Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol they didn't secure the name

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
can we get victoria 3 gangtags now

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Haha that's a heck of mistake with the Twitter

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Here is an article about Vicky 3 and here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

what

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I had forgotten how good the stellaris music is. Too bad about the rest of the game.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't see mana in the screenshots.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Those screenshots on Steam are surprisingly advanced

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaius Marius posted:

Paradox Grand Strategy: Vicky 4 when

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Hellioning posted:

Here is an article about Vicky 3 and here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

Also jesus is this good poo poo. It's the opposite of dumbing down, everything that's actually important has been taken to the next level.

Like, I wouldn't have dared to put all of this poo poo into a wishlist.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Demon_Corsair posted:

I had forgotten how good the stellaris music is. Too bad about the rest of the game.

The game is awesome, Wiz fixed it :colbert:. The music definitely slaps

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hellioning posted:

Article posted:

They've done away with Victoria 2's problematic "civilized" vs "uncivilized" distinction, with smaller countries outside the European sphere of influence instead being "unrecognized." This basically means that the Great Powers of the era don't see you as an equal, and can bully you without causing so much diplomatic fuss.
Can't believe they're forcing politics into the game.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

the reddit data dump posted:

Loyalist POPs (and Radicals) can die off, which causes intergenerational conflict. If you had an era of prosperity that generated a lot of Loyalists, and then they die, the younger generation with worse economic opportunities might suddenly be not so happy and change the loyalty and attitude of your Interest Groups.

seriously

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

Command Economies do not allow Capitalists or Aristocrats to be employed in your nation, so they will have to find a new job or leave.

Oh I can think of a third option that should be on the table for the player to take

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mokotow posted:

Those screenshots on Steam are surprisingly advanced

They’ve been working on it for around 3 years.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think the idea of interest groups is to make a more granular way of handling politics than the weird poles that Vicky 2 had so they could get rid of things like 'anarcho-liberalism' just to fill a spot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh I can think of a third option that should be on the table for the player to take

Never said they weren't leaving in a body bag

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Dirk Pitt posted:

The game is awesome, Wiz fixed it :colbert:. The music definitely slaps

I love the early game exploration, but the game really starts to slow down and drag when you hit the mid game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That's a capacity, not mana.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hellioning posted:

What the gently caress, wiz if you pull this off you're a God amongst men

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

Glad Vic3 is finally announced, but saddened they did not do so on April 1st.

It's not a true Victoria game unless someone writes the entire economy code in one week in a blackout drunken haze and then quits the company.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I expect we get a special thanks credit section in the game, based on how many ideas are clearly from this very thread.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

In fairness, they did not specify what they were leaving.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Gonna play my first game without taking a province, and enjoy it

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Do we have a thread for Victoria 3 yet?

Also, no mana confirmed in dev diary 0:

"Oh, and before you start speculating crazily about what is and is not in the game: No, there is no mana!

Now, there is going to be a lot of dev diaries going forward to dig into the mechanics of the game, but to wrap up this dev diary I want to briefly touch on the four game design pillars that we have been following when designing and building Victoria 3:

National Gardening: Building, shaping, tweaking and evolving your nation is the first and foremost focus of the game. Events outside your country’s borders can naturally affect your country in significant ways, but the game should never rely on war to provide the main source of enjoyment.
Diplomatic Eminence: War is a continuation of diplomacy, and everything that is achievable by war should also be achievable through diplomacy (even if that diplomacy sometimes comes at the point of a gun).
Everything is Political: Politics is at the heart of Victoria 3, and all major features should in some way tie back into the Pops and Interest Groups that form the core of the game’s politics.
Era of Change: The Victorian era was a time of immense change politically, technologically, culturally, militarily and socially, and these changes should be reflected in the experience of playing a campaign of Victoria 3."

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why the heck is the duke from res 8 doing this conference

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Can't wait to make an anarchist commune out of the USA.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
And now the true wait begins. And also wondering which country I'm going to go with for my first playthrough. Japan was always pretty fun in V2.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i made an oath to myself if this game happened i would make an AzeriLP overhaul for it, so time to reread that I guess.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The descentralized governments mechanic seems brilliant!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
🤌🤌🤌 Wiz 🤌🤌🤌

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
No armed conflict sounds a ton of fun. I cannot wait to get into this game

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

No armed conflict sounds a ton of fun. I cannot wait to get into this game

Same. Wars are my least favorite part of GSGs and 4x games, so I'm excited to see you that doesn't focus on war at all.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I still hope it's possible for a Great War to break out towards the end of the game, though. Doesn't feel right to reach endgame without a War to End All Wars, especially if the game lets you build complex networks of alliances that end with you declaring war on yourself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

alcaras posted:

National Gardening: Building, shaping, tweaking and evolving your nation is the first and foremost focus of the game. Events outside your country’s borders can naturally affect your country in significant ways, but the game should never rely on war to provide the main source of enjoyment.
Diplomatic Eminence: War is a continuation of diplomacy, and everything that is achievable by war should also be achievable through diplomacy (even if that diplomacy sometimes comes at the point of a gun).
I guess Wiz learned a lot of how not to do its from his time on Stellaris

Splicer fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 21, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I still hope it's possible for a Great War to break out towards the end of the game, though. Doesn't feel right to reach endgame without a War to End All Wars, especially if the game lets you build complex networks of alliances that end with you declaring war on yourself.

It sounds like they've brought over the Crisis system from Vicky 2 so undoubtedly a great war will break out over some tiny stretch of land.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Hellioning posted:

here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

there's a lot of really good stuff in here

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Hype

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Alchenar posted:

It's not a true Victoria game unless someone writes the entire economy code in one week in a blackout drunken haze and then quits the company.

well, the original game director did do some weird stuff and then quit (3 times!), so there's that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012