Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
from the keto people ive known, it seems like being keto is even a bigger pain in the rear end than being vegan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

baw posted:

from the keto people ive known, it seems like being keto is even a bigger pain in the rear end than being vegan

I’m in ketosis, bro

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

baw posted:

not really - just eat only animals. easy.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

antipope posted:

not really - just eat only animals. easy.

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo
:pray:

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

once you stop making GBS threads your pants the carnivore diet is pretty sweet

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

corgiwizard posted:

once you stop making GBS threads your pants the carnivore diet is pretty sweet

joke’s on you, I’ll never stop making GBS threads my pants

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

joke’s on you, I’ll never stop making GBS threads my pants

shitosis

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My old department head was into keto and she would eat blocks of cream cheese.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Jahn Teigen?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Low carb, the idea: lean meat, high-fiber vegetables, a little fruit

Low carb, the goon: "I'm eating bacon grease with a spoon but not losing weight, what's wrong?"

E: It actually just occurred to me you could totally do the actual good idea version of low carb while staying vegan, just replace the meat with tofu or seitan. An entire cup of lettuce has one gram of carbs, a cup of broccoli has like 3.5 aside from non-soluble fiber. Eat your loving vegetables.

22 Eargesplitten has issued a correction as of 10:12 on May 21, 2021

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

breadnsucc has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Aug 21, 2021

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

baw posted:

it had 17 participants

Lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I thought preachy vegans were annoying but mother of god they've got nothing on preachy carnivores

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mayor Dave posted:

I thought preachy vegans were annoying but mother of god they've got nothing on preachy carnivores

People get incredibly insulted when THEY ask you a question and you respond with you are vegan. I had a dude who used to tell me about all the meat he ate in a day everytime he saw me. I have a coworker who likes to chew meat product he is eating very loudly if i'm at my desk for lunch.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Greg Legg posted:

My old department head was into keto and she would eat blocks of cream cheese.

That actually sounds more keto than most people I know do. Keto is actually an effective diet for treating children with epilepsy.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=160&contentid=120

This is what a single meal would look like for a child on keto.

53 g eggs
10 g cheddar cheese
10 g bacon
21 g butter
60 g heavy cream
21 g strawberries

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That actually sounds more keto than most people I know do. Keto is actually an effective diet for treating children with epilepsy.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=160&contentid=120

53 g eggs
10 g cheddar cheese
10 g bacon
21 g butter
60 g heavy cream
21 g strawberries

that sounds terrible actually

like imagine eating a meal that rich 3x a day

baw
Nov 5, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

People get incredibly insulted when THEY ask you a question and you respond with you are vegan. I had a dude who used to tell me about all the meat he ate in a day everytime he saw me. I have a coworker who likes to chew meat product he is eating very loudly if i'm at my desk for lunch.

ive probably already said it before itt, but ive known a lot of ethical vegans who give the "i dont like meat" answer when someone asks why theyre vegan because they dont want to be bombarded with bad faith questions from insecure people

baw
Nov 5, 2008

this thread is now dedicated to unravelling this meme

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

53 g eggs
10 g cheddar cheese
10 g bacon
21 g butter
60 g heavy cream
21 g strawberries

I had a student who had a keto diet at school and he loving hated it so the parents took him off. I don't think he was on it for epilepsy though.

But yeah if it comes up that I am vegan I'll usually just say I don't like meat. I don't like going out to eat with some people because they like to make a big deal about asking vegan options and it makes me uncomfortable.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

normal people are lunatics

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

baw posted:

ive probably already said it before itt, but ive known a lot of ethical vegans who give the "i dont like meat" answer when someone asks why theyre vegan because they dont want to be bombarded with bad faith questions from insecure people

I don’t tell anyone I’m vegan but they piece it together based on my “whoa wtf weird” food choices and trying to avoid dairy and eggs. I’m also sober and don’t drink alcohol, not sure which one draws more insecure ire. probably the veganism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

baw posted:

this thread is now dedicated to unravelling this meme

its very simple, these two muscled men can easily beat up a vegan :smug:

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Plot Twist: Non-Vegan Leftists are not Leftists because Non-Vegans are not Leftists.

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacemang_spliff posted:

that sounds terrible actually

like imagine eating a meal that rich 3x a day

Guess those kids should just harden the gently caress up and just deal with epilepsy loving their development up or killing them

The poo poo about kidney stones is also totally fake fearmongering, but whats new from vegans

Vegans who are apparently totally happy to dismiss randomised control trial evidence, even when it was their guy who designed the study. Hint: the biggest problems with that study is not that it only includes 17 subjects.

antipope has issued a correction as of 00:40 on May 22, 2021

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

antipope posted:

. Hint: the biggest problems with that study is not that it only includes 17 subjects.

Lmfao

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

More white noise? Am I surprised?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

antipope posted:

More white noise? Am I surprised?

Buddy your entire life is white noise

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

baw posted:

This is such projection. Everyone's diet is getting more and more carb-heavy, we have skyrocketing diabetes and heart disease, food poverty is chronic, we have abandoned any semblance of scientific independence, and you want to make it all about some imaginary personality politics? Pull your head out, no normal person even thinks about veganism nevermind talks about it.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

antipope posted:

This is such projection. Everyone's diet is getting more and more carb-heavy, we have skyrocketing diabetes and heart disease, food poverty is chronic, we have abandoned any semblance of scientific independence, and you want to make it all about some imaginary personality politics? Pull your head out, no normal person even thinks about veganism nevermind talks about it.
utterly convinced that you speak to nobody in your daily life

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"Absolutely no one ever lectures anyone about how veganism is bad" says the poster who has spent this whole thread lecturing us on how veganism is bad.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
my local Chinese food place made me a sick garlic vegan tofu and vegetable dish after I talked with them, hopefully I don’t die of lack of protein overnight

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

my local Chinese food place made me a sick garlic vegan tofu and vegetable dish after I talked with them, hopefully I don’t die of lack of protein overnight

luckily for you and unfortunate for antipope, soy is a complete protein and thus you are fine

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Antipope have you dropped the soy has estrogen line yet?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

docbeard posted:

"Absolutely no one ever lectures anyone about how veganism is bad" says the poster who has spent this whole thread lecturing us on how veganism is bad.

Even better, more than half his posts ever seem to be in this thread, no idea who he's a rereg of though.

antipope
May 2, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Antipope have you dropped the soy has estrogen line yet?

idk about estrogen specifically, but soy (as all legumes) contains a lot of phytic acid, which is bad for many reasons;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlVfwJ6RQU&t=975s

of course, non-vegans may be able to avoid serious deficiencies even if they eat soy, because of the high levels of dietary minerals in animal foods in their diets

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
it’s about ethics in veganism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
What are some good vegan recipes for me, a goon with no cooking skills whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

antipope posted:

Guess those kids should just harden the gently caress up and just deal with epilepsy loving their development up or killing them

The poo poo about kidney stones is also totally fake fearmongering, but whats new from vegans

Vegans who are apparently totally happy to dismiss randomised control trial evidence, even when it was their guy who designed the study. Hint: the biggest problems with that study is not that it only includes 17 subjects.

lmao