Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Zaphod42 posted:

Phone posting and don't wanna deal sorry, I'll post cat pics soon

phone posting pics does suck so here is one i don't think i posted here to tide us over until zaphod can deliver:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rated 5

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hello

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

phone posting pics does suck so here is one i don't think i posted here to tide us over until zaphod can deliver:

:ranbowdash:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
We posting cats??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We posting cats??

We call ovals “cat-shaped” now

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Can't have cats because the father in law is allergic. Have a dog.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

thats a cat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He's just small!

But he does act like a cat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We posting cats??

This is actually exactly what stray cat looks like

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Walla posted:

FWIW some breeds are hypoallergenic, like Maine Coons.

E: huh, google says this is a lie. Maybe not... Balinese and Siberian though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh I know. Doesn't matter to him though. Also his mother is deathly afraid of cats because reasons. And since I live with the man I have no say in it.

I'm happy with my little cat in a dog suit. :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that's a good oval

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I need something to play for four days so I re-installed Let It Die. It's a bad game but I kind of want to beat it just to say I did

let it die is awful and i've played 500000 hours of it.

Gaius Marius posted:

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

It's not as dumb as it seems at a glance, imo. Most crime stories are inspired by real life cases.

It's uh, making her a love interest that was getting questionable.

Barudak posted:

Hey now, you can also successfully belittle a party member over the unimportance of their sisters death that they kill themselves.

you can also kiss him unprompted for no reason.

Mix. posted:

the battle themes by toby fox and bo en were pretty good

im not gonna defend yiik but seeing all the stuff that got scrapped as well as what the original ending was supposed to be makes me fascinated by it. its never going to be good but its occupied a lot of my brainspace because of how much it fails on basically every level despite having a lot of stuff that would be good in any other game (assets, music, concepts, even some of the intended plot segments would work in a different game)

but im not gonna get into it because its a bad game and nobody wants to hear me ramble about a bad game that people should not play

There's legitimately some good songs by Andrew Allanson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-NoLS-4iSg

This is basically a perfect theme song for alex, and foreshadows a plot connection later. It's just when they shuffled everything after their mom did, the Allanson siblings made some... questionable choices on what they cut and moved.

Walla posted:

Was there anything good about Yiik? I remember it got a lot of praise when it was released and a week later everyone hated it but I'm too poor to just buy some trash.

People were definitely interested pre-release and some people liked it but... Yeah, it's not great.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 21, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am inspired by the Victoria 3 announcement, I think I might get Anno 1800

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm probably musically illiterate but it's been brought to my attention that the CHRONO CROSS soundtrack that I've listened to so many times reuses/remixes/rearranges melodies and themes from the Chrono Trigger soundtrack that I've listened to so many times.

And apparently there's no youtuber or article doing a breakdown of each of each of these motifs.

Does anyone have a resource to explore this better for those of us without 'the ear'? Or have enough information to create such a thing?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zaphod42 posted:

E: huh, google says this is a lie. Maybe not... Balinese and Siberian though.

FWIW, as someone allergic to cats, even hypoallergenic breeds irritate me unfortunately.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

FWIW, as someone allergic to cats, even hypoallergenic breeds irritate me unfortunately.

Yeah, the dogs and cats that are don't produce zero of the hormone, just less. But it makes a big difference for some people.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cats

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
at this point im just full-stop moving on from requests that have some esoteric bullshit behind whyever a bunch of shots that would count in any game with reasonable design dont count for it and im just going to fully look up their solutions at the end lol

a great example is the one for sawbuck or deerling or whichever loving one called lost little deerling where i have spent 40 minutes of my life just bc thats the raw time it took to repeat the scenario enough to get every option evaluated giving mirror pictures of both deerling and sawbuck meeting up from their initial looking at each other, reacting happily to each other, running along passively afterward, looking at you in gratitude as they run, and hanging out together in the next area passively. literally none of these count and they all got 900+ pose scores lol. it makes you feel so defeated and done which is such a shame bc everything about seeing the interaction and often engineering it feels so cool until inevitably none of it counts and the magic gradually fades from the moment

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah I'm starting to remember exactly why I stopped playing Let It Die. The game is blatantly trying to suck your quarters and makes the game as miserable as possible to make the 5$ battlepass an absolutely unbelievable value because without it the game is absolute horseshit. One of the login bonuses you get is a 3-day free pass and if I don't beat the game in that time it probably wont happen.

I've entered the phase of the game where you're out of the hallway zones and into the big wide areas where enemies have sniper rifles and shotguns and magnums and will take half your health from nowhere.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its gotten obnoxious enough to make me want to just look the whole lot up so i can just experience the interactions and move on with my life already but i dont want to bc ill be robbing myself of the winners out of those i havent given a proper shake yet

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
it might be time for the two of us to take the grave step of bullying video games

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
but not videogames

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Violen posted:

it might be time for the two of us to take the grave step of bullying video games

you can make it if you try

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let it die went from good to trash so quickly it gave me whiplash

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Let It Die pretends to be a video game for the first seven hours or so to make you feel like you've invested your time and it would be a shame to give up now, oh no your character died and its going to cost 32,000 gold to get them back? You know I could knock off 80% of that price if you just spent five dollars...........

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah I'm starting to remember exactly why I stopped playing Let It Die. The game is blatantly trying to suck your quarters and makes the game as miserable as possible to make the 5$ battlepass an absolutely unbelievable value because without it the game is absolute horseshit. One of the login bonuses you get is a 3-day free pass and if I don't beat the game in that time it probably wont happen.

I've entered the phase of the game where you're out of the hallway zones and into the big wide areas where enemies have sniper rifles and shotguns and magnums and will take half your health from nowhere.

tbh the war ensemble part is easy because enemies will 100% of the time chase you and everything there is vulnerable to slashing melee, with that same area giving you one of the best slashing weapons in the game (the machete)

still pisses me off how the game almost doubtlessly got mangled turning into f2p

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 22, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
banging soundtrack though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4xyeHNhwo8

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Violen posted:

its gotten obnoxious enough to make me want to just look the whole lot up so i can just experience the interactions and move on with my life already but i dont want to bc ill be robbing myself of the winners out of those i havent given a proper shake yet

i'm really hoping snap gets a patch that 1. adds a little indicator to request-fulfilling photos and 2. gives me more photo storage

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
they havent touched it in 3 weeks despite one request being literally broken so im not holding my breath lol

those would own tho

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah the soundtrack rules, they comissioned several JP rock bands I really like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvb6ppB33qU

Acerbatus posted:

tbh the war ensemble part is easy because enemies will 100% of the time chase you and everything there is vulnerable to slashing melee, with that same area giving you one of the best slashing weapons in the game (the machete)

I've gotten pretty bad recipe luck so far (no iron, no jungle machete) and that's part of why I've been having a little bit more trouble than last time. I'm sitting on a TON of upgrade materials but nothing really to use them on, hoping the longsword I just unlocked it good

About to fight the second boss which I remember being annoying but honestly bosses are probably the easiest part of the game. This is also the best time to be doing this because there's a one free continue per day event going on now so I can just use my freebie on one boss per day for a free win essentially.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:agreed:

Also I enjoyed the first 8 hours or so I put into it before I moved onto other games.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Proceeding through Shadow of Mordor, I'm now at the Orkémon portion of the game. I'm still having a blast, but boy, is it a hassle keeping your little brood of captains alive and well in some cases. It's not even the Power Struggle missions that are the problem; it's the overworld right after the missions. More specifically, it's the way the game sets flags on when branded orcs are hostile towards others, and when they are just blending in. Coming out of a mission, it's not uncommon for one of your captains to be stuck in "kill everything that isn't my Best Friend Tallon" mode, which is very problematic when said mission took place in a stronghold full of orcs who are not yet loyal to the cause.

Just like real children, the challenge is in keeping them alive when they seem to actively work against you at every turn!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what the hell you people were talking about that Umineko doesn't have a good ending

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well I haven't read it since it was new so I can't exactly argue specifics but the only thing in episode 8 I really liked was the mini puzzle with Bernkastel. Pretty much the entire rest of it I disliked to varying degrees

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I decided to replay FFX!!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
you mean you decided to replay blitzball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009