Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Max has actually been writing clean, thought provoking raps but he is being told by the EVPs (who are fighting) to “throw some gay bashing in there” and “some crypto misogyny wouldn’t hurt either”. I wish we could hear the backpack rapper Max instead of this one

drat you ever hear that max caster song dance with the devil? really makes you think...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think the annoying thing for me is how people react like Max just hammered a button inside their brain to start an emergency sequence because of the structure/wording of one of the lines rather than just trying to take in the whole character/performance/tone/target

i can even see the valentine's line like it's more kinda homophobic adjacent while also being about toxic masculinity and it's emotional shortcomings as well, because Mox/Kingston embody those characters who would be all weird expressing emotion towards each other, like love. look at all the bizarre poo poo they've worked out on camera already during their feuds, lmao

i don't know, if Max identified explicitly as queer it may sew the the whole thing together in a way people can square, but as someone who's working through sexuality/gender issues and wary of taking on labels because of their obligations and entanglements, i can kinda see where he's at there too. life be messy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wouldn’t mind seeing him shift to doing a Hamilton act, but for wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that portrait in the NWA Women's belt looks so much like it's a memorial belt

bad idea

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it's just heel stuff. heels make gay jokes, heels eat at restaurants without masks during a pandemic, heels try to whitewash america's continuing struggles of racial injustice

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Is Caster's rap the thing people are going to be weird about this week? I just want to make sure i'm up on "AEW weird posting" for this week's discussion thread.

I hope Caster's openly gay tag partner and friend is okay with the "Valentines" line. I hope he isn't hurt.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love the tone they set for Pinnacle with that promo, that kinda there will be blood/american psycho "the wealthy are loving insane and brutish monsters beneath a civil veneer" tone, i hope they explore the poo poo out of it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

enigmahfc posted:

Is Caster's rap the thing people are going to be weird about this week? I just want to make sure i'm up on "AEW weird posting" for this week's discussion thread.

I hope Caster's openly gay tag partner and friend is okay with the "Valentines" line. I hope he isn't hurt.

No that's every week. remember, he's basically Donald Trump for calling someone a cuck

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Max just thinks valentine's is a hallmark holiday and if you really love each other be willing to eat rear end on valentine's day.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

max appreciates elementary school valentines day where you bring 1 valentine for everyone in the class or in wrestling everyone in the heel or face locker room he's saying mox and eddie are generous and make sure everyone feels included even if they don't have a special someone

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Awesome episode of Dynamite, I never thought I'd say "drat the Varsity Blonds had a great promo and match" but here were are.

I also had no issue with Max's rap, because the whole point was neither Eddie nor Mox gave a poo poo about the Valentine's gift thing. My wife even said "Oh, that'd be sweet if they really did that."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Varsity Blonds had a star making night, especially Griff, and i appreciate how far along BPJ has come

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
max, who isn't straight from other videos he's done (even past the 'a matter of pride' promo where he outright says he's into both men and women), probably thinks poo poo like the valentines line is cheap heat that nobody would genuinely get upset by

but here we are

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I mentioned it in the GDT but I'm figuring Paul is going to be an entrant in the battle royale at the PPV. Having him there on commentary for the match makes me think they're going to do the surprise "commentator gets called into the match" thing. Unless we already know who all is going to be in it and he's not one of them..

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guillermus posted:

No one is saying he is a bad human being

Someone literally called him Donald Trump

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

I mentioned it in the GDT but I'm figuring Paul is going to be an entrant in the battle royale at the PPV. Having him there on commentary for the match makes me think they're going to do the surprise "commentator gets called into the match" thing. Unless we already know who all is going to be in it and he's not one of them..

They showed the lineup last night so unless he's the Joker he's out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Serena Deeb loving rules. I enjoyed the tinges of heel in her match. Really made her come off as a killer and it hammered home the idea that she's like a modern-day Bret Hart (I've been watching a lot of 1997 WWF lately).

I also enjoyed Kris Stat's silver space shorts.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Things I liked (That was not the BASTARD Caster's rap)

- This version of Wild Thing is so much better
- The Pinnacle promo was great. I like that Spears is leaning into the boiling heat of not amounting to anything yet and it's making him insane.
- That women's match was TIGHT and like that Deeb is going for more of an aggressive heel style now.
- I cannot wait for Archer vs Miro, and them both knowing they are just killer monsters.
- OC sllllooooowwwwlllyyy tearing the contract and Don's face the whole time he does it.
- "The human urinal, Don Callis."
- Julie with the Varsity Blondes is the thing that makes this team finally completely click.

and also pretty much everything else. I'm a weirdo who likes good wrestler promos, and making the show a good mix of fightin' and talkin' works very well with me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Andrade would be a fun Joker, just to build the Triplemania match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

- The Pinnacle promo was great. I like that Spears is leaning into the boiling heat of not amounting to anything yet and it's making him insane.

he should be thanking sammy for zipping that whole aspect of his character together front and center as he tries to shoot his shot YET AGAIN, way more organic/legitimate energy than someone like scorpio sky saying ITS MY TURN

edit: and i think Sammy G / Spears could have a really good long term feud over it, they had good ring chemistry

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
oh yeah, and Wardlow downing a whole bottle of wine in one go was pretty funny.

and seeing Dean Malenko and Jericho on screen together was nice.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i poo poo talk the promos every week but the pinnacle promo was really everything i want from them. short, pre-taped, to the point. no in-ring improvised ramblings.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

cams posted:

i poo poo talk the promos every week but the pinnacle promo was really everything i want from them. short, pre-taped, to the point. no in-ring improvised ramblings.

They actually came across as kind of unhinged maniacs, especially Spears, which was desperately needed. Tully throwing the wad of cash to the waiter as they continued the promo afterwards was just so good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The underlying story beat of the Pinnacle as representation of MJF's psyche is great. Like, he was obsessed with joining the Inner Circle because that's a tight knit group of friends he thought he could take over. Only that didn't work so he created his own Inner Circle.

Except... they don't seem to like each other very much. And they're all angry. And sooner or later the group is going to fracture, because MJF can't make anything that has a heart.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

explosivo posted:

Tully throwing the wad of cash to the waiter as they continued the promo afterwards was just so good.

Which make Tully the first Boomer I have ever seen tip well.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Someone literally called him Donald Trump

Missed that one and that's a harsh thing to call someone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

omg the belt looks so so good on Miro

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

The underlying story beat of the Pinnacle as representation of MJF's psyche is great. Like, he was obsessed with joining the Inner Circle because that's a tight knit group of friends he thought he could take over. Only that didn't work so he created his own Inner Circle.

Except... they don't seem to like each other very much. And they're all angry. And sooner or later the group is going to fracture, because MJF can't make anything that has a heart.

considering max's trajectory and destiny, if they really go balls out with the pinnacle storyline it could be something really special that sets the tone for his career, like if he makes the whole venture an unending hell for the members with his demands and scary psycho bullshit, and eventually he'll sacrifice one/all of them for gold and be alone again

MJF should be the Kallor of AEW, everything he builds turns to ashes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The big problem with Miro facing Archer is that it's not possible for both of them to be champ at the same time and I want both of them to be champ.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally, I'm going to go buy some unethically sourced conflict pearls so I can clutch them about whether the promos are good or bad for western culture

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

The big problem with Miro facing Archer is that it's not possible for both of them to be champ at the same time and I want both of them to be champ.

TNT tag champs :hmmyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

miro holding up the belt "here's your Darby"

king poo poo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

considering max's trajectory and destiny, if they really go balls out with the pinnacle storyline it could be something really special that sets the tone for his career, like if he makes the whole venture an unending hell for the members with his demands and scary psycho bullshit, and eventually he'll sacrifice one/all of them for gold and be alone again

MJF should be the Kallor of AEW, everything he builds turns to ashes

And sooner or later he'll be faced with everything that's happened to him and have to contemplate his own self-sabotage.

What have I become? he'll ask. Now that I've betrayed everyone I've ever loved. I've pushed them all away.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

miro holding up the belt "here's your Darby"

king poo poo

Miro was firing on all cylinders during that segment.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

Miro was firing on all cylinders during that segment.

i'm hyped out of my mind for the DON match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lance Archer is the champion of EVERYBODY DIES

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I mean really if archer and miro announced that they had decided to freebird the tna title who could stop them? You?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean really if archer and miro announced that they had decided to freebird the tna title who could stop them? You?

Well, I guess it would be Kenny Omega as of right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
If Archer wins the belt off Miro, I can only imagine how unhinged Miro would be. And that would be great.