Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dammit, I meant Warren Beatty.

And seriously I thought Halle Barry was a teenager in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Lmfao, I was reading this thread like “I mean if they’re both full-grown adults whatever but Warren Buffet old as gently caress”

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

And seriously I thought Halle Barry was a teenager in that.

I absolutely do not blame you.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

DrVenkman posted:

It seems weird to prescribe the influence to a TV show and not their day to day lives, the other shows they watch, the books they read, the people they surround themselves with. Like whichever Republican it was that would argue in favour of torture because of 24. 24 didn't make him think that way, he just liked 24 because it showed him something that he already thought and he was able to point at a very popular TV show and say see, it can be done for good.

Not to mention that whatever ideological wisdom the show imparted on people would have been obliterated after no time at all in politics.

It's all of that but West Wing is certainly big in their canon. Any it definitely effects the everyday liberal. A few years ago I was working on a local State Senate campaign and you'd absolutely see these ingrained lessons in them about integrity and intelligence that come straight from Sorkin, and of course they all love the show, and it hobbles them in the face of an enemy that's just going to throw dirt in your eyes. Lo and behold, we later learned our candidate was being followed -- literally film noir, guy in a car style -- and all sorts of dirty tricks. I don't think Dems need to or should resort to that low of a level, but I do think they need to confront that most people don't care for the schmaltzy grandstanding or debate club points model of politics. In short, follow the AOC model.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Soderbergh has a new movie coming out this summer and the cast is BONKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3JxUdbJ0do

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Klowner posted:

post it in the imp zone

Update: Imp Zone is losing their mind and wants to kill me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

You kinda brought it on yourself by being a dick after the first reply contained legit constructive criticism but all the posts after that are….I mean they’re hilarious but also lovely

For anyone else https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968160

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wasn't trying to be a dick, it was a legitimate reaction to the only reply to a post I made at someone else's suggestion being a bunch of negative comments about a jam game. Yeah dude, we know all that poo poo, we just didn't have time to fix it because the jam ended. Nowhere but SA could someone post a jam game and get someone trying to come in with their hot take about why the game sucks. It's buck wild how much this website is fueled by smugness, negativity and pettiness trying to pretend it's wit. The reaction from my teammates was "Well, it's SA, what did you expect posting there".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TrixRabbi posted:

It's all of that but West Wing is certainly big in their canon. Any it definitely effects the everyday liberal. A few years ago I was working on a local State Senate campaign and you'd absolutely see these ingrained lessons in them about integrity and intelligence that come straight from Sorkin, and of course they all love the show, and it hobbles them in the face of an enemy that's just going to throw dirt in your eyes. Lo and behold, we later learned our candidate was being followed -- literally film noir, guy in a car style -- and all sorts of dirty tricks. I don't think Dems need to or should resort to that low of a level, but I do think they need to confront that most people don't care for the schmaltzy grandstanding or debate club points model of politics. In short, follow the AOC model.

I think any campaign that can afford it should have a guy with a video camera following their opponent around. Not to there house or anything, but definitely to any campaign events.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
If the Russo's took criticism this well we would've been spared CHERRY.

https://twitter.com/forcemarker/status/1395414164303237127?s=19

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

I wasn't trying to be a dick, it was a legitimate reaction to the only reply to a post I made at someone else's suggestion being a bunch of negative comments about a jam game. Yeah dude, we know all that poo poo, we just didn't have time to fix it because the jam ended. Nowhere but SA could someone post a jam game and get someone trying to come in with their hot take about why the game sucks. It's buck wild how much this website is fueled by smugness, negativity and pettiness trying to pretend it's wit. The reaction from my teammates was "Well, it's SA, what did you expect posting there".

I posted a short film for a contest in GBS 2 ( the racist bad one) and the first reply was it sucks because you need better gear and pretty much after that I ordered more gear. It hurt but idk, they nailed something in there.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I posted a short film for a contest in GBS 2 ( the racist bad one) and the first reply was it sucks because you need better gear and pretty much after that I ordered more gear. It hurt but idk, they nailed something in there.

The Trick R Treat fan film you posted a while back looked great, so it seems like the new gear paid off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you! I ended up springing some extra dough for a good DP with good gear, next best thing lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

You kinda brought it on yourself by being a dick after the first reply contained legit constructive criticism but all the posts after that are….I mean they’re hilarious but also lovely

For anyone else https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968160

in case anyone isnt' following this lurdiak's main contribution to the game ws sitting around making jokes about killing make-a-wish kids to put in the game while the rest of his team went uh-huh. hmmm. maybe not?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That thread’s funny as poo poo omg

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

in case anyone isnt' following this lurdiak's main contribution to the game ws sitting around making jokes about killing make-a-wish kids to put in the game while the rest of his team went uh-huh. hmmm. maybe not?

Imagining the alternate universe of that thread where Lurdiak just says "Yeah, we were thinking that too, but didn't have the time. But them's the breaks of the Game Jam, glad to hear we were on the right track :cheerdoge:" and then every post is different except Synthy's.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fungah! posted:

Wait, is this for real? Lol.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Imagining the alternate universe of that thread where Lurdiak just says "Yeah, we were thinking that too, but didn't have the time. But them's the breaks of the Game Jam, glad to hear we were on the right track :cheerdoge:" and then every post is different except Synthy's.

“No. It’s the rest of the forum who are wrong.”

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Roth posted:

i honestly dont think anyone would have said anything if he'd been open to criticism and not stormed off in a huff the moment anyone didnt stroke his ego. although apparantly That's Our Lurdiak

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Recently watched the 1992 flick about the 70's political struggle for indigenous rights in the U.S. in Thunderheart (D.P.: Roger Deakins) and it's pretty drat decent for a 'white savior' film.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Fungah! posted:

i honestly dont think anyone would have said anything if he'd been open to criticism and not stormed off in a huff the moment anyone didnt stroke his ego. although apparantly That's Our Lurdiak

you have no idea how gratifying it is to see a community that isn't inexplicably resigned to his presence react to Lurdiak :laffo:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Roth posted:

That's what's so insane about all of this.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

teagone posted:

Wait, is this for real? Lol.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Congratulations on your goldmined thread op!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Look I'm just going to say, if you really think I would buy a rape victim an avatar making fun of their trauma you're hosed in the head.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
It’s a pretty good thread lurd, you should be proud

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ed: never mind

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 21, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Soderbergh has a new movie coming out this summer and the cast is BONKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3JxUdbJ0do

I'm pretty hyped to see Brendan Fraser in stuff again. And by the way if any of you like Brendan Fraser and also have HBO Max I recommend watching Doom Patrol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Oh poo poo, lmao.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

If we can please now draw a line under this and return to movie chat.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

If we can please now draw a line under this and return to movie chat.

come on. it's funny

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
my movie chat is that i saw the new mortal kombat movie and it sucked. i turned it off an hour in when they were still training in a cave boringly and the tournament hadn't evne started. the 1995 moivie was perfectly paced and had cool fighting and they shouldve just remade it but added gore.

anyways that lurdiak guy should probably learn to be more humble and not freak out at the slightest of criticisms, though i am grateful for his inexplicable aggressiveness for providing a lot of very funny posts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

mycophobia posted:

turned it off an hour in when they were still training in a cave boringly and the tournament hadn't evne started. t

Bad news:
It never does.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

mycophobia posted:

my movie chat is that i saw the new mortal kombat movie and it sucked. i turned it off an hour in when they were still training in a cave boringly and the tournament hadn't evne started. the 1995 moivie was perfectly paced and had cool fighting and they shouldve just remade it but added gore.

:same:

Although I unfortunately watched it all the way to the end. Having Kano as a comedic character didn't really work for me either.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
This rules.

https://twitter.com/BeckTheGirl/status/1395429538755072002?s=20

I'm getting some serious Shaggs vibes in all the right ways.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MK is like spiderman. Stop bothering with the elaborate origin/setup movie and just get right to it. People are onboard already just get things moving along. The 95 movie understood this perfectly.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Skwirl posted:

I think any campaign that can afford it should have a guy with a video camera following their opponent around. Not to there house or anything, but definitely to any campaign events.

This was the “to their house” category.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

If the Russo's took criticism this well we would've been spared CHERRY.

Cherry was insanely bad. Holy poo poo.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

drat that dude robbed banks AND got a 7 figgy book deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

https://twitter.com/anxietydepotbuf/status/1371293660466253826