Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Crab Dad posted:

Can someone please remind Cruz he's so spineless he let the president bag on his wife?

Spinelessness is in the water lately.

https://twitter.com/suhaunah/status/1395479074450022401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1395502326446702595?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“continue”

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Platystemon posted:

“continue”

:hmmyes:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
https://twitter.com/OpenBordersJon/status/1395474513291272201?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Badass Russian Army and the sissified US Army: Both Afghanistan War Losers.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

She probably can't pass the ACFT.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Do they still have an insane hazing problem?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

Wow, gently caress you.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

PeterCat posted:

Neither can half of the people still in.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

davecrazy posted:

What does your heart tell you?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

The Badass Russian Army and the sissified US Army: Both Afghanistan War Losers.

You'd think "Don't gently caress with mountain people. Just don't. It's never worth it. DON'T." would've become doctrine in every army in the world by now but lol @ learning from the mistakes of your predecessors

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

shame on an IGA posted:

You'd think "Don't gently caress with mountain people. Just don't. It's never worth it. DON'T." would've become doctrine in every army in the world by now but lol @ learning from the mistakes of your predecessors

Apparently China wants to try their hand in Afghanistan now. I wonder how that's going to go.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a passing of the torch of world powers. Now they get a taste of chinese communism.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Probably pretty well cause they'll just pay whoever keeps the raw materials flowing and give no fucks about what the afghanis do

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Communism with chinese characteristics*

At least the food might be better

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

davecrazy posted:

The French Air Force seems to have a bit of a hazing problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/08/french-military-pilot-tied-up-on-firing-range-during-bombing-as-prank

Edit: added the pics from the articles elsewhere.
:nms:just in case

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 21, 2021

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
:stare:

holy poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drat who said the french weren't funny

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hon hon hon hon hon

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The French had to one‐up their own tungsten poisoning incident.

quote:

A healthy 19-year-old recruit in a French artillery regiment drank 250 mL of a mixture of beer and wine that had rinsed in a hot 155-mm gun-barrel. Fifteen minutes later, he complained of nausea followed by seizures. He was comatose for 24 h, presenting signs of encephalopathy. A moderate renal failure was noted initially and worsened to an extensive tubular necrosis with anuria on the day after the incident. The first toxicological investigations only showed a 0.31 g/L blood ethanol. Then inductively-coupled plasma (ICP) emission-spectrometry revealed very high concentrations of tungsten in the "beverage" as well as in gastric content, blood and urine (1540 mg/L, 8 mg/L, 5 mg/L, and 101 mg/L, respectively). The nature of the metal was confirmed by ICP coupled to mass spectrometry. A simple and reliable ICP quantitative assay of tungsten in biological fluids, hair and nails was then developed. It showed high blood levels (> 0.005 mg/L) until day 13 in spite of six hemodialyses, and in urine until D33. Tungsten was also incorporated in hair and nails. To the best of our knowledge, such an intoxication has never been reported before though this drinking seems to be traditional in the French Artillery. It has probably been favored by the unusually high volume of beverage absorbed and by the new alloy of the gun, containing tungsten. The clinical evolution was satisfactory over weeks and the patient was declared totally cured after five months.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

PeterCat posted:

Beyond the standard “you are being an rear end in a top hat again,”

1: Only 25% of the Army has taken the ACFT.
2: Only 7% has taken it twice.
3: Presently, the pass rate is 85%.
4: The test result has zero affect other than going into a pile of big army data right now. An order is published prohibiting people from even keeping local unit record scores of the ACFT. When you enter the data in DTMS, it disappears and only people with special permission can pull data in aggregate.

Yes, I am sure a major factor in the order banning local leaders from keeping ACFT records was to prevent total rear end in a top hat leaders from unfairly maligning their soldiers over ACFT pilot test performance. Because the Army knows there are judgmental assholes out there who can scream at a soldier or talk shot behind their back but cannot read a basic admin messages, personnel guidance, and orders.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1394899051171106817

I'm hoping graphics card prices start coming down in crypto continues to do poorly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tax/comments/motvov/made_capital_gains_on_a_crypto_website_not_legal/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

That dude's still at it btw

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PeterCat posted:

gently caress off outta here.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

That "quiet" is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

As Nero Danced posted:

Apparently China wants to try their hand in Afghanistan now. I wonder how that's going to go.

Afghanistan ain't called the Graveyard of Empires for nothin'!

The Russians couldn't win there and they used CBW. I could see China trying their "we don't care that you treat women like poo poo and pray to whatever deity you like so long as we can pillage your country of all those sweet rare earths" brand of "diplomacy," though.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 21, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1395552233987657729?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Russians couldn't win there and they used CBW. I could see China trying their "we don't care that you treat women like poo poo and pray to whatever deity you like so long as we can pillage your country of all those sweet rare earths" brand of "diplomacy," though.

Cock and ball worture?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cock and ball worture?

Chemical and Biological Warfare.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BIG HEADLINE posted:

China's been tapping their fingers impatiently for years, waiting for the US to exhaust itself stabilizing Afghanistan so China can come in and make deals for the mineral resources.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Stultus Maximus posted:

China's been tapping their fingers impatiently for years, waiting for the US to exhaust itself stabilizing Afghanistan so China can come in and make deals for the mineral resources.

Looking forward to 2033 when the US is paying Iran to smuggle weapons to the anti-China Taliban freedom fighters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Soylent Pudding posted:

Looking forward to 2033 when the US is paying Iran to smuggle weapons to the anti-China Taliban freedom fighters.

I hope they tell us to pound sand.

Alternatively, lol at the US existing in 2033

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The trilogy where the FSB and CIA team up against the greater threat to sell Afghan tribesmen stringers

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The trilogy where the FSB and CIA team up against the greater threat to sell Afghan tribesmen stringers

The new Cold War will be a Price War

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
With the ceasefire now in force, Israel is breathing a sigh of relief and going straight back to the provocations that prompted the exchange in the first place.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1395737618432811012?s=19

Taking bets on how long before occupying forces kill a worshipper in al-Aqsa, Hamas launches a rocket in response, and Israel unleashes a propaganda (and renewed bombing) campaign of "You see how those perfidious Arabs break their word‽ They hate peace as much as they hate the Jewish people!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It'll work too

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1395737851527053320?s=21

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Someone basically captured the spirit of :umberto: with this one. The boulder appears very strong, but ultimately it is easily no match for the strong Israeli rock golem and it is only through the grace of them that the Muslim boulder doesn't break the lesser European countries.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oh my god

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shouldn't 3/4ths of that Israeli boulder monster be covered in american flags and brand icons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/1DalM/status/1395747049019162629