Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/gloomfather/status/1395385695364075520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dudes Rock

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/mrgracemugabe/status/1395530854068146178

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

yup

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The lost Virgil Tape
The Christman Freestyle album
The Felix erotica novel

If you can collect the three hidden Chapo relics you get to replace Virgil as the new host.

The truth about Syria

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gay podcaster Virgil Texas

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Virgil tape is like the tape from the end of Grizzly Man. Werner recommends you do not listen to it.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

But HOW do I email virgil? Admin@virgiltexas.org ?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

the Virgil tape is like the tape from the end of Grizzly Man. Werner recommends you do not listen to it.

That was such bullshit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

NienNunb posted:

Dudes Rock

Fantastic beard diversity

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

uber_stoat posted:

Someone put the intro to this week’s Bad Faith where Virgil announces he’s leaving over the footage from Grizzly Man please.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

matt seems a lot happier/healthier after the move to LA

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

shrike82 posted:

did the rest of them move too or are they just passing through. if they're getting out of NY good for them, gently caress New York.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

virgil's decision making for the past year and a half has been based entirely on steve-o levels of drug abuse, which no judgement, but maybe not the wisest course of action to take.

he was the most radlib of the group and got upset any time anyone was mildly critical of the current implementation of identity politics (ie the fact that its all identity with no politics attached) so im not surprised to see him go. ive tried to watch a couple of episodes of the bad faith podcast but it is extremely annoying to me in the same way all of the sorta podsave/ chapo-lites-for-homework-kids have been. its like sitting in on a zoom call with your most annoying coworkers.

it seems like it's tailored more to the kinda soft-left warren crowd, which is weird because BJG is like judas to those people

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Bad Faith has cool guests sometimes, and there was a really good episode I liked that had Dave Anthony on it. I would say as a whole it's just kinda there for the most part. Also like, still talking about Force The Vote is pretty weird

The dollop introduced me to Chapo so I will always have a special place in my heart for them.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

virgil's decision making for the past year and a half has been based entirely on steve-o levels of drug abuse, which no judgement, but maybe not the wisest course of action to take.

he was the most radlib of the group and got upset any time anyone was mildly critical of the current implementation of identity politics (ie the fact that its all identity with no politics attached) so im not surprised to see him go. ive tried to watch a couple of episodes of the bad faith podcast but it is extremely annoying to me in the same way all of the sorta podsave/ chapo-lites-for-homework-kids have been. its like sitting in on a zoom call with your most annoying coworkers.

it seems like it's tailored more to the kinda soft-left warren crowd, which is weird because BJG is like judas to those people

i don't think that's very fair, he came back from his absence with them making fun of the white fragility book and he had some pretty good jabs in at it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Really enjoying Felix on the "Secret Wars" episode -- his sympathy for freaks and weirdos is such a great addition. :3:

edit: Boy, this got dark and all-encompassing pretty quickly. :smith:

It was nice to get a reference to "The Conversation" at the end. Such a great movie.

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 21, 2021

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
best console d.va main, best DM. rip

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sometimes Virgil would mispronounce an extremely common gaming term or phrase, like whenever he said “meeda” instead of “Meta”, y’know, the way everyone on earth says that word, and I could never tell if he was trolling or if he’s just the kind of guy whose never, ever used voice chat before because he sounds like a turbo-nerd.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He'd been infected by Will.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Very interesting Will was the only one to say he wasn't CIA

👁️

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Virgil leaves just before they drop a podcast about how some of your friends are probably undercover cops but you shouldn't worry about it eh? :tinfoil:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

He'd been infected by Will.
Would you rother be infected by Will or Felix? Yeah, no.

I marathoned a few Time for My Stories episodes. I can't agree that Tony Soprano is PMC, those soft skills are just easier to pick up than David Brooks believes. And while they didn't mention it, the X-Files episode reminded me that they did a gimmick episode that was an episode of COPS.

Totally by chance, I also caught up on some of their guest appearances, and it was Felix discussing what would become TfMS on Twink Revolution.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 21, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Bust Rodd posted:

Sometimes Virgil would mispronounce an extremely common gaming term or phrase, like whenever he said “meeda” instead of “Meta”, y’know, the way everyone on earth says that word, and I could never tell if he was trolling or if he’s just the kind of guy whose never, ever used voice chat before because he sounds like a turbo-nerd.

virgil was never an actual gamer, he just adopted it as a bit

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Virgil leaves just before they drop a podcast about how some of your friends are probably undercover cops but you shouldn't worry about it eh? :tinfoil:

cops don't have the patience to read theory, if you ever need to weed them out

unfortunately, neither does the typical working person

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I don’t think it hurt the show to have an election wonk on, these things matter even if they almost never go our way. I don’t listen to The Antifada but I did tune into one Virgil was on during the election season and it was basically him just laying out the strategic case to not vote for Biden to Jamie who was having none of it.

lol the Antifada is so bad

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

shrike82 posted:

west coast best coast

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
these people have zero shame and are making a mockery of actual Progressivism

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395779449312919554?s=19

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395780915670945794?s=19

This is why Bootes Riley won't come on the show and i loving hate it everyday he got bamboozled by them :bang:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
The story of that Muslim kid was terrifying in a truly existential way.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

There has to be some middle ground between not joking or speculating at all about the blank spaces around This Show We Enjoy and being a weird stalker asking Amber for feet pics or something. Especially here where we’re talking to other fans of the show and not like right up in their mentions on Twitter. Like be weird but don’t be a weirdo.

Also:

killhamster posted:

west coast best coast

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

these people have zero shame and are making a mockery of actual Progressivism

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395779449312919554?s=19

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395780915670945794?s=19

This is why Bootes Riley won't come on the show and i loving hate it everyday he got bamboozled by them :bang:

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395562472774545409?s=21

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jeremy Corbyn hasn't done enough to root out antisemitism in his party.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

The story of that Muslim kid was terrifying in a truly existential way.

The second season of the Confession Tapes had a loner kid who got entrapped by a highly paid confidential informant at his mosque. Sometime during the months the CI was trying to talk him into poo poo he'd gone to Pakistan for a family wedding and the feds claimed he'd gone for terrorism training and broke him down enough to "confess" to it. Except the site where he said the camp was located is a dense forest and was practically walking distance from a CIA office and they never went to check. He got 20 something years if I remember right.

I used to be big into conspiracy stuff and would even read all those Disinformation books and this was the first I heard of McVeigh not being able to build the bomb. It wasn't a super complicated deal. It is funny that one of my Disinformation books did claim there was a third unknown involved with OKC but they left out it was just a guy who happened to be at the Ryder rental in a Panthers hat or something and they knew who it was.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 21, 2021

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/mike13159/status/1395518271424765960

I really hope this is actually Brace

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Alright "Brace," if that is your real name,

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Took 525 episodes but we finally got a chairman bob reference

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Proust Malone posted:

Took 525 episodes but we finally got a chairman bob reference

The Pick 'n Save / Roundy's guy?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Rude of Chapos to call out my posting job

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

dreffen posted:

The Pick 'n Save / Roundy's guy?

Bob Avakian, Chairman of the Revolutionary communist party. The Revolution books people if you’ve ever been to Berkeley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The new QAA is really good. Got Dave Anthony on and they got some anonymous crew members from Jim Caviezel's CBS show to share stories of how he's a mush-brained moron.

Dude literally spews fake accented gibberish at anyone he meets who isn't white.