Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Wow that's a lot of ground to cover in an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

still somewhat bummed out you guys deem me batshit insane and stupid for thinking that the Forums might possibly monitored by the Feds/literally anyone with internet access

I just thought that since there's a ton of nazi-offshoot sites like Something Sensitive, that FYAD Expat forum and Kiwifarms we aren't that irrelevant?

i was not aware the Forums are still considered Dead & Gay after all these years of producing other sites like 4Chan

sorry:smith:

If you're that worried you should just stop posting, It's the only way to be sure no one misconstrues what you said.

If you're not that worried you should also stop posting.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

No you're right dude it was just how you worded it.

like if I said something to the effect like calling her a horrible, evil ro*ch someone could easily screenshot that and twist it into an Anti-Semitic insult
Trick question: how could I have reworded it so that ghouls like Bari Weiss can't interpret it as anti-Semitism?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Trick question: how could I have reworded it so that ghouls like Bari Weiss can't interpret it as anti-Semitism?

post it while being Bari Weiss

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
"THE FEDS" can suck my dick from the back

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Facing serious accusations of being both anti-semitic and anti-greek after my post saying Bari Weiss looks like Stavros is screenshotted and shared by instagram influencers

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Will has some weird work bathroom opinions. In a past episode he said it should be your right to jack off in the workplace bathroom and in this one he said you need the right to take a 20 minute poo poo.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Listening through Time For My Stories and man, it's crazy how little TV I've watched. The only show I've seen any episodes of that they've covered so far was The X-Files.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Facing serious accusations of being both anti-semitic and anti-greek after my post saying Bari Weiss looks like Stavros is screenshotted and shared by instagram influencers

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1268665509580550144?s=19

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Flaskraven posted:

Will has some weird work bathroom opinions. In a past episode he said it should be your right to jack off in the workplace bathroom and in this one he said you need the right to take a 20 minute poo poo.

No he is totally correct. How much time can you spend in a bathroom at work? What if you have IBS? What if you have crohn’s? What if you just drank a lot of coffee and ate spicy wings last night?

Just lmao if you’ve never jacked off or had sex at work… must be nice!!

My first kitchen job I used to fake smoking so I could take as many breaks as I wanted. You can’t just say “hey this poo poo sucks I’m gonna take 5 mins in my headphones to chill before I come back and clean this mofo.” but cigarette smokers can take as many smoke breaks as they want.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flaskraven posted:

Jacking off at work is gross but lol if you don’t poop on company time

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah when I worked retail I'd take extended bathroom breaks. Boss makes a dollar I make a dime that's why I poo poo on company time.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Flaskraven posted:

He’s right about the second one

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jacking off at work is gross but lol if you don’t poop on company time

Never done it at the office, but whom amongst us hasn't powered up a crystal on the clock given the last year?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just remembered Jeff Tubin and lol’ed

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Flaskraven posted:

Speaking of cops and feds browsing the forums lmao

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

No he is totally correct. How much time can you spend in a bathroom at work? What if you have IBS? What if you have crohn’s? What if you just drank a lot of coffee and ate spicy wings last night?

Just lmao if you’ve never jacked off or had sex at work… must be nice!!

My first kitchen job I used to fake smoking so I could take as many breaks as I wanted. You can’t just say “hey this poo poo sucks I’m gonna take 5 mins in my headphones to chill before I come back and clean this mofo.” but cigarette smokers can take as many smoke breaks as they want.

I started dipping because I smoked and i couldn’t take as many breaks as I wanted. Dipping was great because you could just bop along doing your job with that nice warm blanket of nicotine hugging you along. And I looked like a hard worker for not stopping or passing on breaks and letting others go.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
praxis is when you hold in a morning poo poo until you can do it on company tim

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Zhulik posted:

yessir

Since I've been unemployed I've noticed I use easily 5 times as much toilet paper because I was almost exclusively making GBS threads at work

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Zhulik posted:

I used to be an "only at home" guy until I started hating my job

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Over dinner once when I was 16-17 I was SHOCKED to discover that my brother and my mom basically have never used a public restroom in their entire lives. I'm telling you that he has, at 30, literally never poo poo at school or work in his entire life. I get nauseous thinking about holding it in for 20 minutes, how you gonna hold it in for an entire school day, or an entire shift at work? Just literally unfathomable to me.

He's also one of those guys who wakes up every day, goes to the john, and locks the doors for about 25 minutes at a time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I legit don't think I ever went at school and I'm not sure how.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I think I got over making GBS threads in public during high school. My parents are both not OCD but like mild germaphobes and I eventually realized they looked insane and that the world is just a dirty place and there's nothing you can do about it but flush first so you don't backsplash a stranger's piss into your rear end in a top hat and wash your hands after. I think a lot of people might just be embarrassed about it, but Everybody Poops, it's fine.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
People who can only poo poo at home are one rung down on the evolutionary ladder from the rest of humanity

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I used to love pooping at work and would spend ages in the handicapped stall playing Hearthstone until my legs went numb.

Now I miss the bidet at home and hate using 0-ply toilet paper.

In conclusion making GBS threads at work is a land of contrasts.

As long as you can pull off a quick stealth jerk then go for it but if some weirdo is huffin and puffin in a crowded restroom then that’s no bueno.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i practice the ancient art of stealth making GBS threads. you'll never even know i'm there...

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
felix's screenplay is literally just the anime Macross. All that's missing is some cool mecha and some bullshit love triangle

amazing:stare:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sorry if this was discussed already but calling Nolan films "cinema hostile architecture" is such a loving amazing shorthand.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

felix's screenplay is literally just the anime Macross. All that's missing is some cool mecha and some bullshit love triangle

amazing:stare:

It also reminded me of the movie The History of Future Folk since that's the exact premise.

Also talking about the UFO or whatever I'm with Will that I'd like it to be real but them only showing up outside US bases is sus. I also remember the explanation about how a fourth dimensional object would look like nonsense to us as it passes through our dimension similar to how an apple passing through a 2D plane would not be fully understood by the beings living there.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The only way the military and government would be okay with releasing stuff like this is either because they absolutely know what it is (nonsense/actual reptilian overlords) or because it's deliberately obfuscation about any real examination into it and its just to poison the well

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
loved the seagal episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

net work error posted:

It also reminded me of the movie The History of Future Folk since that's the exact premise.

Also talking about the UFO or whatever I'm with Will that I'd like it to be real but them only showing up outside US bases is sus. I also remember the explanation about how a fourth dimensional object would look like nonsense to us as it passes through our dimension similar to how an apple passing through a 2D plane would not be fully understood by the beings living there.

Just spitballing here, but if I was an alien race, presumably intending to invade/colonize/enslave a race, the one thing I would be sure to take the time and research is their dogfighting capabilities. The aliens staking out the air force bases makes sense, so the scouts go back to Venus or whatever and say “yeah they have aircraft, but just barely, and they won’t be able to do anything to us.”

But that’s just me playing Devil’s Advocate, I do think aliens are real but I’ve always maintained Matt’s idea: any race capable of faster than light travel is so far evolved past us that they would only stop to observe us for the same reason you slow down when you see a deer in the street.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Aliens are all about vibes, the government doesn't want this information out in public. It would be too dangerous to capital.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

net work error posted:

Hypothetically if other nations air forces are encountering UFO they would probably not be talking to the new York times

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Virgil officially gone from chapo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So long, Space Virgil

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Update on Show Personnel
Dear Grey Wolves,

After over four years as a co-host, co-producer, and collaborator, Virgil Texas is departing Chapo Trap House in order to pursue other creative projects.

Virgil's contributions to the show over the last four years have been immeasurable and we are truly sad to see him go. Virgil's commentary, interviews, game mastering, and vibes will always be an essential part of Chapo lore and canon. This separation is mutual and amicable and we all wish him the absolute best in developing his podcast Bad Faith and all future projects.

Thanks as always to you listeners for your continued support, we're looking forward to many more great shows in the future.

Virgil can currently be found at Bad Faith at http://badfaithpodcast.com and on Twitter @VirgilTexas.

Semper Games,

Will, Felix, Matt, Amber, & Chris

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Why would amber do this

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The only reason aliens would be interested in us is to study us for scientific reasons. All that requires is observation and occasional abductions, any more contact than that may effect our behavior too much for them to harvest useful sociological data.

Mineral wealth is largely meaningless to species that would have a virtually endless number of empty rocks to mine for resources, and all they would need is some genetic material to replicate of our agricultural crops which just requires a quick ride down to the midwest in the middle of the night to get some plant clippings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Not many planets have oil and refineries though