Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
what do you think thread. this is a stab at a possibility space of descriptions, not explanations (so no reasons WHY it would be one of these things)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

PawParole posted:

this is wild. I honestly am starting to believe that there’s something here.

interesting, iirc the classic "top UFO speed" has usually been billed at like 9,000 mph and using that figure Jacques Vallee calculated decades back that they'd require (assuming they're some physical vehicle) the energy equivalent of one nuclear reactor

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PawParole posted:

this is wild. I honestly am starting to believe that there’s something here.

Yeah if this poo poo is actually real it implies an understanding of physics we haven't even begun to ape at or demon magic, maybe both?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I want to have sex with an alien as much as the next guy but all the released footage does look like balloons. They should leak some good footage if there's so many pilots that saw them irl

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

the beauty is if its real, we'll just keep getting more and more solid evidence. in the soft disclosure explanation, it seems like rolling out every so slightly more convincing evidence bit-by-bit so you can "flatten" the panic curve is the approach underway :shrug: other than being hard to believe on it's face, lots of things happening appear to point that way.

I'm thinking how the US government has responded to the past few crises it has faced, doing stuff like saying masks aren't necessary for COVID since the US didn't have enough masks. if they are slowly revealing stuff to the public to prevent panic, they have definitely already surrendered to the aliens.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

what do you think thread. this is a stab at a possibility space of descriptions, not explanations (so no reasons WHY it would be one of these things)

im now convinced its hypertardigrades thanks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

they have come to protect their cousins
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1395072269488205826?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

also with the whole warp drive thing going on ( two different groups of scientists claiming warp drives are possible), happening at the same time as the ufo thing started up.

idk. Life might get more exciting.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Imapanda posted:

There's less people outdoors looking at the skies these days.

Lots more light pollution in general too.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

*looks at timestamp*

ok i'm now in the camp of "we live in a simulation and it has has deduced that humanity will not survive the climate collapse and is therefore speedrunning through all the endgame content"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I want to have sex with an alien as much as the next guy but all the released footage does look like balloons. They should leak some good footage if there's so many pilots that saw them irl

https://youtu.be/c1qiZ_L8wX4

it dips down into the water causing what looks like a splash without slowing down

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
thank u mr trump for disclosure

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.uaptheory.com/

the breakdown of the puerto rico ufo is pretty fun, they make a reasonable guess for the effects you'd expect from a gravity drive of some kind and then inspect the video for evidence.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

Yeah if this poo poo is actually real it implies an understanding of physics we haven't even begun to ape at or demon magic, maybe both?

I mean, why not? you go back a hundred years and show footage of an f-35 or a clip of skyrim to someone, how would you expect them to respond?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

thank u mr trump for disclosure

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, hell yes, yes, yes, yes

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
alright im convinced def 100% clearly truly aliens hypertardigrades from ~*~space~*~

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1395161019832545285

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
if this is all a psyop to get more spaceforce funding, isn't this the stupidest loving psyop of all time? if the capabilities of the craft in question were completely fabricated and david fravor et al are all actors, why the hell would they go with speeds like 10,000 mph? any sober analysis of the situation would bring one to the conclusion that if these entities (chinese, russian, extra terrestrial) meant the USA harm, they would be completely bent over. like even doubling the pentagon's budget and given 500 years and the luck of multiple physics breakthroughs, they still might not come up with anything that could compete. how is that the gambit that you propose to be given more money, of all things?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
seeing how it's being promoted by tucker carlson and marco loving rubio of all people, yes it is definitely the stupidest loving psyop of all time

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ross DaouThot posted:

if this is all a psyop to get more spaceforce funding, isn't this the stupidest loving psyop of all time? if the capabilities of the craft in question were completely fabricated and david fravor et al are all actors, why the hell would they go with speeds like 10,000 mph? any sober analysis of the situation would bring one to the conclusion that if these entities (chinese, russian, extra terrestrial) meant the USA harm, they would be completely bent over. like even doubling the pentagon's budget and given 500 years and the luck of multiple physics breakthroughs, they still might not come up with anything that could compete. how is that the gambit that you propose to be given more money, of all things?

like half the country believes Joe Biden is regularly murdering children and drinking their brain fluid for satanic reasons, I wouldn't think about it too hard

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
bottom pole dark

top pole bright

species dumb like all

miscalculation with fuel

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

seeing how it's being promoted by tucker carlson and marco loving rubio of all people, yes it is definitely the stupidest loving psyop of all time

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
broke: taking duolingo to learn mandarin in order to prepare for our chinese uav overlords

woke: taking telelingo to learn telepathy to talk with aliens

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hope t'ni is ready for first contact of my p'nis with its a'hole

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real or fake, I hope the narrative that aliens are real gets pushed hard now and all the people with a bad case of Snopes brain have do a 180 as well.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

alright im convinced def 100% clearly truly aliens hypertardigrades from ~*~space~*~

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1395161019832545285

broke: one billion Americans

woke: one billion alien emigres

one of my bull session hypotheses was that if UFOS and their inhabitants are extraterrestrials, then they are some of the last of their kind, effectively refugees just hiding on or around Earth and only peeking out when they need something

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

like half the country believes Joe Biden is regularly murdering children and drinking their brain fluid for satanic reasons, I wouldn't think about it too hard

sadly they’re right about that one OP

guess i might as well throw my pet theory in as well while im here, im hoping that they’re biblically accurate angels

Ross DaouThot has issued a correction as of 08:02 on May 20, 2021

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

always a little miffed by “biblically accurate angels” because while most of the time they are indeed hosed up weirdos other times, particularly those that Lot met before Sodom got Yahweh’d, they’re just as human looking as anyone else.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

Dr. Killjoy posted:

always a little miffed by “biblically accurate angels” because while most of the time they are indeed hosed up weirdos other times, particularly those that Lot met before Sodom got Yahweh’d, they’re just as human looking as anyone else.

ok ok i want the UAPs to be hosed up angels that claim divine origin and have voices like The Darkness

either that or they’re some kind of probes from higher dimensional bulk space that aren’t actually breaking the laws of physics with their acceleration and poo poo they just appear to for us

Ross DaouThot has issued a correction as of 08:29 on May 20, 2021

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
X-files is pretty sweet so far

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zisky posted:

Peeps really be glossing over the technological implications if these are actual vehicles.

Which makes me think it's a weather phenomena or mirage of some kind

Although

https://twitter.com/NazologyInfo/status/1395217716517113857?s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Earth's mightiest hero

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
our gifts to the cosmos:
- the voyager probes
- nudes
- tardigrades
- a Tesla
- invitation to a Klingon opera

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zisky posted:

X-files is pretty sweet so far

it only gets better. it goes real strong through season 6, fades out with some decent moments , a nd then even the revival has two phenomenal episodes

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my bony fealty posted:

I mean, why not? you go back a hundred years and show footage of an f-35 or a clip of skyrim to someone, how would you expect them to respond?

It's clear there's something weird going on but the evidence available just isn't of the caliber needed given the implications of the apparent performance of these objects

Until it is all we can do is :shrug:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Inspector Hound posted:

Which makes me think it's a weather phenomena or mirage of some kind

Although

https://twitter.com/NazologyInfo/status/1395217716517113857?s=19

stardigrade

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

PawParole posted:

also with the whole warp drive thing going on ( two different groups of scientists claiming warp drives are possible), happening at the same time as the ufo thing started up.

idk. Life might get more exciting.

Cold fusion discoveries would like a word

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

why would unimaginable alien ships that can do all things be spying on our restricted air space. maybe to laugh at our pathetic broken overpriced planes

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mistermojo posted:

why would unimaginable alien ships that can do all things be spying on our restricted air space. maybe to laugh at our pathetic broken overpriced planes

And seemingly only our training airspace??? Really wondering what, if anything, Russia or China is saying about all of this. Not enough to Google it, though

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
in the summer of 1999 i saw a ball of lightning come into my home.

i was laying on my bed which was also formerly a porch, now enclosed. My bed faced long ways, to my left and right were doors into the house and onto the new porch, beyond that a chair facing a television on a wooden center and beyond that half a pingpong table and a desk chair used for our house computer, i could see out the far window

as i laid off trying to drift off on an extremely hot summer night, i was startled up standing on my bed suddenly as every hair on my body stood up and my heart began to race and in front of me, from the back side of the wooden entertainment center a bright blue and white light emitted from the back of the television and like a ghost a pulsing glowing blue orb began to form in front of it, it slowly traveled from one side of the room, vanishing into the wall. i rushed towards my door to open it into the kitchen and dining room but there was nothing there. i realized then the power was out in the entire house and the microwave beeping to life when suddenly powered again made me flee back to my bed.

i still lay awake at night wondering what that was, but i believe it was either a real ball lightning or swamp gas. i did live in a swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bideo James posted:

in the summer of 1999 i saw a ball of lightning come into my home.

i was laying on my bed which was also formerly a porch, now enclosed. My bed faced long ways, to my left and right were doors into the house and onto the new porch, beyond that a chair facing a television on a wooden center and beyond that half a pingpong table and a desk chair used for our house computer, i could see out the far window

as i laid off trying to drift off on an extremely hot summer night, i was startled up standing on my bed suddenly as every hair on my body stood up and my heart began to race and in front of me, from the back side of the wooden entertainment center a bright blue and white light emitted from the back of the television and like a ghost a pulsing glowing blue orb began to form in front of it, it slowly traveled from one side of the room, vanishing into the wall. i rushed towards my door to open it into the kitchen and dining room but there was nothing there. i realized then the power was out in the entire house and the microwave beeping to life when suddenly powered again made me flee back to my bed.

i still lay awake at night wondering what that was, but i believe it was either a real ball lightning or swamp gas. i did live in a swamp.

You fool, you missed out on nabbing a premium artifact

You'll never make it through the zone with those instincts