Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

When I first played this on the Xbox 360 versus now is crazy. The voice acting was amazing and I didn’t appreciate it at the time. But this game does bleed from that time. The quests sucked. I was ready to quit halfway through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kobal2 posted:

Used to be a pre-order or "game bought from shop X" thing I believe

That was for ME3, it's new for ME2. Bioware back ported some of the casual clothing options from ME3 to ME2 for this collection.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veotax posted:

I think the unique dialogue for Engineer is in Omega, not Citidel. You have a situation where every class has to make a choice to do something quick and endanger civilians or slow and put Aria in danger and piss her off, Engineer however can just hit a button to do it quickly with no consequences because they know what they're doing.

There's also a bit in Citadel when you're infiltrating the party. When Brooks starts explaining the tracing wiring to deal with security stuff, Shepard cuts her off because she already knows this poo poo thank you. Brooks admits that she forgot that Shepard is an engineer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rabid Snake posted:

I’m also loving Mass effect 1 post credits song though. It’s giving me huge David Bowie vibes. Gonna listen to ground control to major Tom now...

I really like Styx's "The Outpost" from the "The Mission" album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3-Wjj_WKM

(this is what sold me on the whole album)

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Is there a simple list out there of which optional stuff in ME1 adds to anything at all in the sequels? Stuff like Helena Blake, letting Fist live, etc. I'm coming up on the end of ME1 and I know my bad brain is going to make me play through it one or two more times, and I'd like to know for sure what's 100% skippable for the next time through.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Walrus Pete posted:

Is there a simple list out there of which optional stuff in ME1 adds to anything at all in the sequels? Stuff like Helena Blake, letting Fist live, etc. I'm coming up on the end of ME1 and I know my bad brain is going to make me play through it one or two more times, and I'd like to know for sure what's 100% skippable for the next time through.

https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer

Don't skip the ME3 section either, some things that don't have any effect in ME2 will have an effect in ME3.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Fantastic, thank you :)

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Did they fix the Conrad import issue in the LE?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

mastajake posted:

Did they fix the Conrad import issue in the LE?

Nope. Guessing it's because they made the bug canon in ME3.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Thom12255 posted:

Nope. Guessing it's because they made the bug canon in ME3.

Probably, a lot of similar issues are fixed. Mostly announcements.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
You may now commence freaking out:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only Conrad scene that exists in 3 is his "Sorry I claimed you pulled a gun on me, I was confused" one if you Paragoned him in 2 (because Renegading him in 2 gets him killed) so they could either fix it and have that not make sense, or keep it and at least have it covering for itself.

Even if you fix the bug in 2 with a save editor you get that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

You may now commence freaking out:

Anyone not see this coming?

Good reporting though.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

DancingShade posted:

Anyone not see this coming?

Oh I've been saying this was gonna happen the whole time, yeah. It's a license to print money!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

Oh I've been saying this was gonna happen the whole time, yeah. It's a license to print money!

You're not wrong though.

Fffffuck I don't want to have to re-earn my poo poo from ME3 multiplayer. Someone make a EA voodoo doll and stab it for me. I don't know how to make those.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Screenshots a-hoy

Unimpressed with Harkin's poo poo

Shepard and her cool alien pals. Also Udina.

Katherine Shepard, doing the right thing to save the galaxy

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just got to the Citadel in ME2 and went to the bar where Shepard proceeded to dump the green booze directly into her eye

Edit: Mordin watches on disapprovingly

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Too bad. The Paragon scene for Conrad in ME2 is pretty cool, and the scene in ME3 is just a one-line joke. Wonder if it is still there and accessible by the inevitable save editor?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Vichan posted:

Don't skip the ME3 section either, some things that don't have any effect in ME2 will have an effect in ME3.

oh dammit i let Kirrahe die somehow, oh well whoops

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
How does the new legendary edition handle the various cheevo unlocks from ME1 for stuff like getting to use an assault rifle with any class or whatever?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

CaptainPsyko posted:

How does the new legendary edition handle the various cheevo unlocks from ME1 for stuff like getting to use an assault rifle with any class or whatever?

Bonus powers you mean? You get them all from beating the game once.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

DourCricket posted:

Bonus powers you mean? You get them all from beating the game once.

Not quite.

In ME 1 you get *weapon* powers from beating the game once.

Power bonus powers like Singularity or Warp you unlock by using the power 25 times and getting the achievement. So all you have to do is make a character, level them up enough to use the power, then go Boop Boop Boop with it 25 times while targeting a Citadel mass transit beacon or whatever, get the cheevo, make a new character with the bonus power.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not quite.

In ME 1 you get *weapon* powers from beating the game once.

Power bonus powers like Singularity or Warp you unlock by using the power 25 times and getting the achievement. So all you have to do is make a character, level them up enough to use the power, then go Boop Boop Boop with it 25 times while targeting a Citadel mass transit beacon or whatever, get the cheevo, make a new character with the bonus power.

The one exception to this is AI Hacking, which only counts uses on actual AI.

Just means you have to bring Tali on the dozens of fights against Geth and make sure to pop it whenever you can.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vichan posted:

quote:

Importing a save from Mass Effect 2 with live Prejek Paddlefish, keeping them alive through an entire Mass Effect 3 playthrough AND a Mass Effect 3 New Game+ playthrough will give a special upgrade at the Intel Terminal on the Normandy. The Prejek Paddlefish upgrade grants a 10% bonus to either Weapon Damage or Power Damage.

What the actual hell

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Midnight Voyager posted:

What the actual hell

Lmao I thought I knew everything about mass effect but that is some inspired playground secret poo poo right there.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Midnight Voyager posted:

What the actual hell

lol that rocks. Almost tempted to try doing that

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I got that. :smug:

Because every real fish I got when young died in a week and by god I was not losing my space fish too.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sentinel Red posted:

lmao at whining about voice acting in TYOL 2021. I thought all those losers were confined to RPG Codex or something.

As for the KotoR remake, they should literally do exactly what Saints Row 3 & 4 did and give the player 6 completely different VAs each. Russian Revan has a crush on Jolee, Cockney Revan hates everyone, French Revan ridicules MIssion at every opportunity, Laura Bailey Revan is cool af, etc.

Nolan North plays himself as revan

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Mayor Dave posted:

Nolan North plays himself as revan

Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale as themselves - confused because they were told to show up for recording Mass Effect 4

e-

Theotus posted:

In ME2 are you able to set the difficulty to Insanity on Ng+ for the achievement? Want to do a playthrough to get bonus powers before I try to tackle that.

Yes. As long as you set it to Insanity before you leave the station Shep wakes up on and keep it until the end of the Suicide Mission.

However - ME2 was not designed for NG+ originally so it is pretty wonky. You may find NG+ Insanity more difficult than NG insanity due to enemy scaling. At least that was the case originally, they may have changed it for the LE.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 21, 2021

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

In ME2 are you able to set the difficulty to Insanity on Ng+ for the achievement? Want to do a playthrough to get bonus powers before I try to tackle that.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I just checked out the C-Sec shop for the very first time just after being made a Spectre... and they're selling the Spectre weapons. Granted I can't even come close to affording them at this point, but they're all there. Wasn't that locked behind getting a million bucks back in the day?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

So I just checked out the C-Sec shop for the very first time just after being made a Spectre... and they're selling the Spectre weapons. Granted I can't even come close to affording them at this point, but they're all there. Wasn't that locked behind getting a million bucks back in the day?

They were, I always ended up buying them WAY early on by selling a bunch of the garbage gear you pick up absolutely EVERYWHERE in the first game.

They will disappear from the store in the Legendary Edition the minute you can afford them though, just a heads up. They unlock again I think before the final mission on Ilos. I appreciated them fixing this because it absolutely broke the game when I had the most powerful weapons available by the second mission. The first game as a whole felt much more balanced in the remaster.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Willatron posted:

They were, I always ended up buying them WAY early on by selling a bunch of the garbage gear you pick up absolutely EVERYWHERE in the first game.

They will disappear from the store in the Legendary Edition the minute you can afford them though, just a heads up. They unlock again I think before the final mission on Ilos. I appreciated them fixing this because it absolutely broke the game when I had the most powerful weapons available by the second mission. The first game as a whole felt much more balanced in the remaster.

They didn't disappear for me. Hopefully that bug gets fixed, that sounds obnoxious.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's funny how the people writing these games couldn't keep straight what the genophage actually does. They usually seem to get it right and talk about it reducing fetus viability, but they still constantly have references to fertile females even though they go out of the way to say it doesn't effect fertility. Even the codex entry about it in 2 gets mix upped and mentions viability and fertility.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ethiser posted:

It's funny how the people writing these games couldn't keep straight what the genophage actually does. They usually seem to get it right and talk about it reducing fetus viability, but they still constantly have references to fertile females even though they go out of the way to say it doesn't effect fertility. Even the codex entry about it in 2 gets mix upped and mentions viability and fertility.

The wrote a bunch of codex fluff that became too complex for the stories they wanted to tell apparently.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The codex stuff is one of my favorite things about ME1. I can eat up all the speculative pseudo-science all day. They started to get really weird with it in ME2 on, like the flimsy justification the codex submits for why all the guns use ammo, and galactic adoption of this paradigm shift within 2 years.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Theotus posted:

They didn't disappear for me. Hopefully that bug gets fixed, that sounds obnoxious.

There's a workaround.

What happens is the level 7 spectre weapons unlock when you get spectre, but the guy at the c-sec desk forgets you qualified as a spectre and won't let you buy them when you return. You can work around this by running a save up to qualifying as a spectre, qualifying as a spectre, running that character over to c-sec, talking to the dude, then loading your main save and also talking to the dude. You have to do this anew (going through the spectre appointment cutscene) each time you want to buy the level 7 weapons.

You can buy the level 10 weapons after virmire.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There's a workaround.

What happens is the level 7 spectre weapons unlock when you get spectre, but the guy at the c-sec desk forgets you qualified as a spectre and won't let you buy them when you return. You can work around this by running a save up to qualifying as a spectre, qualifying as a spectre, running that character over to c-sec, talking to the dude, then loading your main save and also talking to the dude. You have to do this anew (going through the spectre appointment cutscene) each time you want to buy the level 7 weapons.

You can buy the level 10 weapons after virmire.

The VII weapons are also showing up at the Normandy Requisition officer for me as well, so maybe also check there if C Sec guy won't sell them to you.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

FYI they didn't fix the saren fight bug. If you bring biotics or play as a biotic, set your allies to defensive and don't use any offensive powers.

The game hard crashes after one of the cutscenes still if you use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I currently have the trilogy installing on PS4. In wondering how far into the game the play now feature lets you go?

I assume it's just Eden Prime.