Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

HOOK's getting the Jade/Ogogo treatment so chances are he's gonna be pretty good

I'm playing the long game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

LionYeti posted:

Anyone know what the timeline for Johnny Hungies return is? I need a Beef Battle between him and Miro like yesterday.

I didn't notice his shoulder being taped up last night so maybe that's a good sign? He wasn't supposed to be out for terribly long so I have to imagine his return is will be post-DoN at this point.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feeling like Jade might be Britt's first defense

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I had a bunch of stuff I had to do yesterday and didn't watch Dynamite until this morning, sorry guys. :(

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll admit it. i've never seen an ep and have mostly been guessing from the recaps and few twitter gifs i've cared to look at. who is orange cassidy?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Silver originally said 4-6 weeks, which we’re past but could also see them just keeping him out until after the PPV if that wasn’t when the Dark Order-HFO blowoff is going to happen.

Really feels like his injury put all of DO’s momentum on hold.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

i'll admit it. i've never seen an ep and have mostly been guessing from the recaps and few twitter gifs i've cared to look at. who is orange cassidy?

I think he's in Team Rocket.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yea ok posted:

you'd know him from the twitter gifs he's the hands in pockets guy that's his entire character nothing else don't worry about him

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Silver originally said 4-6 weeks, which we’re past but could also see them just keeping him out until after the PPV if that wasn’t when the Dark Order-HFO blowoff is going to happen.

Really feels like his injury put all of DO’s momentum on hold.

i mean what's DO without Johnny's zoomies spot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

HOOK's getting the Jade/Ogogo treatment so chances are he's gonna be pretty good

do you remember the cinematic darby/sting vs cage/starks match

when will hobbs ran in in a mask to interfere my girlfriend yelled IT'S HOOK and i haven't stopped teasing her about it yet, probably never will

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tony Khan must push Evil Uno to appease me or I will continue to destroy the ratings.

Also make Jade and Uno an on screen couple.

Stu and Uno are on Dynamite next Friday!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

drat I really want a Miro/Mox match someday so we can essentially get Mox v Ishii Part Deux. Plus the promos that will come out of it will be S+ tier.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

drat I really want a Miro/Mox match someday so we can essentially get Mox v Ishii Part Deux. Plus the promos that will come out of it will be S+ tier.
i like miro a lot but lol @ this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what if we just cut the BS and had big tom in aew battle both miro and mox

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mox vs. Miro would be fun as gently caress but I don't think it'd be very similar to Mox v. Ishii.

Miro is a monster. Ishii is a brawler. Two very different kinds of match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

When Miro stopped dressing like a 19 year old soundcloud rapper I stopped caring about him

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he has good matches so idc what he dresses like

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine watching an entire NBA game instead of just the back half of the 4th quarter, where everything actually happens and matters

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

miro and max should have a rap battle

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Imagine watching an entire NBA game instead of just the back half of the 4th quarter, where everything actually happens and matters

that's when i get my reading done

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t he impact creative now?

I think so but I'm sure they'd let him do it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

he has good matches so idc what he dresses like

I am very superficial

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Eat My Fuc posted:

When Miro stopped dressing like a 19 year old soundcloud rapper I stopped caring about him

He forgives you.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

smarxist posted:

feeling like Jade might be Britt's first defense

They've been trash talking each other on twitter so it's not out of the question!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't wanna see that match because Jade would have to lose it. :sigh:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

I don't wanna see that match because Jade would have to lose it. :sigh:

Or Britt could get DQ'd and duck Jade afterwards

Stuff like that is fine if you don't overdo it like WWE does

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Ogogo throwing the flag and Cody screaming noooo and trying to catch it was hilarious. Americans are very strange about these things

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

i can even see the valentine's line like it's more kinda homophobic adjacent while also being about toxic masculinity and it's emotional shortcomings as well, because Mox/Kingston embody those characters who would be all weird expressing emotion towards each other, like love. look at all the bizarre poo poo they've worked out on camera already during their feuds, lmao
Yeah, this. IMO the joke works against two tough guys, especially knowing the source is a very pro-LGBTQ tag team. Yes it's totally OK to be gay, yes it's totally OK for platonic male friends to show affection, but Mox & Kingston are NOT those guys. They stake their reputations on being rugged hood-tough street rats whose only emotions are wanting to beat people up in the messiest, bloodiest way possible. In that context, it's funny to poke fun at their bromance. It's not Max's best line, but it's fine.

The Last Call posted:

Anyone know if that guy knows his poo poo or just makes it up cause I know most of us want those titles to show up.
I dunno but it seems weird to introduce new titles that they're just going to weld around Death Triangle's waists forever.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

rantmo posted:

He forgives you.

Well it was nice knowing you!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or Britt could get DQ'd and duck Jade afterwards

Stuff like that is fine if you don't overdo it like WWE does

I don't disagree, if you're not going to do "title can change hands on a DQ/countout" (which I wish AEW did do, frankly, but that's neither here nor there), I think it can be fine to do that kind of thing, like, once because it'd get big heat, but
1) I think AEW just hates DQs too much. They very strongly believe that if they promise you a match, they need to give you a finish. I can't say they're wrong! I definitely prefer it to the alternative.
2) Things tend to flow logically in AEW, so even if they did do a DQ, they would pretty much have to follow it up with a no DQ match or a cage match or "title can change hands on a DQ" match, which leads us back to the issue of Jade having to lose eventually.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alan_Shore posted:

Ogogo throwing the flag and Cody screaming noooo and trying to catch it was hilarious. Americans are very strange about these things

Its caused this weird inversion i think where the people who have sais Cody is a heel when he was a white meat babyface are now cheering him whereas the people who saw him as a pure face now think hes the heel and Ogogo is in the right. Maybe theres some subtext here.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think you can easily have Britt beating Jade with Reba (Not Rebel)'s help and that being the impetus for Jade to finally settle on a manager.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope Avenging Angel Kaz gets a shot at Kenny at some point.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams posted:

I hope Avenging Angel Kaz gets a shot at Kenny at some point.

I wonder if he's the joker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I think you can easily have Britt beating Jade with Reba (Not Rebel)'s help and that being the impetus for Jade to finally settle on a manager.

Another idea I had: Britt wins in a fucky manner or gets DQ'd, then files a restraining order after Jade murders her and Reba (Not Rebel). This is the impetus for Jade to hire either RD Evans, Mark Sterling (who btw, was great in his segment this week), or, god willing, the Legal Eagle Drew Gulak.

Or just have Jade lose and let Rosa be the one to unseat Britt, then Rosa can drop it to Jade

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 21, 2021

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Jade ever loses me and my friend Mark are going to stop watching.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alan_Shore posted:

Buddy, we're WEIRD AS gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8RPO87vSc

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

God, the Mega Man cartoon was so loving good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Daonaaaaaoooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I was half asleep last night and am perpetually behind Dark/Elevation

Is there a reason people are floating RD Evans as Jade's manager?