Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fair enough

kind of hard to get over the "laughing when striking miners get shot" thing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That is hosed up but then why would he change his tune now instead of going along with US line that Israel should be allowed to kill as many people as it can.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

oxsnard posted:

Noah's take was way lame but, the framing of it is excellent and probably a better tool for convincing normal people who have passively marinated in decades of western propaganda than (correctly fwiw) pointing out that Zionists are nazis

I'd interpret this more as a sign of the sea change forcing their hand rather than giving any credit to Trevor Noah for doing the right thing. Liberals who watch the Daily Show don't really need convincing, they're already primed for whatever the tv man tells them to believe, and the tv men are all pissed off about the AP getting bombed.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I mean yeah but the "with great power comes great responsibility" poo poo works really well with pudding brained Americans

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That video was made days before Israel decided to make themselves look even worse by bombing the building AP was in.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

watch biden get credit from US press for his reported "private" pressure (while publicly supporting israel)

I've heard this line on NPR on my drive home just a little bit ago, so yeah.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Lostconfused posted:

Finally watched this video and it's good.

I don't know why people were making GBS threads on him so hard earlier in this thread.

I guess he didn't display the necessary amount of revolutionary zeal.

While he doesn't come out and say that Israel is a fascist ethnostate that should be dismantled, he is obviously correct in saying that you should just simply look at the power relationship between the parties involved.

That Israel has all the power, and therefore they are also responsible for all the violence and death.

The main issue is that the power relationship is irrelevant. Even if Palestine was as powerful as Israel, the fact is that Israel is attempting to colonizeing Palestinian land. Land that even they agreed was not their own. Not to mention they never really had the right to any of it anyway besides what Great Britain stated, THE colonizing power of the world, who colonized Palestine at the time.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Killing Gaza by Dan Cohen and Max Blumenthal is about the 2014 assault
https://vimeo.com/549520612

seeing those poor kids playing in the bombed out rubble of a mosque. they're somehow making the best of it. :gbsmith:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the new thing for pro-genociders is taking videos of pro-israeli demonstrators in new york getting their rear end kicked by chad palestinian advocates and saying "see they're attacking jews!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the big israeli support march is june 6th in nyc i'm sure there will be many such cases

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Bullfrog posted:

the new thing for pro-genociders is taking videos of pro-israeli demonstrators in new york getting their rear end kicked by chad palestinian advocates and saying "see they're attacking jews!"
"Pro-Israeli Demonstrators"? I thought they were the Proud Boys.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

thinking about going off and blasting a few rounds into the air to commemorate this victory over the zionist entity but someone might call the police

https://twitter.com/TheNationalNews/status/1395521543975882756

Some joker is gonna start this back up with a celebratory bottle rocket.

They seem pleased, but at least from the Syria situation and the past, I've become accustomed to ceasefires being bullshit. Do you figure it'll hold?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'd interpret this more as a sign of the sea change forcing their hand rather than giving any credit to Trevor Noah for doing the right thing. Liberals who watch the Daily Show don't really need convincing, they're already primed for whatever the tv man tells them to believe, and the tv men are all pissed off about the AP getting bombed.
visiting my parents over the weekend, my centrist-liberal father was really pissed about israel bombing the AP building. not that them blowing up that particular building was what pushed him over, he has been DTI for awhile, but it's an anecdotal point

punk rebel ecks posted:

"Pro-Israeli Demonstrators"? I thought they were the Proud Boys.
i saw something about that and they looked like JDL guys. saw one guy flashing a kach flag, so yeah

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yes, i'm sure these guys were interested in peaceful dialogue

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1395555733358399489?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bullfrog posted:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1395509027996676107?s=20
https://twitter.com/HikindDov/status/1395349533899595779?s=20
https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1395537540065632259?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eve fartlow

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
I'm seeing alot of people saying that something is really changing regards to the narrative, but what if it's just ephemeral? The media is in full swing trying to bury this. The loving AP fired a reporter on the spot for being part of a pro Palestine student group after having their offices bombed.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

playing the victim after caping for the IDF while they slaughter palestinian children and murking entire families is pretty rich

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

They have the moral highground as long as you don't dig into it at all, which may depressingly be good enough for them.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

ToxicAcne posted:

I'm seeing alot of people saying that something is really changing regards to the narrative, but what if it's just ephemeral? The media is in full swing trying to bury this. The loving AP fired a reporter on the spot for being part of a pro Palestine student group after having their offices bombed.

I think it's absolutely fair to say that this time things played out differently than they have previously. The hasbara narrative didn't seem to get nearly as much traction as it usually does, despite US politicians doing their unbearable Likudnik schtick. It's also absolutely fair to question whether or not this indicates a trend, because yeah, I'm not sure there's evidence of that either. I hope so, but we're not likely to know until the next time poo poo flares up

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Just remember that last year, Defund the police had genuine mass support and now it's dead. We don't have free speech in our societies, it's just manafactured speech.Bombarding people with lies seems to be enough to pacify them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicAcne posted:

There's no reason to assume that any of this will bear consequences in the near future or even years down the line, but Zionists put a ton of effort into the "war of words" for a reason, and it's because Israel needs unconditional support from America to survive as a settler state.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the "team biden ended the war" headlines are coming in thick now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ToxicAcne posted:

Just remember that last year, Defund the police had genuine mass support and now it's dead. We don't have free speech in our societies, it's just manafactured speech.Bombarding people with lies seems to be enough to pacify them.

movements typically advance in fits and starts. Right wing media and even the New York Times have written about how the protests last year made the mass mobilizations for Palestine possible this year, and I don't think they're completely wrong.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palestinian solidarity with BLM was definitely a factor in how many black activists were willing to risk blacklisting from the Zionist media complex.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also just bc the media stops reporting polling numbers about support for police abolition doesn't mean people actually en masse forgot about the protests or just suddenly don't care about living in a police state. well lots don't care and never will but it still absolutely radicalized loads of people across the country

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShehabAgency/status/1395573062729445381?s=20

quote:

#شاهد Cheers by Al-Qassam Brigades at the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque in front of the occupation soldiers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's going to be interesting to see if the media can pull a blackout when Israel starts this up again in a couple of days

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I think it's absolutely fair to say that this time things played out differently than they have previously. The hasbara narrative didn't seem to get nearly as much traction as it usually does, despite US politicians doing their unbearable Likudnik schtick. It's also absolutely fair to question whether or not this indicates a trend, because yeah, I'm not sure there's evidence of that either. I hope so, but we're not likely to know until the next time poo poo flares up

We are going to be bombarded by pro Israel propaganda on levels never before seen.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm expecting Tlaib and Omar to get the full Corbyn treatment. And mainstream arguments over if the mass protests in the US for Palestine had the potential to become pogroms.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's going to be interesting to see if the media can pull a blackout when Israel starts this up again in a couple of days

https://twitter.com/SarsourDima/status/1395574924891275265?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hasbara's problem has always been that it's too successful, which is why they're so bad at making any kind of positive arguments in favor of Israel. When it's too easy to lie and get away with it you'll just get really bad at lying. I don't doubt there will be a backlash, but I don't see how it will be received as little more than the pathetic bleating of entitled babies who are losing their grip.

My right wing adjacent friend has been sending me choice bits of idiocy from the ar15 dot com forums for a while now, and if you want to get a sense of what support for Israel really looks like this is as good a thread as any.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Lauren-Chen-The-right-s-Israel-obsession/5-2454481/?page=1

These guys are all living in 2004. They can't even understand why some reactionaries are tired of defending Israel.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
despite the terrible cost, the Palestinian resistance really outdid themselves this time, they genuinely brought the fight to the regular Israeli in a way no Arab army was ever capable of and made the price for the typical Israeli moron (e.g they don’t get to have peaceful beach days or live their normal daily lives), also in the Arab world the sheer barbarity of Israel and their settlers was a big boon to anti-normalization activists and media. Arab morale was significantly improved after a decade of nothing but disasters. also the western world public opinion saw a massive backlash against Israel, big ups to that.

also what also helped was the unprecedented mobilization of 48 arabs in historic palestine and the massive strikes, the only real questions to be asked is what happens to sheikh jarrah, can the evictions be halted and how to overcome the problem of Mahmoud Abbas and his thoroughly corrupt collaborationist fatah clique.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm expecting Tlaib and Omar to get the full Corbyn treatment.
I honestly think Rashida Tlaib has a shot at the White House.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Real hurthling! posted:

the "team biden ended the war" headlines are coming in thick now

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Echo Chamber posted:

Tlaib has a lot of people mad with her voting for extra cops, especially when it won by one vote

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

She's literally the only good squad member.

Jews, in America at least, are considered white unless being looked at through the most extreme lens of white supremacy.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

punk rebel ecks posted:

She's literally the only good squad member.

Jews, in America at least, are considered white unless being looked at through the most extreme lens of white supremacy.

Uh, excuse me, Ilhan Omar is the best squad member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Thinking it over, the immediate political question is if the racist settler mobs continue to be allowed to take the streets. This ceasefire doesn't seem like the type of victory that'll satisfy fascists.