Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Rarity posted:

Kazarian's great but Scorp's turned out to be aggressively bland

Aw, he was doing the best during that match (aside from the incredible Luchabros)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sky is a very competent wrestler without being spectacular. he's a confident talker without being an electrifying promo. He seems like an all round nice dude and easy to work with. All of which is a roundabout way of saying I don't find him interesting at all.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
SCU had a good run as champs with one very hot angle but since then the titles have been on fire so Kaz & Sky can't help but look weak in comparison.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Oh I just hate SCU's aesthetic. They seem like great wrestlers but every time they come out I just roll my eyes back into my head and my soul leaves my body

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

What does socal uncensored even mean

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

they hang dong after every match on the FITE streams

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they hang dong after every match on the FITE streams

dang I gotta get a vpn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat The Rich posted:

They hate any town that's not in Southern California

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

sounds rude

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

smarxist posted:

can't get over Jade resplendently draped in nickelodeon gak

i can't get over her arms bulging out of it, god drat she's the best

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
She sounded so natural scolding Sterling for interrupting her too. So much natural alpha female energy in that segment, it was easily her best talking segment so far.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

She sounded so natural scolding Sterling for interrupting her too. So much natural alpha female energy in that segment, it was easily her best talking segment so far.

agreed. her catchphrase is a wee bit lame imo, so the promo was already an improvement not having to build to her saying Im That Bitch at the end

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m That Bitch is a lame catchphrase but it’s better than talking about being a Badass Mom so she has improved.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jade running into the creative meeting like “okay how about a new catchphrase Mom Is Looking to Fight”

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Eat The Rich posted:

At the risk of not being chill enough: SoCal Uncensored was originally the name of a website that covered indie professional wrestling in Southern California, and given that it was established in like 2001 when wrestling was all about being edgy, they were UNCENSORED in their thoughts about who was getting pushed in WCW or something. Here is their landing page's essay from the earliest Wayback Machine capture:

quote:

Uncensored. You hear that word so much, but is it ever really true? MTV Uncensored covered boobies with black outs and bleeped bad words. DDP could say "poo poo" on WCW Live all he wanted to. When someone said it in the chat room, they were booted. I’m sick of censoring the uncensored. Steve is sick of not having a place to chat with SoCal fans. So, myself, the voice, and Steve, the talent, put our heads together.

SocalUncensored.com is our love child (OK OK OK, so it isn’t our love child, but it’s probably the bastard son of some chick we double-teamed). A totally uncensored web site, all the way around. Your opinions, as well as ours, will be HEARD! No moving posts to a special board, no bullshit censoring in our chat room, and no endless shilling of ourselves as heroes. We are here for YOU, the Socal fan. If it has to do with wrestling and California, prepare to see it here. WWF, WCW, ECW or indy, this WILL be the place to talk about it freely.

Free expression: it’s not a privilege, its a loving right. You don’t have to kiss rear end to avoid being censored. All we ask is you don’t act like an rear end in a top hat, or you will be treated like an rear end in a top hat. As for the workers reading this, don’t worry. I am not Dave Meltzer. This is not a dirt sheet. If I caught Samoa Joe in the back of his car banging three chicks and a donkey at the same time, you would not hear about it on this site. If Sabu signs a WWF deal, and wants it kept quiet, it will NOT be here.

This is not a place to expose the business. The other sites do enough of it already. By the way, don’t be a pussy. Stand behind what you say. If you are a worker and you want to tell-all on our message board or chat room, have the balls to say who you are. We may or may not agree with you, but you have the right to say it. That goes for fans too.

Welcome to SocalUncensored.com. We are not a news site. We do not put ourselves over as better than anyone else. We are not Socal-Wrestling.com or CAwrestling.com (no diss to either site. They’re great sites. I’m just saying this is something totally different). SocalUncensored.com is here for you, the fans, the workers and the lovers of wrestling in Southern California and around the world.
Ya jack?
Daniels and Kazarian were two of the big names in this era of indie wrestling in California, and about a decade ago they started tagging in TNA and later in Ring of Honor and elsewhere. They were part of other stables and had other tag team names that the eventually shed, either because those promotions owned the names or they just got sick of them, I'm honestly not sure.

About five years ago they added Scorpio Sky to their team and started calling themselves SoCal Uncensored because all three wrestlers had come up in the scene covered by the website.

This evolved into them being SoCal loving, Everywhere Else Hating heels, which quickly evolved into them getting pops for yelling "SCU" and declaring every place outside of SoCal the worst place they have ever been. By the time AEW started, so many of the signifiers that had accumulated over 10-20 years really didn't make much sense, from the name to Christopher Daniels still having remnants of his old cult leader "Fallen Angel" and militaristic "Ring General" gimmicks worked into his ring gear/move names. I can see why it's confusing, like watching comedy Rock & Sock Connection promos in 2000.

"Oh, that's goofy family man Mick Foley, who wrote a best-selling memoir. He's wearing a leather bondage mask, a dress shirt and tie, sweatpants, and a sock on his hand. He's called Mankind because he was a Hannibal Lecter style serial killer a few years ago. Don't worry about it!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

Kazarian's great but Scorp's turned out to be aggressively bland

Well yeah any normal candle (scorp's average charisma) is going to look dull by comparison to a raging bonfire (it's not confidence it's all-consuming flames of personal magnetism)

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

jesus WEP posted:

jade running into the creative meeting like “okay how about a new catchphrase Mom Is Looking to Fight”

wouldnt hurt her a bit. having those abs and being a mom just makes her more impressive

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

jesus WEP posted:

moms are tough

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Eat The Rich posted:

Oh I just hate SCU's aesthetic.

DO YA?!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:allears:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Can’t two to three divorced dads have fun on the weekdays they don’t have their kids without everyone getting so worked up about it?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don't know what SCU's aesthetic is/was. It always seemed like "some wrestlers" to me

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

kitten emergency posted:

moms are tough

Put a child underneath Great Khali, Khali is getting slammed by said child's mom

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lumbermouth posted:

Can’t two to three divorced dads have fun on the weekdays they don’t have their kids without everyone getting so worked up about it?

"It's the DDT! Divorced Dad Technique!"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I really like Kaz because for whatever reason guys who were trained by Killer Kowalski have an extra level of credibility to me, probably because I was big into the Eliminators.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I really like Kaz because for whatever reason guys who were trained by Killer Kowalski have an extra level of credibility to me, probably because I was big into the Eliminators.

Triple H was trained by Killer Kowalski :thunkher:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIJMr8urig

Butcher is entirely out of character, and it's a real joy to listen to him.

He has a dog named Terry Funk :cool: .

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Triple H was trained by Killer Kowalski :thunkher:

I know... I don’t know what the bbcode for the little Tetris man falling down in despair is.

Germansimp posted:

I love Butch so much, him and Blade’s ep of Talk is Jericho is so good. He talks about how he sees their gimmick as like the eccentric super henchman the big bad brings in from out of town in a B action movie and I love it.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 21, 2021

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I know... I don’t know what the bbcode for the little Tetris man falling down in despair is.

:negative:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does anyone else think the pinnacle vs inner circle feud is a metaphor? Like the whole thing is MJF and the boys just want to be cool wrestlers and have good matches like actual wrestling shows do but Jericho keeps injecting his idiotic Vincebrained nonsense into everything and ruining it??? Like maybe MJF is tony khan trying to save aew from certain individuals with dumb neck tattoos who want the show to be idiotic because they just want to go back to the slop they came up in??? And only the fans on PSTJP are smart enough to see it? He's booking to us, folks. Watch the symbols.

the preceding either was or was not a joke depending on whether people laugh at it

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jade seems to be in a holding pattern until Britt becomes the new champ. It seems strange that someone with Jade's personality and success hasn't said "I want this goddamn title right now and none of you can beat me" etc. I imagine that will happen when Britt wins.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Butch is in the top 2-3 of AEW folks I'd like to hang out with, he seems chill as hell

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

a cyborg mug posted:

I don't know what SCU's aesthetic is/was. It always seemed like "some wrestlers" to me
Like I said, it's just a sort of weird acumulation of stuff over years and years. If you were following Christopher Daniels since the early RoH days you're familiar with all of the component parts slowing added over time, but if you're coming in at AEW it's just a bizarre bricolage that I'm not really sure they made any effort to explain.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

wouldnt hurt her a bit. having those abs and being a mom just makes her more impressive

The abs helped in child birth. Just flexing the right way shoots the baby out like a drat canon. No one ever tried it before Jade, she's a genius.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Edge & Christian posted:

Like I said, it's just a sort of weird acumulation of stuff over years and years. If you were following Christopher Daniels since the early RoH days you're familiar with all of the component parts slowing added over time, but if you're coming in at AEW it's just a bizarre bricolage that I'm not really sure they made any effort to explain.

Honestly how much do you need to explain to get CD enough to enjoy his matches? As someone who's only experience with him before AEW was appeltini gifs, his character is clear enough. Sure I'm probably missing some really deep lore, but he has an ankh tattoo so the fallen angel nickname just tells me he was a goth or teater kid earlier in his life.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
apparently Dynamite is preempted and showing on Friday for like the next 3 weeks. I mean, at least it's not for a dog show but still gently caress that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
now how am I going to act like it's Friday when it's really only Wednesday? It will really be Friday!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love both kenny and don trying not to laugh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

now how am I going to act like it's Friday when it's really only Wednesday? It will really be Friday!

wait what's today then? Tuesday? this has got me all hosed up! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Germansimp posted:

He's such a sweetheart :3: