Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I am choosing to be optimistic

the game settling into main tank/off tank meta hasn't been good ultimately, because they end up just being a fat DPS. it's good to shake that up and this may improve the game for supports by simplifying their healing targets, causing less stress

do not yell at me for this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Silver isn't even that bad these days

This is probably because the only people left playing this game have 80 smurf accounts.

Also

lmao they got stylosa on to pretend this is good

You mean harry potter right?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Glad it's stylosa and not xqc tbh

https://twitter.com/Overbuff/status/1395459659683831815?s=19

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
They keep talking about how its faster while showing incredibly slow gameplay and its jarring as hell.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Lol they spent four years trying to convince millions of weebs to quit insta-locking DPS and play a team shooter, and finally they just gave up

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's nice to see the chat absolutely roasting them for it at least.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
rip to the competitive tank players but it wouldn't be an activision-blizzard game if you didnt lose your job at a moments notice

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Mei doesn't freeze anymore

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ryaomon posted:

rip to the competitive tank players but it wouldn't be an activision-blizzard game if you didnt lose your job at a moments notice

:drat:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Just give me more Mystery Heroes. No meta no masters.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Delsaber posted:

:yeah:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Ryaomon posted:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1395469715330449408

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

RIP Mei. Can't believe she's dead.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

Delsaber posted:

Mystery heroes is the best. I wish they’d make two changes, though: no duplicates, and at least one of each role.

That would eliminate 99% of the stupid matches, like when the other team ends up with a bunker with two shield tanks and three Bastions with a main healer. Heck, it might even make sense to have a mystery heroes SR.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mystery Heroes is fixed by rewarding boxes whether you win or lose

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mei doesn't freeze anymore

The real reason Jeff packed up his poo poo and left.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Hanzo and widow players are going to love having one less meat shield. Also, they are going to have to rework every tank and as soon as a tank becomes meta, everyone is going to expect you to play that tank.

I just don’t see an upside to this besides damage queues being faster. I wonder if they are going to even have all the tanks ready for launch?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol they took away mei's ability to freeze genji

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

What if we kept Mei, kept her dps, but removed the part that let her actually kill anyone

:thunk:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I just stopped watching, this game is dumb lol

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Well I like tanking and I like playing Mei.

Guess I’m done with OW.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I need to know what they did to Junkrat if anything before I can make any decisions

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Man this is dumb

See every last one of you on launch day!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can see why Jeff left now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

literally all of you are going to play OW2 if you still have this thread bookmarked

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Can't wait for them to introduce 6v6 a month after launch and pretend like it's a new idea.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
you know if they're gonna introduce 5v5 in this stream they should really also be like "and by the way here are two new characters and their abilities"

balance the controversial news with the good news!!!

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I think OW2 really needed a big change because I think OW1 is in a rough place right now, but I don’t think that this change is a good idea. I think role queue and lock were bad ideas and now they are doubling down on it.

If they make tanks really strong then it will be a poo poo show with good tanks demolishing everyone like when they tried those experimental changes. If they make tanks too weak then why have role lock in the first place.

It feels like they have no actual vision for what they actually want Overwatch to be and are just trying stuff to find something that works.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
At this point I only really plan on playing OW2 for the PvE content

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

literally all of you are going to play OW2 if you still have this thread bookmarked

Well I mean probably but only because

drrockso20 posted:

At this point I only really plan on playing OW2 for the PvE content

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
The changes are interesting. I'm pretty excited for the whole thing to be honest. Going to 5v5 is a pretty big toss up to the meta and I can't really say if it's a bad idea or not yet. But I've enjoyed all of Overwatch's big changes so I think the team knows what they're doing at least somewhat. If it really sucks then I'd only assume they'd go back to 6v6. It's not like they're intentionally sabotaging their game.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Snipers are going to dominate even more than they already do but I think that's their design goal here, so RIP anyone who doesn't love clicking heads.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm sitting on a ridiculous hot pink D.Va chair as I type this so I can't really pretend I'm not gonna play this dumb game when it comes out.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Snipers are going to dominate even more than they already do but I think that's their design goal here, so RIP anyone who doesn't love clicking heads.

*OW Team Meeting*

All right guys hear me out.

What if we made the strongest classes even stronger.

*Rest of the team*
:hmmyes:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm in for PvE! And I never played ranked and rarely played the usual gamemodes, so I don't care too much about balance and am more likely to team DM, so sure. But on the other hand, lol @ turning Mei into Also Symmetra.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I clicked on this thread because ow2 looks bad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
They should've kept 3-2-1.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Give me 4 DPS 1 tank 1 healer.

Also its TF2 6s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i thought people generally hated 3-2-1 when they tried it in experimental so at least this is better than that but lol

this will probably be a pretty negative change at first but will eventually become an improvement only after years of balance changes because blizzard really sucks at that