Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Hell will never be in want of sisyphean sea food joints or penis snippers as we torment each other forever (the restraunt only serves raw crab with Surströmming sauce)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/status/1394377930990661632

Scroll through the comments to see all the Republicans and bitcoiners that think people deserve to lose their unemployment if they don't take that tempting offer.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

rich gently caress computer touchers of c-spam: interview for the positions and give me the appetizers as reparations for culturally appropriating trans culture (being on the computer)

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Shame Boy posted:

carcinisation

https://twitter.com/pje_txt/status/1385269776939986947

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/status/1394377930990661632

Scroll through the comments to see all the Republicans and bitcoiners that think people deserve to lose their unemployment if they don't take that tempting offer.

Go down the street to Outback and get me a bloomin onion and we’ll talk

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Consider too that this reveals that their profit margin on those apps is high enough that they could give those raises.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Can't wait to guzzle down a Classic Combo, excuse myself to the bathroom and bolt out the fire exit never to be seen again

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Low Desert Punk posted:

Can't wait to guzzle down a Classic Combo, excuse myself to the bathroom and bolt out the fire exit never to be seen again

showing up next week to another interview with a fake mustache to score free chicken fingers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I enjoyed the crab facts posted earlier

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxneuaYf1GE

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Maybe the people who would normally buy two or three regular yachts now have to buy just one superyacht to save money. Context matters.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1394325944542941189

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

what if enron's rolling californian brownouts, but with water 💦💸🤑

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
We all knew water futures was only a matter of time.

Next up, air futures

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Begun the water wars

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Welp time to start hoarding piss

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tokin opposition posted:

Welp time to start hoarding piss

way ahead of you, buddy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

way ahead of you, buddy

Same, my balls are massive now. One of them has a moon.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grace Baiting posted:

what if enron's rolling californian brownouts, but with water 💦💸🤑

Texas' energy price surges, but with water, debtor's prison and legal prison slave labour. Gotta think big my dude.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sure is a might coincidence that they’re going to start financializing water now that climate change related droughts are more commonplace

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I remember watching a piece on some SA country where collecting rain water was illegal. it showed cops overturning buckets on rooftops.

i remember thinking it was ridiculous at the time but now I know that it was a sign that it was coming to the US and probably Canada after 10 years once it’s been normalized

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i remember hearing that they took all the trees, and put them in a tree museum.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Professor Shark posted:

I remember watching a piece on some SA country where collecting rain water was illegal. it showed cops overturning buckets on rooftops.

i remember thinking it was ridiculous at the time but now I know that it was a sign that it was coming to the US and probably Canada after 10 years once it’s been normalized

Bolivia. Law was made in service to the Bechtel corporation, aka the largest construction company in the US. Instituted by the general running the country at the time. And yes, this law literally made it illegal for people to collect rainwater to use for drinking, irrigation, cooking or any other use. There was some justice:

quote:

Between January 1999 and April 2000, large-scale protests erupted in Cochabamba, Bolivia's third largest city, in response to the privatisation of water resources by foreign companies and a subsequent doubling of water prices. On 6 August 2001, Banzer resigned from office after being diagnosed with cancer. He died less than a year later. Vice President Jorge Fernando Quiroga Ramírez completed the final year of his term.

Then they had the MNR come to power, which are very well described by a small part of their wikipedia page:

quote:

Ideology

Current:
Liberal conservatism
Federalism

Historical:
Reformism
Social democracy
Statism

They then tried to give private corporations (BG Group, since acquired by Shell, BP and Repsol) the right to exploit the countries natural gas reserves (which are vast, second only to Venezuela on the continent) and build a pipeline through to a Chilean port to export. The Bolivian state would only reap like 18% of the profits or whatever. Dumb privatization poo poo basically. The Bolivian people did not take that poo poo lying down, and the president was forced to resign, after which our absolute boy Evo Morales won the next elections and rightfully governed the country until the US couped him in 2019, over natural resources. The Bolivian people again did not take that poo poo lying down, and as of this writing remain free and democratic.

Oh and also:

quote:

Election Party candidate Votes % Result
1956 Hernán Siles Zuazo 787,792 84.4% Elected
1960 Víctor Paz Estenssoro 735,619 76.1% Elected
1964 1,114,717 97.9% Elected
1966 Víctor Andrade 88,099 8.7% Lost
1978 Víctor Paz Estenssoro 213,622 11.0% Lost
1979 527,184 35.9% Lost
1980 263,706 20.2% Lost
1985 456,704 30.4% Elected
1989 Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada 363,113 25.6% Lost
1993 585,837 35.6% Elected
1997 Juan Carlos Durán 396,235 18.2% Lost
2002 Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada 624,126 22.5% Elected
2005 Michiaki Nagatani Morishita 185,859 6.5% Lost
2009 Endorsing Manfred Reyes Villa 1,212,795 26.5% Lost
2014 Endorsing Samuel Doria Medina 1,253,288 24.2% Lost
2019 Virginio Lema 42,334 0.7% Lost

MNR got 0,7% of the vote last elections, el oh loving el.

Meanwhile in the US Americans are spreading open their asses yet wider and asking for even more privatization and deprivation, very much taking all this bullshit lying down, or in any other position their billionaire class orders them in.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 10:38 on May 20, 2021

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

It was straight up illegal in Colorado until 2016 and after that is still regulated with a maximum of 250 gallons storage and Utah limits an unlicensed rainwater collector to no more than two storage units each with a 100 gallon limit. If you register with their water board you can store up to 2500 gallons.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Without knowing much about it, it sounds like a law that was put in to limit private companies from loving up the water table but also hits individuals who do not have much of an affect, and then industry grinds away at it to get exemptions?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

We all knew water futures was only a matter of time.

Next up, air futures

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

Bolivia. Law was made in service to the Bechtel corporation, aka the largest construction company in the US. Instituted by the general running the country at the time. And yes, this law literally made it illegal for people to collect rainwater to use for drinking, irrigation, cooking or any other use. There was some justice:

Then they had the MNR come to power, which are very well described by a small part of their wikipedia page:

They then tried to give private corporations (BG Group, since acquired by Shell, BP and Repsol) the right to exploit the countries natural gas reserves (which are vast, second only to Venezuela on the continent) and build a pipeline through to a Chilean port to export. The Bolivian state would only reap like 18% of the profits or whatever. Dumb privatization poo poo basically. The Bolivian people did not take that poo poo lying down, and the president was forced to resign, after which our absolute boy Evo Morales won the next elections and rightfully governed the country until the US couped him in 2019, over natural resources. The Bolivian people again did not take that poo poo lying down, and as of this writing remain free and democratic.

Oh and also:

MNR got 0,7% of the vote last elections, el oh loving el.

I did a school report on Bolivia in like 4th grade and I've always had a soft spot since learning all about it and want to visit it some day, but god if we haven't done our best to gently caress them over and ruin them and I'd just feel awful the whole time I was there.

Did you know Bolivia has basically every climate except arctic tundra, from the highest navigable lake in the world to rainforests to deserts, and you can pass through all of them in like a single 3 hour drive? That always blew my mind.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Professor Shark posted:

Without knowing much about it, it sounds like a law that was put in to limit private companies from loving up the water table but also hits individuals who do not have much of an affect, and then industry grinds away at it to get exemptions?

kind of, its to prevent anyone from loving up the watershed
rain water doesn't land on your property and then never leave, there is quite the strong possibility farmers, cities, etc downstream of you that depend on that rain water making its way to them
in the us when you hear someone getting arrested/fined for illegally storing rain water it is usually because they built an illegal retention pond or illegally damned up a creek on their property and the farm next door suddenly has no water for their crops

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Chuds are freaking out about inflation because the price of fuel and raw materials has shot up. What did they think was gonna happen in response to "open er up!"?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Chuds are freaking out about inflation because the price of fuel and raw materials has shot up. What did they think was gonna happen in response to "open er up!"?

freedom

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wow looks like No One Wants To Work Anymore doing customer service for ten bucks an hour

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I reverse-GIS'd it because that seems like it might be the kind of thing a chud would put up to stir up facebook poo poo because the COMMUNISTS ARE TAKING OVER!!! but if this dude's to be believed it's genuine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/...web2x&context=3

quote:

it is mine. I walked out of my job after osha showed up from a complaint I filed. it was because we had sewage in the basement

So a different kind of poo poo was stirred :v:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.tiktok.com/@theresapizzaaa/video/6962617248515132678

curious where this woman's money comes from? the answer, she has a creepy relationship with her father who owns a couple long island pizzerias

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mameluke posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/@theresapizzaaa/video/6962617248515132678

curious where this woman's money comes from? the answer, she has a creepy relationship with her father who owns a couple long island pizzerias

Not one, but two secret doors to get in? Looks like a good place to die in a house fire.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
speaking of a house fire, that's also why the speakeasy is in a new build (the creepy father burnt it down immediately after purchase)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I get pessimistic about any kind of revolution against capitalism ever taking place when I watch the US and how in that capitalist hellscape there still is no change of any resistance whatsoever to speak of. The US system is my literal nightmare scenario but I'll guess that's going to happen here too in glorious europe in the coming years.

e:and gently caress you for that