Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Also, Crystal Frazier and Cam Banks were critical as well. How could they do that, considering that Ken Hite is a person that they know? Anyway, in the end, Ettin's actions helped Ramzan Kadyrov.

This sentence alone was worth the price of admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
That all checks out. I accidentally clicked on one of the posts and the only two words I remember seeing before I managed to close the tab were "Olivia" and "Hill."

The cocktail you need right now is a cocktail umbrella sitting in the neck of a bottle of gin.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Thank you for reading and summarizing that so we don't have to. :zpatriot:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'd recommend expanding your gin diet beyond London Dry, if you haven't already. American-style gins are significantly less juniper-forward and make for more refreshing spring cocktails. Bluecoat, The Revivalist, and Malfy are all worth your time if you can find them.

Also lol Ettin got the State Department involved rather than the Russian propaganda machine. Sure buddy. It's always the people that don't like you, personally, that are the root cause of the bad things that happen to you.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Halloween Jack posted:

What's everyone's favourite gin cocktail?

PM me your Paypal address so I can send you $10 to buy a drink for doing that.

I personally like Bombay Martinis, dry.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Does Zakary ever apologize for the Chick-fil-A mess?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Just get the rubbing alcohol from the medicine cabinet.

So was Zak somehow secretly on the V5 team despite being contracted to do one game or is literally everything in that blog post that wasn't a (probably out of context) screencap a lie?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Froghammer posted:

I'd recommend expanding your gin diet beyond London Dry, if you haven't already. American-style gins are significantly less juniper-forward and make for more refreshing spring cocktails. Bluecoat, The Revivalist, and Malfy are all worth your time if you can find them.

This is true but there's also great experimental London Dry gins out there these days. Monkey 47, Suntory Roku, and Drumshambo (none of them from the UK) are all great modern London Drys that are still very juniper forward but mix up the herbs. Ophir takes that to an extreme, it almost tastes like cumin, it's great but (IMO) only in some drinks, I don't think it works well in a G&T.

On-topic, that list of things he wants Olivia Hill to do reads like abuser.txt. Even if I didn't know the back story, there's no world in which anybody who writes out a list like that isn't at minimum a gaslighting and controlling rear end in a top hat.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

No dark sun no buy

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Part 6:
The Vampire V5 team were stressed, depressed, and had their careers damaged by cancel culture. Other creators won't support them, and everyone is afraid to speak up because of the terrible power wielded by Olivia Hill and SA forums poster Ettin.

When Zak got word that Chris Handley, a WoD podcaster, had had a beer with Olivia Hill, he tried to do the right thing by warning him that Olivia Hill is a witch who would put snakes in his socks and give him chilblains. Handley responded by joining the hatemob. Years later he wrote Zak to say that Zak was right about everything, but he didn't apologize and was still mad at Zak.

I never had a beer with Olivia Hill. More like some time around 2013 or thereabouts Zak sea lioned onto a rather simple G+ thread discussing beer to warn me about Olivia.

I took offence to him bringing his vendetta to my thread.

Later, after WoD Berlin in 2017, I thought I would try and at least try and be cordial as I was not a fan of some of the things that had happened due to Olivia et al, mainly how people were targeting the women of I Hit It With An Axe. But I still did not agree with Zak's tactics and methods even if right based on recent events (A broken clock is right twice a day after all). Of course that was not good enough for him, which really just confirms how Zak has ridiculous moving goalposts to always make him right.

This however is all rather moot given it turned out he too was an abuser as women came forward.

I stand by what I disagree about with respect to Olivia Hill, but also Zak is just insane.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A Real Horse posted:

My grandpa used to make a drink that I think you deserve:

1 serving gin (serving being whatever you feel is appropriate)
Ice
Lime wedge
Can I suggest the infinity gin. Here are the ingredients:

one (1) glass
one (1) serving Gin
one (1) portion Ice
one (1) portion Lime
one (1) Infinity Gin

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Okay, I have to go hang up an extension cord reel and dispose of a dead raccoon. What's everyone's favourite gin cocktail?

A Negroni

1 ounce gin
1 ounce Campari
1 ounce sweet vermouth
Garnish: orange peel

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Also, for the record, I'm not sure what Zak thinks harassment is? A person repeatedly asking questions knowing that the person they're asking doesn't owe them an answer and probably doesn't want to talk about it is harassment. Telling people to do this is inciting harassment.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Froghammer posted:

Also, for the record, I'm not sure what Zak thinks harassment is? A person repeatedly asking questions knowing that the person they're asking doesn't owe them an answer and probably doesn't want to talk about it is harassment. Telling people to do this is inciting harassment.

I'm certain Zak knows exactly what harassment is and it's "anything that other people do to him". And he knows exactly what it's not and it's "anything he does to other people."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Also, for the record, I'm not sure what Zak thinks harassment is?

Harassment only happens when someone disagrees with Zak about anything at all in any way. Therefore, it's impossible for anything that doesn't target Zak to be harassment.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Okay, I have to go hang up an extension cord reel and dispose of a dead raccoon. What's everyone's favourite gin cocktail?

Get a big glass, pour in a finger of gin, and fill the rest up with tonic. In a pinch, you can leave out the gin.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

tanqueray & tonic, extra lime

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

This is honestly a pretty decent pitch for a Forgotten Realms film, if it were put in competent hands.

It won’t be, and it’ll be a disaster, but the pitch is good!

MachineIV
Feb 28, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

Ettin has no business commenting on these issues because he's not LGBTQIA+, just like people who aren't trans have no business saying Zak's game was transphobic, and people who aren't Jews have no business saying that Vampire V5 panders to Nazis.

And of course, because you can set your clock to it, people Zak cited in his defense did not give permission to air their private messages from years ago, and absolutely do not want him using them as a shield.

https://twitter.com/nataliereed84/status/1391926243986083844

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
So it's all Zak repurposing those same conspiracy charts he made a million years ago with most of the same "evil enemies trying to take me down" but some of the topics swapped out for more current incidents?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Halloween Jack posted:

There are 25 line items
I honestly don't know whether or not this is a joke. 25 is an absurdly large number of things to demand of anyone, let alone someone who doesn't like you, has no reason to listen to you, and seems to be utterly unmotivated by "but if you do these things then my feelings will be satisfied".

It is incredibly presumptuous, though, so I wouldn't put it past Zak.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

MachineIV posted:

And of course, because you can set your clock to it, people Zak cited in his defense did not give permission to air their private messages from years ago, and absolutely do not want him using them as a shield.

https://twitter.com/nataliereed84/status/1391926243986083844

This was so obviously coming I didn't even want to say it because I might jinx it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nuns with Guns posted:

So it's all Zak repurposing those same conspiracy charts he made a million years ago with most of the same "evil enemies trying to take me down" but some of the topics swapped out for more current incidents?
Pretty much.

Kavak posted:

So was Zak somehow secretly on the V5 team despite being contracted to do one game or is literally everything in that blog post that wasn't a (probably out of context) screencap a lie?
He claims the V5 team started with him, Hite, and an unnamed art director, and that he was dropped from the project very early on because of Olivia Hill's Online HatemobTM. In his mind, every bit of drama surrounding Paradox, V5, Swedracula, etc. was actually about him and his haters.

This is where the weirdness of the "Calling Jews Nazis" tagline comes in. He wasn't working on V5. People were accusing V5 of pandering to Nazis. How could that be, when Zak is Jewish? But he wasn't working on V5. Another example of twisting the truth, flattening it, and then just repeating that over and over.

We can all see that this is pretzel logic when he shows his work like this. But it's different when you're trying to pick it apart from the receiving end. Say, you see a post saying "Ettin said Jews are Nazis!" And to get to the bottom of that, you have to investigate his PROOF! Which is a link to a tumblr with a screenshot of a reply to a forum post which was about a screenshot of an email with the names blacked out...

dr_ether posted:

I stand by what I disagree about with respect to Olivia Hill, but also Zak is just insane.
I don't want to minimize his outright lies, but I want to hold this up as another example of twisting the truth.

He lays out the skeleton of a situation that's basically true--he tried to warn you about Olivia Hill, you rebuffed him, you end up having your own problems with Hill, but you're still not on side--but interprets it in the most ludicrously self-serving way imaginable. Everyone is either with him or against him, and the takeaway is always that he's infallible and everyone else is malicious and insane.

It's remarkable how often his writing breaks down into fantasies of how everyone who ever disagreed with him should, in the end, be made to apologize, recant, and then become his enthusiastic public advocate.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

A Real Horse posted:

My grandpa used to make a drink that I think you deserve:

1 serving gin (serving being whatever you feel is appropriate)
Ice
Lime wedge

That is remarkably close to my favorite gimlet recipe, which is:

4 parts gin
Splash of lime juice
Shake, strain, serve straight up.

Or, if you're feeling lazy, just pour all the above over ice in a mason jar and drink at will.

Edit: Works best with relatively mild gins, I usually use Gilbey's because I picked up a taste for cheap gin working restaurants.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 21, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Froghammer posted:

I honestly don't know whether or not this is a joke. 25 is an absurdly large number of things to demand of anyone, let alone someone who doesn't like you, has no reason to listen to you, and seems to be utterly unmotivated by "but if you do these things then my feelings will be satisfied".

In my experience, this sort of Spreadsheet of Grievances is a pretty common abuser tactic, both in number and in expectation of "you apologize for every itemized slight and tell me how great I am, forever." The idea is that you present it as a solution, and then when your victim declines, you can say they're being so unreasonable, when you offered a solution!!

Anyway, gin chat: I'm not a drinker and have nothing useful to add, but it reminded me of a stupid roleplaying gag I used a couple of times in high school, where I'd have a character order vodka over crushed ice, hold the vodka. So, uh, thanks for that memory?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Froghammer posted:

He did that before, too. He said that if anyone had a beef with him they could email him a numbered list of his crimes, and if he could fully rebut it, they'd have to submit a dissertation apology recanting everything, but if they "won" he'd donate to some charity. I guess in his mind, if nobody challenges his totally fair and objective terms, then they must be hiding something....

I feel like he could have slipped in some mention of "Tipper Gore" to bring back all his greatest hits.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Halloween Jack posted:

It's remarkable how often his writing breaks down into fantasies of how everyone who ever disagreed with him should, in the end, be made to apologize, recant, and then become his enthusiastic public advocate.

To be fair, his entire life fell apart when people communicated how awful he is to others and this eventually spread and was believed.

From his perspective, I'm sure he's just obsessed with recapturing public opinion. He seems so deluded as to believe it's possible.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't have any favorite gin cocktails because I don't like gin, but instead I can mention my least favorite gin cocktail.

1 part Everclear (or any other strong grain alcohol such as Bourbon, Moonshine, or Vodka)
1 part Tonic Water
1 part Bitter Lemon
1 part Bombay Sapphire Gin (or other gin)
1 part Yukon Jack Perma-Frost Schnapps (or other mint schnapps, or white crème de menthe)
Enough blue food coloring to make the mixture a very light sky blue

There were some other bits for flavoring, but it tasted mostly of alcohol and mint schnapps. For the next day I felt like mint, an experience I have not had before or since.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

NGDBSS posted:

I don't have any favorite gin cocktails because I don't like gin, but instead I can mention my least favorite gin cocktail.

1 part Everclear (or any other strong grain alcohol such as Bourbon, Moonshine, or Vodka)
1 part Tonic Water
1 part Bitter Lemon
1 part Bombay Sapphire Gin (or other gin)
1 part Yukon Jack Perma-Frost Schnapps (or other mint schnapps, or white crème de menthe)
Enough blue food coloring to make the mixture a very light sky blue

There were some other bits for flavoring, but it tasted mostly of alcohol and mint schnapps. For the next day I felt like mint, an experience I have not had before or since.
Good god, I wouldn't wish this on my enemies

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

What's everyone's favourite gin cocktail?

I don't know if you dig tea in your cocktails, but I fell in love with an Earl Grey cocktail I found online, and I tweaked it a teeny tiny bit (i.e, I added in the lavender syrup):

• 6 ounces of Earl Grey tea. Cold brewing it is probably easier but I usually just make it hot and then leave it in the fridge for about an hour before preparing the cocktail.
  • 1 1/4 ounces of gin.
  • 1 1/4 (or 1/8 oz, if you prefer a more gin-forward flavor and can measure this small) ounces of honey simple syrup.
  • 1 1/4 (or again, another 1/8 oz) ounces of lavender syrup.
  • 1/4 ounce of lemon juice.

Shake, strain, pour in a tall glass with ice. It's an incredibly smooth drink, probably because when you get down to it it's just an iced tea with gin in it, but I think it's pretty great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A good Tom Collins is very refreshing. Does Zak still get any work in the industry beyond his blog?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Not that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't put it past Raggi to either employ him under the table or try and defend him back into prominence.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It wouldn't shock me if he was getting uncredited work or something.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Dexo posted:

It would shock me, because there’s no way he’d willingly do anything anonymously unless it involves harassing people.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dexo posted:

You’d have to pretty stupid to do this, since he would absolutely blackmail you over revealing it the moment it benefited him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DalaranJ posted:

You’d have to pretty stupid to do this, since he would absolutely blackmail you over revealing it the moment it benefited him.
It is quite likely that he has friends still, because some people sure do love the eternal defense of harassing women; and there are, quite surely, stupid people in game design.

The question is, would it not be rather easy to tell?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DalaranJ posted:

NDA's, but yeah. you're probably right.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Not that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't put it past Raggi to either employ him under the table or try and defend him back into prominence.

The last LotFP release on Drive-Thru RPG was in mid-July 2020 for a single magic item. Three other products before that were adventures released on the same day, but the one before those was in December 2019.

Unless he's selling elsewhere or working on some big thing, Raggi doesn't seem to have been doing much since the twin Zak-Peterson fiascos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Nothing to add regarding gin, but can confirm that port is an excellent, underrated tipple.