Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh it's that vid? I saw it on reddit a while back instead it was nuclear energy holding back climate change or whatever.

Does anyone know the actual origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Its an animated short from 2015, "A Tale of Momentum and Inertia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2dqFCU67Q

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I knew that looked familiar from some where, and now it's Israeli propaganda.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

The directory, Kameron Gates, has an Instagram post from last year about South American dictators reposting the last part of the clip without the first.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJJ26VdBg7_/?igshid=i0igq8knvj73

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
Cyberpunk future coming in hot

https://twitter.com/natsecHeather/status/1395795369833992194?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This will end well

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/300313998/ioc-vp-tokyo-olympics-will-go-ahead-even-if-theres-a-state-of-emergency

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's too much money wrapped up in it for the show not to go on.

How many of these events can just be run as single instead of group competitions and let the clock decide? Can cross-country runners not run alone? Swimmers can't run two at a time in lanes on opposite ends of the pool?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's too much money wrapped up in it for the show not to go on.

How many of these events can just be run as single instead of group competitions and let the clock decide? Can cross-country runners not run alone? Swimmers can't run two at a time in lanes on opposite ends of the pool?

With how well our worldwide covid response went I’m sure we could figure out the logistics for a socially distanced worldwide athletic competition.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Prime excuse to get rid of wrestling as an olympic event.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You'll never figure out the logistics for the human petri dish that is olympic village although it's probably statistically safer than the human petri dish The Villages

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1395790089310064651?s=21

Edit: update

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1395808138213957634?s=21

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 21, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
its a good sign when they cave before the demands are even out

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
So we went from 4 to 2.3 to 1.7? That was fast.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Technically, yes, but there is certainly something to the psychology of hearing someone coming up behind or pacing someone to sprint past.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

not caring here posted:

Prime excuse to get rid of wrestling as an olympic event.

And replace is with wrasslin'

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ded posted:

its a good sign when they cave before the demands are even out

They've been negotiating for a while now.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

100% agree.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

RFC2324 posted:

I'll accept this, on the condition that anyone even remotely referring to themselves as a gladiator finds their way into a match with a lion.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Remember Tulsi Gabbard?

She doing fine.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FrozenVent posted:

Remember Tulsi Gabbard?

I'd really rather not.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Remember Tulsi Gabbard?

She doing fine.

whats this in reference to?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Defenestrategy posted:

Probably critical race theory or as I like to call it literally the history of humans.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Defenestrategy posted:

Mayor Lori Lightfoot chooses only reporters of color for interviews ahead of 2-year-anniversary, sparking debate over media diversity and access

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Every time I see the name Lightfoot, my brain immediately starts up with "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

Probably critical race theory or as I like to call it literally the history of humans.

Yeah they're going ballistic on it on fox news as of late which leads me to believe it's 100% factual

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

FrozenVent posted:

Remember Tulsi Gabbard?

She doing fine.

is she also a proponent of white genocide?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Much like the $2000 check thing I'm sure some lib luminaries will step in soon to tell us we were wrong to think the words and numbers that were said actually meant what words and numbers mean

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tooting my own horn here but this thread told me I was stupid when I said that the infrastructure bill won’t actually do poo poo except be a partisan battleground that won’t help anybody and they should just concentrate on financial relief for covid. At least if they did that some of the pennies may fall to people who need them.

But I’m sure when we get like $50bn for actual infrastructure and $950bn for the MIC people will tell me it’s fine because we neeeeed that $50bn for infrastructure.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You idiot, this will also be pointed to as what will give people jobs when unemployment runs out and people start losing their homes and going destitute because the economy and job market is still totally hosed!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
As a member of the MIC i've decided to forsake my morals and lobby for $950b for the MIC and a $4,000 raise for me.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It never fails to amaze me how readily the Dems will turn around and own-goal themselves.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

You idiot, this will also be pointed to as what will give people jobs when unemployment runs out and people start losing their homes and going destitute because the economy and job market is still totally hosed!

Hey man I’m sure whatever money they hash out for infrastructure will go into the pockets of job creators. At least this time they dont have to operate under the pretense of helping individuals, so that’ll relieve some public pressure they face on Twitter.

They should spend months on this and ignore all of the evictions that are going to hit soon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why in gods name would that amaze you

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nice message of “if you throw harmless rocks at us, we will loving end you”.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

No matter how bad the Dems gently caress up or lie etc they have a built in core of people who will scream if you don't back them you're helping the Republicans and also we can't raise wages or have universal healthcare because it's not actually feasible or whatever other excuses. Why would they bother not being assholes?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Infrastructure week: appropriating money to fix bridges* for all of the people getting evicted in the next few months to live under.

*money not guaranteed to fix any infrastructure. The bridge may fall on you and you will die. We don’t care tho, did you see the new missile we sold to Israel**?

**israel purchased this missile with money we appropriated in the infrastructure bill and sent them. They killed a buncha kids with it. Infrastructure week!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Jose_Pagliery/status/1395698869783117831?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1395855628875218946?s=19

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1395860645128675330?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A republican today admitted to raping and impregnating a 14 year old who then committed suicide when she was 20. He said it was like Romeo and Juliet.

They are normalizing rape and pedophilia.

I have no faith in Matt Gaetz seeing consequences.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Conservatism and child rape go hand in hand, sometimes literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

boop the snoot posted:

A republican today admitted to raping and impregnating a 14 year old who then committed suicide when she was 20. He said it was like Romeo and Juliet.

They are normalizing rape and pedophilia.

I have no faith in Matt Gaetz seeing consequences.

Matt Gertz on the other hand...