bad is kind of an eye roller.

her line of reason in that thread makes no sense

Phobeste posted:

in the tweet she is not saying discovery is bad she is saying that the nfl inserting itself and requiring basically discovery before discovery, as an entity that is not the court system, is tactically a bad thing to cooperate with for the plaintiffs. You don't have to do this king you can just not post and let it roll even if watson does play for the texans.

she says

quote:

EXTREMELY disadvantageous for any non-player to cooperate with an NFL investigation.

What? It's extremely disadvantageous for the player to cooperate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Her reasoning seems to be completely strategic in the sense that the less time the defense is in possession of the evidence the less time they have to form a defense

But I somehow doubt Rusty Hardin's offices are going to struggle in that regard

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Are people actually talking about this though? obviously there's no reason to favor the nfl's process over that of americas, and if he's found guilty then he's going to be face the same NFL trial with the addition of being judged guilty

I could see some of the women being pissed when he shows up to training camp but the NFL hasn't done anything to stop him anyways and if it's business as usual for the NFL you might as well rub their nose in their process that hasn't changed even with ray rice.

like, should you cooperate with a CFL/XFL investigation? who cares?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

that may also be true but it's kind of separate. i don't think she's presenting it as an either/or in that way.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The NFL is anything but a disinterested arbiter of justice so I think she hit the nail on the head that for civil allegations: there is no reason to participate in their administrative process.

I don't see what's eyerolling about it. Victims are already at a massive disadvantage because their abusers are massively lauded sports celebrities with a baked in local fanbase. Providing them and their white shoe law firms with all the pertinent information for your suit prior to when is required by the legal process is absolutely an additional major disadvantage.

Intruder posted:

Her reasoning seems to be completely strategic in the sense that the less time the defense is in possession of the evidence the less time they have to form a defense

But I somehow doubt Rusty Hardin's offices are going to struggle in that regard

Yeah it's a strategic disadvantage - that's exactly her point.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 19, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I’m not sure why the NFL is investigating at all. If there wasn’t a civil investigation going on sure but they seem redundant right now

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The NFL Cares©®TM

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I’m not sure why the NFL is investigating at all. If there wasn’t a civil investigation going on sure but they seem redundant right now

This is a much better point on the subject than deciding that it's bad for a defendant to be entitled to discovery

Given that Goodell has in the past used his broad powers to suspend players outside of any kind of process, he should just do that for Watson

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
She never says that discovery is bad. She says that cooperating with the NFL before the normal court discovery process plays out is usually a bad idea for the interests of a non-player. It is seriously not that hard to understand, and I don't see how anybody can argue her point with a straight face

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

GD_American posted:

I don't see how anybody can argue her point with a straight face

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

GD_American posted:

She never says that discovery is bad. She says that cooperating with the NFL before the normal court discovery process plays out is usually a bad idea for the interests of a non-player. It is seriously not that hard to understand, and I don't see how anybody can argue her point with a straight face

Easy just misunderstand her point from the beginning.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Easy just misunderstand her point from the beginning.

I, Goon

Nov 6, 2002

Nobody should cooperate with the NFL. gently caress them!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Deshaun has started posting on social media again.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1395069132207493127?s=20

That feels weird and tasteless to me in the middle of all this poo poo going on.

Nov 6, 2002

With all that exercising I hope he's getting some massage therapy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Ehud posted:

Deshaun has started posting on social media again.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1395069132207493127?s=20

That feels weird and tasteless to me in the middle of all this poo poo going on.

The thousand mile rebuilding journey of a brand starts with a single post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Posting a picture of your glute area

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Intruder posted:

deciding that it's bad for a defendant to be entitled to discovery

where did this happen? I've read the twitter thread a couple times and the only conclusion I can come to is that you made it up in your own brain for no reason

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

indigi posted:

where did this happen? I've read the twitter thread a couple times and the only conclusion I can come to is that you made it up in your own brain for no reason

Taking neither side here but just for full disclosure - what's your summary on what the main issue is, simplified?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 20, 2021

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

her line of reason in that thread makes no sense

she says

Not cooperating is what got Brady suspended

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

With all that exercising I hope he's getting some massage therapy.

His defense should make him keep up the pace so they can say it was all his normal routine but like without all rape.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

His defense should make him keep up the pace so they can say it was all his normal routine but like without all rape.

I'm hopeful that young women trying to break into massage therapy will now stay far far away from him

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

I'm hopeful that young women trying to break into massage therapy will now stay far far away from him

Or at least six inches.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Elephanthead posted:

idk that cooperating would have gotten him anything different except probably a bunch of leaked poo poo from his old phone

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

This would assume your client could, ya know, stop being a rapist. Dunno if that's the case here given the breadth and timing on some of these.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Not cooperating is what kept Brady's suspension to 4 games.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Don't ever loving talk to the (NFL) POLICE

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Not 100% applicable, but I am reminded not this video: https://youtu.be/sgWHrkDX35o

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
And also who gives a poo poo what it did to Brady because, again, she's specifically talking about non-players

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

There won't be any real movement on Watson for months as far as the NFL goes but why not

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1396868302220140546

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Good news Deshaun now lots of people agree with you! I promise one way or the other you'll get your wish

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the timeline is
-watson gets traded for pennies on the dollar
-watson immediately gets “injured” and sits out for a whole year
-watson starts in 2022 and we hear about his “courage” for coming back from an injury and salacious headlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

the timeline is
-watson gets traded for pennies on the dollar
-watson immediately gets “injured” and sits out for a whole year
-watson starts in 2022 and we hear about his “courage” for coming back from an injury and salacious headlines

Watson is too much of a hot potato to get traded/signed by anyone else right now, I think, no matter how much of a bargain it is.

Nobody's going to trade even meager draft capital for him when a) you're going to face pretty strong PR backlash for bringing him to town and b) there's a pretty high likelihood Goodell eventually puts him on the exempt list before he ever sees the field.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 26, 2021