Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If they're releasing the cereal now that features those little guys, I'm less worried that they settled on this clip to release.

It'd be interesting if this clip doesn't even make it into the final film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm figuring someone here'll have a better memory on it, but wasn't there in one of the Ghostbuster cartoons something with the mini Stay Pufts?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Real Ghostbusters is a seperate canon from the movies (and they crossed over in the comics) but it also has a Marshmallow Man, presumably with a different backstory.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Real Ghostbusters is a seperate canon from the movies (and they crossed over in the comics) but it also has a Marshmallow Man, presumably with a different backstory.

Why a different backstory? I thought it was based on the first movie, and then they just ran with it and put him in different episodes?

E: Nevermind, I remember now how the guys in the RGB went to see the first movie in theatres. I get you now.

Also, to the previous goon, there WAS an episode with a ton of Slimers. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I was under the impression in RGB that the film's events still happened. I think there's one episode set straight after where they still have marshmallow on their grey suits which subsequently come to life.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Karloff posted:

I was under the impression in RGB that the film's events still happened. I think there's one episode set straight after where they still have marshmallow on their grey suits which subsequently come to life.

As evidenced by the fact that they watch Ghostbusters in the theater, The Real Ghostbusters was the story of the real Ghostbusters. The movie Ghostbusters is therefore a cinematic adaptation of their high profile fight against Zuul.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Iron Crowned posted:

As evidenced by the fact that they watch Ghostbusters in the theater, The Real Ghostbusters was the story of the real Ghostbusters. The movie Ghostbusters is therefore a cinematic adaptation of their high profile fight against Zuul.

Yep. Also they brought Stay Puft back several times in the cartoon, in one episode he'd become a good guy and helped them out by fighting a mantis kaiju that was running loose in NYC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM38xO9Ky5Y

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Welp, I guess I was right the first time.

Obviously I just need to watch the drat show again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yep. Also they brought Stay Puft back several times in the cartoon, in one episode he'd become a good guy and helped them out by fighting a mantis kaiju that was running loose in NYC.

Not one of the better episodes.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I always appreciated that Venkman said “That guy doesn’t look anything like me.”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They couldn't get the likeness rights to the actors so they just went the other way. Comes up in the comics iirc, when the movie Egon goes missing they briefly borrow the cartoon one and call him 'Blonde Egon'. (there's a fun bit where one of them is like 'I know Egon, if he was dead the first thing he would do is show up in his lab to take readings on himself')

I think the implication is the events of the movie(s) loosely happened, with the in-universe movies being adaptations of them.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, to the previous goon, there WAS an episode with a ton of Slimers. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

I can't recall the name, but I THINK it was an episode with Walter Peck and they put Slimer in a big spinny device that splits him into pieces.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

I can't recall the name, but I THINK it was an episode with Walter Peck and they put Slimer in a big spinny device that splits him into pieces.

No, that's a separate episode.

The blue slimers episode was The Adventures in Slime and Space.

The Walter Peck one was Big Trouble with Little Slimer.

In my opinion, those episode titles are backwards, but sometimes, poo poo happens, someone has to deal with it, and who ya gonna call?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 8, 2021

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

No, that's a separate episode.

The blue slimers episode was The Adventures in Slime and Space.

The Walter Peck one was Big Trouble with Little Slimer.

In my opinion, those episode titles are backwards, but sometimes, poo poo happens, someone has to deal with it, and who ya gonna call?

Whoa my brain merged them into a single episode.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1380209933380124681?s=20

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Not gonna lie, those are cute and I definitely want them

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That's even more reason as to why that specific clip was released before anything else.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Don't be worried about that clip. It was taken from the movie and edited by a third party for advertising purposes. Can't wait for this movie!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

can't wait to eat these

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Alan_Shore posted:

Don't be worried about that clip. It was taken from the movie and edited by a third party for advertising purposes. Can't wait for this movie!

Ah word, that makes me feel better because my concerns with the clip stemmed from its editing

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm not sure since I thought I'd seen animation mini Stay Pufts and it might've been a return of Gozer episode of one of the cartoons. Equally it could be my brain playing tricks on me.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It seems that your concern is that the clip shows things happening that also happened in previous Ghostbusters movies. Well I have nothing to say to that lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I had this on VHS which was paired with the mansion Rosebud sled ghost story and THEY'RE SO GOOD.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

That Stay Puft in The Real Ghostbusters isn't Gozer, it's a different spirit that manifested as a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

That Stay Puft in The Real Ghostbusters isn't Gozer, it's a different spirit that manifested as a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

I do believe they said they rehabbed the marshmallow man. I do not know how this comes into play with your post, but I do know this: if Stay Puft can change we all have a chnace, amen

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lurdiak posted:

Not one of the better episodes.

It was actually my favourite episode when I was a kid, but I was a pretty dumb kid :v:

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

It's amazing to watch Aykroyd on Carson and no one seems to realize that he's completely serious about the occult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SEuh08a0Xc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love it and him for it. He did an interview with last podcast on the left and he boiled down why. It’s because it is just so much fun.

And it is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He's pretty much Ray IRL.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

His family's been into occult stuff for a while. His dad, Peter Aykroyd, wrote a book on ghosts/mediums/etc that was partially compiled from from his own grandfather's investigation notes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

quote is not edit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fun fact: Harold Ramis did not believe in the paranormal whatsoever.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
More interesting is one of the mini pufts is somehow aware of the T2 ending.

walldo
Apr 1, 2021

Fun fact: Harold Ramis did not believe in the paranormal whatsoever.

Sure, but how is Harold, and have you seen him lately?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
It really bugs me more than it should that this movie is finished, just sitting on a shelf, and we still won't see it until November. Everything's opening up! Get your big summer move out for the summer! Or, failing that, at least get it out in September/October so it can take advantage of spooky season!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

It really bugs me more than it should that this movie is finished, just sitting on a shelf, and we still won't see it until November. Everything's opening up! Get your big summer move out for the summer! Or, failing that, at least get it out in September/October so it can take advantage of spooky season!

"Nah"
-Some dumb movie exec, probably.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4100292149993688&id=1506131732743089&sfnsn=mo

Couple of set photos, and on some metal sheets, there's spray painted the quote from the book of revelations.

I'm hoping that the climax of this movie is everyone pretty much trying to prevent judgement day that's already started to happen. I know that's kind of how the first movie ended, but I wanna see the black skies, blood moon, seas boiling, all of that stuff, not just a big cloud over a city with an admittedly awesome enemy.

I wanna see real wrath of god stuff.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4100292149993688&id=1506131732743089&sfnsn=mo

Couple of set photos, and on some metal sheets, there's spray painted the quote from the book of revelations.

I'm hoping that the climax of this movie is everyone pretty much trying to prevent judgement day that's already started to happen. I know that's kind of how the first movie ended, but I wanna see the black skies, blood moon, seas boiling, all of that stuff, not just a big cloud over a city with an admittedly awesome enemy.

It just occurred to me that a lot of the stuff that Aykroyd originally wanted to include in the first movie but were rejected because they would have been wayyyyyyyyy too expensive would be reasonably affordable in this day and age

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

It just occurred to me that a lot of the stuff that Aykroyd originally wanted to include in the first movie but were rejected because they would have been wayyyyyyyyy too expensive would be reasonably affordable in this day and age

I'm not sure I can handle a 225ft tall John Belushi doing a 2 hours blues set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Did we get that in the Ghostbusters game? I vaguely recall that escalating but it might have been more in the travelling to hell rather than hell arriving on earth variety.