Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Flannelette posted:

I'm not sure what it is but looking at the graphics in SC are really starting to feel dated now. I think it's the simple lighting and shadows and the way everything is clean and empty.

It looks pretty bad, especially those animations they wasted millions mocapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Real world manufacturers are getting inspiration from CIG's cockpit design

https://twitter.com/MercedesBenzUSA/status/1395107576673619970

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Bubbacub posted:

More screens for the driver to stare at is definitely what cars needed.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Now you can have overwhelming glare from INSIDE your car!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

drat that looks poo poo

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Bubbacub posted:

is this GAMING car?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I just as upset with how he’s holding the steering wheel.

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I just as upset with how he’s holding the steering wheel.

That's how :iiasb: drives a car.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
All that RGB lets them add $5k to the sticker price.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Thom12255 posted:

If they go the BMW route then you also need a license for all the gizmos, and selling the vehicle on requires the new owner to also purchase licenses for the gizmos or they will not work.

Truly the Crobbear of car sales

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

NumptyScrub posted:

If they go the BMW route then you also need a license for all the gizmos, and selling the vehicle on requires the new owner to also purchase licenses for the gizmos or they will not work.

Truly the Crobbear of car sales

I feel like I need to know more. Do you buy license for car software that is tied to you as a person and not the car? What is this, tesla?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

commando in tophat posted:

I feel like I need to know more. Do you buy license for car software that is tied to you as a person and not the car? What is this, tesla?

It's still in "planning" stage but yeah, subscribe to "heated seats" and it's tied to you, not the vehicle :ughh:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

5k? how optimistic

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

NumptyScrub posted:

It's still in "planning" stage but yeah, subscribe to "heated seats" and it's tied to you, not the vehicle :ughh:

:barf: extra :barf: for Mr.Smooth in comments defending tesla for doing it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tried to find out how much the S-Class starts at on Mercedes website, but they don't have prices yet. That car looks like it starts in the $100,000+ range though.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Tried to find out how much the S-Class starts at on Mercedes website, but they don't have prices yet. That car looks like it starts in the $100,000+ range though.

You could afford it if you stopped drinking frappacaramelccinos for a few months.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Reminds me of the new F-15.

Plane Designers finally said "gently caress it, just make the cockpit a single giant monitor".

Looks like a computer workstation you'd find in the office.

https://twitter.com/TheWolfpackIN/status/1357014949869068288

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnhealthySoggyBarracuda-mobile.mp4

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The new single-seat fighter is $220

The subreddit is absolutely ablaze with people angry about the axing of every feature in the last patch. Good time to announce a new sale!

Never change, CIG

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm buying in. gently caress the haters.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
"it's the best two-seater in the game." quote from their own brochure... the marketing on this one!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Last King posted:

"it's the best two-seater in the game." quote from their own brochure... the marketing on this one!

marketing team really punching above their weight

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wonder how crypto being down so much is gonna effect ship sales, since all the sc_trades guys are heavy, heavy into crypto

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

Holy poo poo this year's INVICTUS WEEK will include a free leather jacket for attendees!

Think about the value!

Is this one of the reject leather jackets from Johnny 10 Jackets?

Also I will never stop enjoying this game from the perspective of watching somebody who never left the 80's and early 90's with a WW2 fetish. Good job CR, keep these great and creative ideas pumping. The money is on the table still.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

If posting Stimpire.txt is wrong then I don't want to be right...

https://i.imgur.com/E6uHokw.mp4

I know that lady from somewhere...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

The new single-seat fighter is $220

The subreddit is absolutely ablaze with people angry about the axing of every feature in the last patch. Good time to announce a new sale!

Never change, CIG

CIG knows the best way to appease everybody is to let them buy more things.

If it gets real bad they'll just wheel out whoever has the password to Chris' account and make a long rambling post that explains nothing. That pleases everybody for at least 6 months.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Last King posted:

Oh yay.

So what's the 2-seat gameplay that makes it best in the game? What's the second seat person do?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Oh yay.

So what's the 2-seat gameplay that makes it best in the game? What's the second seat person do?

Fixing the stabilizers, d'uh

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Oh yay.

Total marketing bullshit.....

How is any 2-seat gameplay going to be better than the Vanduul ship where the co-pilot goes rear end to mouth?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

Oh yay.

They run the turret. Effectively, that means the ship has 4 guns that will never be useful, just like every other fighter with a turret. This turret can flip to cover the bottom of the ship, which I guess would be useful if ships couldn't spin like tops on any axis.

Citizens have still not caught on to this basic fact of turret uselessness after like 4 different fighters-with-a-turret have come out, and each one has quickly been abandoned by the community.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hopefully this two seater actually does in fact come with two seats.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Unless this new ship positions the two seats in a 6 9 formation maybe? That way the co-pilot could be handling the main weapons system while the pilot could be working on redeverting power from the co-pilots weapon system.

It just could work!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Kosumo posted:

How is any 2-seat gameplay going to be better than the Vanduul ship where the co-pilot goes rear end to mouth?

Really? That's a pretty cool gimmick.

:yarg:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Last King posted:

Christ, the one thing they had going for them was great marketing, or at least that's why I bought in 7 years ago. Even that part is getting lazy.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

wait wha?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

What it actually is, as far as I can tell, is another price-point for a single seat fighter that CIG had not quite covered.

$60- Avenger Stalker
$70 Origin 325a
$75- Arrow
$90- Gladius
$100- Anvil Hawk
$110- Anvil Hornet
$115 - Esperia Talon/Shrike
$170- Sabre
$180- Super Hornet
$195- Anvil Hurricane
$220- RSI Scorpio, Ares Inferno/Ion
$235- Vanguard Hoplite
$275- Vanguard Sentinel
$290- Vanguard Harbinger

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

When you actually line up all the ships by price it's really loving obvious that they want there to always be a $10-$15 upgrade from your current shitbox when it turns out not to be very good

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, there's an obvious untapped sweet spot @ $150 that they must be saving for later.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kosumo posted:

could be Darling in the Franxx style
actually Citizens might like that a bit too much. nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

What it actually is, as far as I can tell, is another price-point for a single seat fighter that CIG had not quite covered.

$60- Avenger Stalker
$70 Origin 325a
$75- Arrow
$90- Gladius
$100- Anvil Hawk
$110- Anvil Hornet
$115 - Esperia Talon/Shrike
$170- Sabre
$180- Super Hornet
$195- Anvil Hurricane
$220- RSI Scorpio, Ares Inferno/Ion
$235- Vanguard Hoplite
$275- Vanguard Sentinel
$290- Vanguard Harbinger

It's become so normalized by Citizens and those of us who follow Star Citizen but just looking at those ships prices is insane. Those are real dollar prices for a single small ship in a broken alpha space game.

You could buy like 5 full priced AAA games or like 12 really good indie/lower budget games for the price of one lovely space JPEG.