Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
It looks like SOLO has both an ingame dps meter and some DBM-like thing built in? Interesting to see but hopefully whatever moderation the game has drops the hammer on people melting down over dps or harassing each other over it etc, because I can see an ingame dps parser making that all too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm finally trying RuneScape and I feel that this game would be good if it had like basic quality of life features such as telling you what items you need to gather for your quests via the menu (instead of going back to the quest giver) or markers to where the quest givers are.

Is this modern RS or Old School? Modern has arrows for their newer quests IIRC. I do generally prefer solving quests on my own though, only consulting a guide when I'm really really stuck.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

You get a masked panda for doing things in the CBT for SOLO.

So that's cool.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

dreffen posted:

So that's cool.

alright i bought it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ibblebibble posted:

Is this modern RS or Old School? Modern has arrows for their newer quests IIRC. I do generally prefer solving quests on my own though, only consulting a guide when I'm really really stuck.

Old-school.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dreffen posted:

So that's cool.

Will the cash shop have a red panda mount and/or pet?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So what's the deal with SOLO, what is it like

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I said come in! posted:

Will the cash shop have a red panda mount and/or pet?

I can only hope.

30.5 Days posted:

So what's the deal with SOLO, what is it like

Great question! Will follow up tomorrow when I play.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What do you have to do in CBT to get that? Where did you find it?

EDIT:
https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/swords_of_legends_online/news/046342ee-5dce-4fc1-b4a3-6fe4952f8f22

Looks like you have to fake wash your hands on three days.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Eminently reasonable task for a cute panda with a mask.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I don't care about the game, but I want a panda with a facemask.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

fadam posted:

lol ok, this game will be good

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I'm fully awaiting my permanent ban at launch for playing in a VM

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

I play a lot of OSRS and the Runelite client is way to go, it even has a quest helper plugin that is very handy. I personally only use the quest helper for the old early 2000s era quests which have some insane design decisions that went into them on occasion. But the more modern quests I play vanilla, so to speak. But either way Runelite is really good and has a lot of nice quality of life improvements, so if you aren't already using it I suggest you give it a try.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

SOLO Beta starts at 5:00am PST tomorrow.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

What do you have to do in CBT to get that? Where did you find it?

EDIT:
https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/swords_of_legends_online/news/046342ee-5dce-4fc1-b4a3-6fe4952f8f22

hail satan

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

fadam posted:

lmao

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The fake handwashing got me and I grabbed it on steam. I thought we were supposed to get friend keys?

I'm feeling a 85% chance I refund after this weekend.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dinurth posted:

The fake handwashing got me and I grabbed it on steam. I thought we were supposed to get friend keys?

I'm feeling a 85% chance I refund after this weekend.

Friend keys is only if you bought the fancy editions from the gameforge website sadly. I didn't want to risk the refund so I got it off steam

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Xun posted:

Friend keys is only if you bought the fancy editions from the gameforge website sadly. I didn't want to risk the refund so I got it off steam

I got the deluxe edition through steam and it says I'll get a friend key in game once it starts.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Since there will never be a good MMO again I eagerly await all the despair posting after this short time of hope and dreams about SOLO.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
How can anyone doubt SOLO?

Did you not see that COVID conscious masked Panda?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The great thing about wuxia mmos is every wuxia mmo is just like every other wuxia mmo except [product name] is totally different this time I swear.

Get your fun where you find it though.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the real fun of a new mmo isn't the game itself, it's the fresh mmo experience + discovering gamebreaking stuff that slipped past the playtesters and getting your fun out of that before the game either finishes getting polished or just outright dies

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

DancingShade posted:

The great thing about mmos is every mmo is just like every other mmo except [product name] is totally different this time I swear.

And yet we all still post in this subforum

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xun posted:

And yet we all still post in this subforum

We are doomed to repeat this dance eternally. Never shall we rest.

It's seeing the bear trap, knowing it's a bear trap, and willing putting our necks in the bear trap. We post about this and wink at each other as the jaws snap shut.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

blatman posted:

the real fun of a new mmo isn't the game itself, it's the fresh mmo experience + discovering gamebreaking stuff that slipped past the playtesters and getting your fun out of that before the game either finishes getting polished or just outright dies

I pretty rarely buy non-MMOs at launch, opting instead to wait for Steam sales and a few rounds of patches. I miss that joy of diving into a janky launch-day MMO when most people have no idea what they’re doing and poo poo breaks left and right.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
theres some kinda "hilarious" hand washing quest so clearly the game will be great

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

theres all this MMO crap getting in the way of me washing my hands and i do not like it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All this hand washing it stopping me from madly swiping my plastic to pay for more mmo preorders and macrotransactions. What moisturiser should I use?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I had fun with SOLO for the two hours I played it this morning. I'll probably play it until it stops being fun and then stop playing it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The skill description translations are the roughest part of the game so far

the cosmetics are dope af

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Has anyone found a hand basin yet?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

This is peak video game talk. There's all this concern out there in the world about video games causing violence, and here we are desperately washing our hands.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

kedo posted:

This is peak video game talk. There's all this concern out there in the world about video games causing violence, and here we are desperately washing our hands.

it is violence towards microorganisms

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd wash my hands in real life too if someone gave me a panda.

EDIT: There's a washbasins all over Cloudrise. There's one right by the first portal that take you there.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 21, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
EU servers taking a beating, already on the second maintenance

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Someone in the beta (or more in the know than me) make a SOLO thread.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Almost 2 hours into SOLO and it's strictly kill 3 things to collect 3 things and bring them to person, or collect 3 things to bring to person.

You do get a flying mount that's a sword you stand on so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eonwe posted:

The skill description translations are the roughest part of the game so far

the cosmetics are dope af

I am poo poo posting in the wushu thread because it is a china game but here