Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

etalian posted:

It's pretty hilarious how the modern day Zionist blatantly crib so many ideological concepts from the Third Reich, our right to lebensraum and "race theory thinking".

Arabs are dumb, lazy and should be glad to be ruled by superior Israelis.

I mean yeah, but that's even too kind. Newsweek's editor read "Palestinians are vermin and need to be eradicated before they destroy Israeli society" and smashed the PUBLISH THIS button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

oxsnard posted:

I mean yeah, but that's even too kind. Newsweek's editor read "Palestinians are vermin and need to be eradicated before they destroy Israeli society" and smashed the PUBLISH THIS button

Yeah pretty much a call to ethnic cleansing to purify Israel and propose a "final solution"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

gradenko_2000 posted:

just give them New Jersey

fine by me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stringent posted:

the thing that really pisses me off about all this is how unnecessary it all was. establishing a jewish ethnostate in palestine was doomed from the beginning. it would have been so simple to carve off a luxembourg sized chunk of germany right after the war to use as a jewish homeland. and the germans would have been sensible enough of its necessity to make it flourish. this whole mess is pretty much down the the allies being too anti-semitic to establish a jewish ethnostate in europe.

There's no guarantee that a Jewish ethnostate in Europe would have turned out any less fascistic. Ethnostates & nation states are just bad and nobody should have one.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's no guarantee that a Jewish ethnostate in Europe would have turned out any less fascistic. Ethnostates & nation states are just bad and nobody should have one.

there is actually, because they wouldn't have had to worry about the people they were displacing to the same degree.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stringent posted:

there is actually, because they wouldn't have had to worry about the people they were displacing to the same degree.

no, they would just be worrying about Muslims and Roma the same way Hungary does.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Israel is actually a ironi-cat ethnostate.

Using things like holocaust to justify Zionist colonialism while at the same saying Israeli Jews have to a lot to learn from Nazi ideology (lebensraum, race theory, need for ethnic purification)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
israel is the world's biggest racist NIMBY project

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

YIYBY (Yes In Your Backyard)

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

oxsnard posted:

For the record, even back in 09 when I was a feckless liberal, I told my wife (we weren't married at the time) that I didn't want her to go to Birthright because it seemed like a really weird thing for the Israeli government to do and a ripe ground for propaganda

Going on Birthright as anti-Zionists (2013, my then-fiancee and I) was pretty miserable. Maybe we convinced a couple people but mostly we were ridiculed. Especially this stupid little game where they read a statement and then you stand in different camps Strongly Disagree/Disagree/Agree/Strongly Agree. Ridiculous statements like "I feel safe as a Jew anywhere in the world because of the IDF". In the follow-up debates we sometimes got people to move to Strongly Disagree but not many. The worst was "As a Jew it's my duty to marry a Jew" and when we planted ourselves firmly in Strongly Disagree everyone is like ":byodood: Hurr you don't want to marry jews why are you getting married?"

Anyways we used the free trip as an opportunity to spend time in the West Bank which made it worth it in the end. Never going back to Israel though, even as a pure tourist experience it's completely miserable. All the people suck.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The other nazi like thing is all the stories of what happened to jews who dared to date/marry arabs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i just imagine the birthright trips as like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDWMb6uins

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

etalian posted:

The other nazi like thing is all the stories of what happened to jews who dared to date/marry arabs.

I'm not familiar, and have a bad feeling in my stomach.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
There's a mockumentary called "CSA" that is in a reality where the South wins the Civil War. It has poo poo like siding with the Nazis, annexing Mexico for slave labor, and a Cold War with Canada.

In it, they relocate all the Jews to Manhattan and basically build a wall around it.

would've worked out so much better than giving the Zionists Palestine lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also please take this rest stop to text your parents in new jersey and tell them to please send monies

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

In it, they relocate all the Jews to Manhattan and basically build a wall around it.
the baruch of new york, he's a numba one

and he has captured the president

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Stringent posted:

the thing that really pisses me off about all this is how unnecessary it all was. establishing a jewish ethnostate in palestine was doomed from the beginning. it would have been so simple to carve off a luxembourg sized chunk of germany right after the war to use as a jewish homeland. and the germans would have been sensible enough of its necessity to make it flourish. this whole mess is pretty much down the the allies being too anti-semitic to establish a jewish ethnostate in europe.

There was actually a proposal kicked around in the early 20th century to establish a Jewish homeland state in the British Uganda colony, if you want an alternate history of "what if Israel was also South Africa"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Scheme

Particularly laughable since Buganda was one of the most organized precolonial civilizations in Africa. I'm sure that would have gone great!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Also can't talk about alternative Jewish homelands without mentioning the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, out in far eastern Russia tucked on the Amur River.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Hard to believe that one didn't catch on!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

oxsnard posted:

has the rhetoric always been this transparently... fascist? I feel like in the past it was always given the liberal spit shine but it might just be how my perception and understanding of the world has evolved

they were just following CDC guidance and went masks off

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Also can't talk about alternative Jewish homelands without mentioning the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, out in far eastern Russia tucked on the Amur River.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Hard to believe that one didn't catch on!

Autonomous Oblasts aren't really meant to be "homelands," they're meant to be autonomous regions where minorities can govern themselves within the federated body of Russia. There's also an oblast for Buddhists, which is the closest thing to a Buddhist state in Europe.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I went to Haifa in 2016 for a company event and my first interaction was at 5AM in an empty 24h coffee shop with the employees - I told them I'd taken a taxi from the train, and they immediately said "I hope you didn't get an arab taxi driver". These were like 20 year olds. I immediately understood that this is just normal day to day comments for them, and there's no way the situation wouldn't evolve to something much worse than it was, especially considering Bibi

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

One of the insidious things about the birthright propaganda tour that I wasn't expecting was how they use sleep deprivation. All the activities are mandatory and you are on the bus at 7am (or 4am on the day you hike Masada) and at the hotel at 11pm, and of course that's when the partying starts. They corral a dazed, sleep-deprived busload of people (including the IDF soldiers that join each birthright trip mainly to facilitate the partying it seems) to whatever nationalist tourist site where you see a rousing video of the declaration of independence or whatever. Then we get back to the bus and I'm like "gently caress that was boring but at least I got a nap, am I right?" and I look around and half the group is all teary-eyed or even bawling with the emotion of it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Death By The Blues posted:

This reminds me of the time in 2004 where my Iranian Canadian family were taking an Israeli Airline for a family vacation (Toronto to Hawaii) and they separated each one of us to interrogate in a backroom within the airport. I was 14 at the time and my sister was 9, and they just straight up asked us if we were affiliated with any terrorist organizations lol.

"no, we don't work for the israeli or US government"

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

SurgicalOntologist posted:

One of the insidious things about the birthright propaganda tour that I wasn't expecting was how they use sleep deprivation. All the activities are mandatory and you are on the bus at 7am (or 4am on the day you hike Masada) and at the hotel at 11pm, and of course that's when the partying starts. They corral a dazed, sleep-deprived busload of people (including the IDF soldiers that join each birthright trip mainly to facilitate the partying it seems) to whatever nationalist tourist site where you see a rousing video of the declaration of independence or whatever. Then we get back to the bus and I'm like "gently caress that was boring but at least I got a nap, am I right?" and I look around and half the group is all teary-eyed or even bawling with the emotion of it.

did u get any of that sweet IDF hairy puss

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SurgicalOntologist posted:

That's a textbook brainwashing technique.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Autonomous Oblasts aren't really meant to be "homelands," they're meant to be autonomous regions where minorities can govern themselves within the federated body of Russia. There's also an oblast for Buddhists, which is the closest thing to a Buddhist state in Europe.

Of course in this case the oblast was designed to be the worst slice of russia with both horrible winters *and* summers and was isolated from the west totally. Also i think just about no jews live there at all anymore. They used to skydrop leaflets to get people to move there too lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My sister went to a college with a high population of Jewish students and she told me the ones who'd been to Israel would talk about Palestinians as "apes" or "monkeys". She was taken aback because they were generally liberal. Also I didn't know about the silly "wearing a wig made of actual hair because I can't show my hair" nonsense until she told me one of her friends did it.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

we jews really buggered it as a people on this whole homeland thing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Of course in this case the oblast was designed to be the worst slice of russia with both horrible winters *and* summers and was isolated from the west totally. Also i think just about no jews live there at all anymore. They used to skydrop leaflets to get people to move there too lol

Yeah, I think there's a bigger Jewish population in Udmurtia, and Udmurts have their own following among a subgroup of internet perverts who are obsessed with red heads.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Could we just have Williamsburg back?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FundanJacob/status/1395256633807228931

lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

You may have *spins wheel* Liberia

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

My sister went to a college with a high population of Jewish students and she told me the ones who'd been to Israel would talk about Palestinians as "apes" or "monkeys". She was taken aback because they were generally liberal. Also I didn't know about the silly "wearing a wig made of actual hair because I can't show my hair" nonsense until she told me one of her friends did it.

yeah the number of boomer liberal jews who will post on FB about ICE treatment of immigrants in the US as criminal and then turn around and regurgitate insanely racist IDF propaganda is bizarre. Like, almost every single one of my in-laws' friends is exactly this way

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ahahahahahah eat poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Oh you mean COLONIAL Williamsburg?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

oxsnard posted:

yeah the number of boomer liberal jews who will post on FB about ICE treatment of immigrants in the US as criminal and then turn around and regurgitate insanely racist IDF propaganda is bizarre. Like, almost every single one of my in-laws' friends is exactly this way

Israel is the ultimate exception because Jews aren't safe anywhere in the world, so they'll always need the bugout plan to move to a "safe" country that is in a constant state of war. All nationalists make exceptions for the homeland no matter how liberal or left leaning they are.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

ASAPRockySituation posted:

You may have *spins wheel* Liberia

Red herring!! Very tastey!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's everyone responsibility to dunk on liddle Ben Shapiro.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Stringent posted:

They would still require laws that police ethnic and possibly religious makeup of their citizenry in order for it to remain a Jewish Homeland or whatever. If you allow free migration (by say, joining the EU) then next thing you know you've turned into a secular democracy and lose control over the ethnic composition of your population.

Which is like, good, just to be clear. The people here in Europe who are very concerned about our ethnic makeup talk about The Great Replacement and also are all loving Nazis. Very odd, how the people who care deeply about ethnostates always turn out to be Nazis. And people who care deeply about Theocracies (say, those who want an Islamic State, or indeed a Jewish State) also turn out to be goddamn Nazis.

Maybe pursuing a Jewish Homeland, understandable as it was after the Holocaust and preceding centuries of oppression was an understandable but nonetheless fundamentally misguided and indeed doomed goal. The real goal is people just being allowed to be who they are (except if they are Nazis, obviously) everywhere on the planet regardless of which state they are in. The secret even realer goal is to abolish states altogether and allow people to be who they are (and also abolish Nazis).

Like for real, would the world really be better if every oppressed minority everywhere in the world formed their own ethnostate instead? Especially if they did this in an area whose population wasn't even 1/3rd their ethnicity? Seems like just an absolute dogshit idea if we are trying to reduce war, oppression and violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Orange Devil posted:

They would still require laws that police ethnic and possibly religious makeup of their citizenry in order for it to remain a Jewish Homeland or whatever. If you allow free migration (by say, joining the EU) then next thing you know you've turned into a secular democracy and lose control over the ethnic composition of your population.

Which is like, good, just to be clear. The people here in Europe who are very concerned about our ethnic makeup talk about The Great Replacement and also are all loving Nazis. Very odd, how the people who care deeply about ethnostates always turn out to be Nazis. And people who care deeply about Theocracies (say, those who want an Islamic State, or indeed a Jewish State) also turn out to be goddamn Nazis.

Maybe pursuing a Jewish Homeland, understandable as it was after the Holocaust and preceding centuries of oppression was an understandable but nonetheless fundamentally misguided and indeed doomed goal. The real goal is people just being allowed to be who they are (except if they are Nazis, obviously) everywhere on the planet regardless of which state they are in. The secret even realer goal is to abolish states altogether and allow people to be who they are (and also abolish Nazis).

Like for real, would the world really be better if every oppressed minority everywhere in the world formed their own ethnostate instead? Especially if they did this in an area whose population wasn't even 1/3rd their ethnicity? Seems like just an absolute dogshit idea if we are trying to reduce war, oppression and violence.

a jewish ethnostate carved out of germany would have been expletively punative, and there wouldn't have been a goddamn thing they could have done about it.