Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Strong "yet you participate in society" energy.

To that end, wouldn't anybody genuinely in favour of ending antisemitism not use twitter since Jack is a neonazi? Prolly just a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wonder if Glenn Greenwald has anything to say about Ngo targeting a young woman!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/finaldaft/status/1395522275219288068

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

what’s hot about that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this seems entirely correct

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
give back panzerschokolade

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

indigi posted:

wonder if Glenn Greenwald has anything to say about Ngo targeting a young woman!

Glenn loves targeting young female journalists, haven't you heard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/status/1395524167781527552?s=20

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

yeah by cops after he spit on a rich dude

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

That's a weird way to spell Diogenes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mycomancy posted:

That's a weird way to spell Diogenes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Socrates

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No one's cancelled Zizek yet so weirdo philosophers still seem to be fine

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/eeberquist/status/1395748680427266050

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Kitfox88 posted:

yeah by cops after he spit on a rich dude

Socrates was fine with rich dudes and spent a lot of time with them.

Zizek has been canceled sort of in that many platforms are barred to him, he just doesn't complain about it too much and keeps on trucking.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/shesnatural_j/status/1395367796205256710?s=19

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

The most wholesome nutriment for man is plain food. An accumulation of flavours is injurious, and still more so, if heightened by sauces. All acrid elements are difficult of digestion, and the same is the case if food is devoured greedily, or in too large quantities. Food is also less easily digested in summer than in winter, and in old age than in youth. The vomits which man has invented, by way of remedy for this evil, render the body more cold, and are more particularly injurious to the eyes and teeth.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Socrates would have been invited to one of Epstein`s parties for the prestige of having him there. But he would weird everyone out by asking where they keep the supple young boys and be kicked out of the cool guy`s club.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

probably didn't notice the stomachache between the bouts of making GBS threads out worms and coughing up blood

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This has strong "Black women don't naturally menstruate, that only happens due to "toxins"" vibes.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Socrates sucked poo poo just like all philosophers before me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This has strong "Black women don't naturally menstruate, that only happens due to "toxins"" vibes.

lol excuse me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/shesnatural_j/status/1395423169071042560

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/RaxKingIsDead/status/1395499575750893573

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

If Foucault was out philosophizing in American society today, he would be cancelled real quick

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This is the good and correct post. Yes to nipple bondage, no to cops

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what’s hot

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/leftcomorg/status/1395353828149633024?s=19

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That doesn't seem like a hot take either. Guys, this is the communism forum.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
struggles for national self-determination have NOTHING to do with communism! now let me take a big sip of coffee while looking at all of recorded history

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

leftcom is not affiliated with libcop i hope

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ferrinus posted:

struggles for national self-determination have NOTHING to do with communism! now let me take a big sip of coffee while looking at all of recorded history

That's what I mean, though

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol the actual text is the real hot take.

quote:

Despite this it would also be a mistake to conclude, as so many on the so-called “Left” do, that the struggle in Israel/Palestine is imperialist on one side only. Sure, US imperialism is still the most powerful force on the planet. Thanks to its finance over the last 73 years, it has created in Israel a formidable regional power despite being a tiny state of less than 10 million people. In a reversal of the Biblical tale, the Goliath is now US-Israel and David is the Palestinians backed by Iran, Qatar and Turkey (and, on occasion, Egypt). Qatar pays the (low) wages of teachers and doctors in Gaza whilst Iran supplies drones and the parts to assemble rockets in Gaza. Small beer compared with the billions that go to Israel but the imperialism of the underdog is still imperialism, and no state can escape from its clutches as this is the nature of today’s highly concentrated capitalism.

Hamas claims that it launched its missile attacks as a response to the attempts to evict Arabs from East Jerusalem. This may at best be only partly true. Some of the Hamas military leaders have recently been in Tehran, and Iran has recently suffered a series of setbacks at the hands of the US and Israel. After years in which Iran has extended its influence to Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, as well as sponsoring Hamas, and the Houthis in Yemen, the last few years have brought some setbacks. In April, not only did Israel (with some help from the US), once again demonstrate its capacity for sabotage of the power grid of the Iranian nuclear power plant at Natanz, but Mossad also managed to attach mines to an Iranian ship in the Red Sea. These are not the only reverses suffered by Iran in the last couple of years. Its nuclear engineers and generals like Soleimani have been murdered by Israel and the US respectively. Trump may have gone but the de facto alliance between the US and Israel remains as before. Netanyahu acts militarily in his own interests but Israel also is the most reliable regional ally of the US against Iran (especially since the Saudis have failed so badly in Yemen). The reward for its actions against Iran are US ratification of Israeli annexations on the West Bank and the Golan Heights, as well as the possible annexation of East Jerusalem. Biden called Trump’s decisions foolish at the time but has done nothing to reverse them since coming to office and three times last week the US vetoed resolutions in the UN Security Council aimed at ending the conflict.

The imperialist machinations do not stop there. In order to defeat US sanctions (which are almost global in reach) China and Iran have signed a 25 year global cooperation agreement which means China will invest in Iran, and buy its oil (at a discount). The accord also includes military cooperation but the details remain secret. The populations of Palestine and Israel are at the end of the predatory food chain of imperialism. They may be under the illusion that the conflict is about “the right of self-determination” but the harsh reality is that they are pawns in a bigger game.

edit: lol I missed that the title is Neither Israel, Nor Palestine: No War but the Class War. haha wtf

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Third Way State Solution

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao Qatari and Irani imperialism

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Grevling posted:

Socrates was fine with rich dudes and spent a lot of time with them.

Zizek has been canceled sort of in that many platforms are barred to him, he just doesn't complain about it too much and keeps on trucking.

this is what I get for posting when I just wake up :negative:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Technically no. Not all of them.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Celiac disease used to be a 100% fatal illness that simply killed about 1% of toddlers. They discovered the connection to gluten because of food rationing during World War II that led to infant food being made without wheat in it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1395883355531587585?s=20

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_next_general_elections

the 'fairness' column

Adbot