Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like having some kind of CK lite character system, I haven't played Imperator even though I own it so I'm hoping for good things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
So much of that reddit info dump read to me as "I took the good parts of Pride Of Nations" and as "I actually get why people like Victoria".

I am rock hard.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothingtoseehere posted:

It's not no (wars are still a thing) but it looks like they are dempthsising war as a focus and more as "your mil power is good for bullying others, and you can actually use it at a pinch"
Ah, that makes a lot of sense and yeah, I hope diplomacy is much better here than in Vic 2

RabidWeasel posted:

If they don't manage to pull off "just managing your country will be fun, no wars required" with this one then I'm going to swear off Paradox games forever, I've got sick of the Paradox GSG formula of constant warfare being optimal every time.

Having Wiz at the helm does make it seem at least plausible but after Imperator (which conceptually seemed like an easy win) I'm not taking anything for granted.

No wars...on a game about the 19th century that ends in 1936?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mans posted:

Ah, that makes a lot of sense and yeah, I hope diplomacy is much better here than in Vic 2

No wars...on a game about the 19th century that ends in 1936?

Switzerland and Sweden managed to avoid war from 1836-1936!

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
the nature of man is conflict

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

no wars just vibes

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
If I wanna play Vicky 2 again what are the good mods

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
My hope is that war has a much larger impact on the rest of your nation than in previous games. As in, sending conscripts to die for their better in some war they don't believe in has significant negative effects on stability. And puts a hole in your demographics that reduces your productivity. And so on, instead of the costs being an afterthought.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
The only war in Vicky I'm interested in is the class war!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEKYQ4GOqmk

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Crossing my fingers that WW1 is the apocalyptic hellwar it actually was

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So far I'm very excited about 99% of what I'm seeing. I'm not fully sold on the interest groups mechanic, though. Seems odd to me that classifications of people like the "intelligentsia" or "industrialists" would act as if they have a single shared ideology to work towards together. Maybe it's just the names of the groups that bothers me—I've never heard of intelligentsia solidarity before.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

My hope is that war has a much larger impact on the rest of your nation than in previous games. As in, sending conscripts to die for their better in some war they don't believe in has significant negative effects on stability. And puts a hole in your demographics that reduces your productivity. And so on, instead of the costs being an afterthought.

Yeah it'd be cool if it works out that war really is a last option. Or is at least the hard way to improve your country instead of the easy way.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

AnEdgelord posted:

Crossing my fingers that WW1 is the apocalyptic hellwar it actually was

Of the things Imperator does well, (and it actually does alot well all things considered) is that constant warfare in a region can absolutely annihilate it's population and cripple it for generations so you have an incentive not to let armies run rampant while you beeline their capital.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I've never played Viccy 2 but after sinking too much time into CK2 and EU4 the idea of a paradox game that can make peacetime and internal management interesting sounds incredibly appealing.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Takanago posted:

If I wanna play Vicky 2 again what are the good mods

https://github.com/arkhometha/Historical-Project-Mod

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So far I'm very excited about 99% of what I'm seeing. I'm not fully sold on the interest groups mechanic, though. Seems odd to me that classifications of people like the "intelligentsia" or "industrialists" would act as if they have a single shared ideology to work towards together. Maybe it's just the names of the groups that bothers me—I've never heard of intelligentsia solidarity before.

They don’t. To copy a dev post:

Interest Groups are supported by individuals in Pops rather than whole Pops, so a Pop can lend support to multiple interest groups.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm hopeful the experience is also geared more towards multiplayer and funner to play as "unrecognized" nations like China. It's always fun to be a utterly massive behemoth in industry by civilizing as China but being behind enough in military that you can't piss anyone off.

I hope navies are improved to; navies in Paradox games have been luck lustre but maybe this is where things build off of Hoi4.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ironically, the naval designer for hoi4 would fit vicky3 a lot better than hoi. Since over designed battleships bankrupting a nation fits the Victorian era

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
So anyway, Vicky 3 confirmed

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

no wars just vibes

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wiz posted:

Nice outfit, by the way.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Wiz posted:

Username and post combo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wiz posted:

Where can we buy the shirts?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wiz posted:

Welcome back.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Wiz posted:

not an emptyquote

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Wiz posted:

Can we invoke the Toxx clause on Victoria 3 confirmed jokes.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Wiz posted:

Don't mess it up or you'll suffer the worst of fates: People complaining about you on the internet

haha jk calvinism is real and your damned to that hell already

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
now we must answer the real question

what color is Prussia in Vicky3?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wiz posted:

Thank you based god Wiz

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wiz posted:

hobbesmaster posted:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Wiz posted:

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
hype train around the world

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Wiz posted:

I can’t tell you how happy and excited I am. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Wiz posted:

Seconding a request for shirts. (Or thirding or whatever).

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Wiz posted:

Posting in a Wiz thread

Edit - shirts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AnEdgelord posted:

now we must answer the real question

what color is Prussia in Vicky3?

Yellow as god intended

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yellow as god intended

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yellow as god intended

A friend of mine got into paradox games kind of late. Vicky 2 was the last one he played. He converted a game of Eu4 and came up with his own Alt history, and had a little bit of popularity on reddit from it as he played thru it.

I guess everyone dogged on him since he had yellow Prussia. He said the announcement today is gonna get him to finally get the expansion lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gonna pre-order Vicky 3 and it will turn out as least as well as my decision to pre-order Cyberpunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

eXXon posted:

Gonna pre-order Vicky 3 and it will turn out as least as well as my decision to pre-order Cyberpunk.

Only can go up, up, up!