Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
so like if the Palestinians are not the original settlers of the land and thus can be removed

couldn't like Native Americans just start killing and taking the land of anyone of European descent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’d rather not be murdered but I can see the logic of it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Taco Duck posted:

You mean costs the US 40k per rocket

our brave palestinian balloon boys creating jobs for americans :911:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

christmas boots posted:

I’d rather not be murdered but I can see the logic of it

I don't like it either but those are the rules I don't make them

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

And what makes this even stupider is that in the original animation the rock-giant is the one who causes the falling giant boulder in the first place.

i fixed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1xKiAs1G20

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

There seems to be an argument that the Israeli courts agreed that the land is historically Israeli and so the palestinians have no claim to it. I know this is a bullshit argument but I need to know why so I can own my posting enemies and call them stupid murderous pieces of poo poo

the Israeli courts find Israeli ownership of land on essentially the flimsiest premises you please - basically anyone can say there was a Jewish community or even just residences somewhere, or even potential archeological evidence of one, or some historical reference to Jewish people in a particular area, etc. and the courts will find that, yeah, you're right, this land DOES rightfully belong to Israel! You don't even have to have this evidence beforehand -- settlers will just steal someone's house, call the IDF, then a US zionist nonprofit will gin up some spurious claim to the land that glides through the Israeli courts.

IIRC in the case of Sheikh Jarrah specifically the motherfuckers just moved in, and let everyone there know that if they wanted to stay they'd be paying rent. When the Palestinians living there said no, they contacted a settler org that found* documents from the ottoman empire that referenced a Jewish claim to that area. When, shortly thereafter, Palestinians found documents from that time denoting how the Jews living there had no claim to the land and were, in fact, renting, the Israeli courts said tough poo poo it's too late.

dti

*I think too that it's suspected these documents were wholly or in part forgeries

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah this latest settler colonialism being justified by a hundreds of years old ottoman decree of incredibly dubious authenticity.

Islamic rulers giving free land to jews? Checks out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SorePotato posted:

Israeli colonialism is just like American colonialism but without the romanticism of "virgin land" and instead you're just stealing houses and calling the cops

they deny that there were towns and like hide the ruins
real weak poo poo

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm really curious what Israel would look like if all the Jews went to Uganda like initially planned.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Israel didn't even participate in any anti-ISIS coalitions

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Maximo Roboto posted:

They did post alot of memes at them from their twitter army.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DeborahProudJew/status/1395451485790642181

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mcmagic posted:

They did post alot of memes at them from their twitter army.

They were bombing ISIS's enemies.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They were bombing ISIS's enemies.

Yeah, if ISIS didn't exist the US and Israel would have to create it. They did.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Sick donuts? THE HORROR

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that happens all over town and the people run in and out of danger partying theres vids of it online every weekend they just have flags now

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

looks like a good time imo

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:hellyeah:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

so like if the Palestinians are not the original settlers of the land and thus can be removed

couldn't like Native Americans just start killing and taking the land of anyone of European descent?

[liberalishly] only if they didnt fairly sell the land to like william penn or some dutch guy with a chest full of beads.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
These terrifying street thugs are the kinds of people who engage in oral sex before marraige. I don't want to alarm anyone but there may have been m*rijuana involved.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm a dummy when it comes to all of the history behind this poo poo (I just konw that burning kids with white phosphorous is bad).

There seems to be an argument that the Israeli courts agreed that the land is historically Israeli and so the palestinians have no claim to it. I know this is a bullshit argument but I need to know why so I can own my posting enemies and call them stupid murderous pieces of poo poo

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the Israeli courts find Israeli ownership of land on essentially the flimsiest premises you please - basically anyone can say there was a Jewish community or even just residences somewhere, or even potential archeological evidence of one, or some historical reference to Jewish people in a particular area, etc. and the courts will find that, yeah, you're right, this land DOES rightfully belong to Israel! You don't even have to have this evidence beforehand -- settlers will just steal someone's house, call the IDF, then a US zionist nonprofit will gin up some spurious claim to the land that glides through the Israeli courts.

IIRC in the case of Sheikh Jarrah specifically the motherfuckers just moved in, and let everyone there know that if they wanted to stay they'd be paying rent. When the Palestinians living there said no, they contacted a settler org that found* documents from the ottoman empire that referenced a Jewish claim to that area. When, shortly thereafter, Palestinians found documents from that time denoting how the Jews living there had no claim to the land and were, in fact, renting, the Israeli courts said tough poo poo it's too late.

dti

*I think too that it's suspected these documents were wholly or in part forgeries

Just to add to this, there's an Israeli law that says any Jewish person who can prove ownership of a residence pre-1948, when the State of Israel was established, is entitled to that residence. Arabs are helpfully left out of that law so every single person who was driven away during the Nakba is poo poo out of luck.

So for these particular houses, the families claim to have bought them from Jordan when they controlled East-Jerusalem between 1948 and 1967, until Israel occupied the area illegally and they're refusing to recognize those ownership documents and instead

Also bonus fun fact: Any Jewish person from any country can move to Israel and get citizenship, while Arabs don't get citizenship and also you can be barred from entry back into Israel if you leave the country for even a semester abroad as a student or anything like that.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Maximo Roboto posted:

Pouring gas on an oil fire. They did everyone a favor by staying mostly out of it.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

just quoting this awesome vid as a way to “share” it per the request

e: also lmao at “opponent to BDS/antisemitism” in the bio okay deborah

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

What a loving square.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Can someone share the Wonder Woman gif where she throws the rocket at the Palestinian kids again please?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

American zionists have such strong Karen energy

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lmao the guy posting theres going to be an anti-jewish pogrom in manhattan is the same guy who posted this

https://twitter.com/thatpeterfox/status/1395562472774545409

absolutely masterfully honed insanity though

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i wonder if he’ll do a follow up about how getting ratio’d proves his point/legitimizes his fear

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

there are 0 slaveholders in the slave house (200), but 20 slaves in the slaveholders' house (25), so who's to say who's the racist

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1395549257940316165?s=20

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
OTOH we happily fund Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

skooma512 posted:

OTOH we happily fund Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria.

Look if we're both for and against Al Qaeda then that guarantees we're the good guys!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

badass

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ham posted:

American zionists have such strong Karen energy

If their cause was truly just / good guys (Which it isn't) would Zionists be spending millions of dollars on PR and spin campaigns?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SorePotato posted:

Israeli colonialism is just like American colonialism but without the romanticism of "virgin land" and instead you're just stealing houses and calling the cops

the story is that the land was mostly vacant until the Jews from Europe came in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and since they were job creators, Arabs moved in after to work for them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm really curious what Israel would look like if all the Jews went to Uganda like initially planned.

imagine Rhodesia but in one of the most densely populated regions in the Africa

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

the story is that the land was mostly vacant until the Jews from Europe came in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and since they were job creators, Arabs moved in after to work for them.

plus the Zionist narrative is the classic way to spin tropes behind Zionists race theory beliefs (jews were the industrious ones, while arabs were lazy/doing nothing with the land)

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/EinatWilf/status/1395719920030265350

quote:

Again, this has not been a theoretical concept for Jews. Despite taking no part in war, Jews were completely expelled from across the Arab and Islamic Middle East and North Africa when the Arab failure to strangle a nascent Israel in 1948 created the risk that Jews might become uppity and no longer "know their place" as the Dhimmi subservient peoples as they were for centuries under Islam. Within a decade, Jewish communities, which predated the conquests of Islam, were gone.

And this experience is something Arabs just do not have, at least not in the Middle East. Ever since the Arab conquests turned the region and North Africa into Muslim and Arab, Arabs and Muslims have been the dominant and even exclusive majority across the region. And while there have been conflicts between the Sunni and Shiite sects, these are a far cry from a tiny minority living amongst another alien religion.

This makes Israel unique, in that it's a country where Arabs live as a minority. It thus represents the "natural" order of things upended, and so it does not matter that Arabs are full citizens of Israel in a country that meets the European Union standards for the equal treatment of national minorities (language, education, holidays); the natural order must be restored. But Israel is unique in another way: It remains one of the few countries in the world that is home to a national minority that belongs to a regional majority at war with the country in which they live.

Just consider how Western countries treated their citizens of Japanese and German descent during WWII, or how they treated Communists during the Cold War, to get a sense of what it means for Israel's Jews to live with a substantial Arab minority over decades of never-ending war and conflict with the Arab world.

Understanding this minority-majority inversion is critical to grasping the paradox that stumps many observers of Israel, even the sympathetic ones, of what appears like a massive gap between Israel's military and economic power and the overwhelming sense of vulnerability that pervades Israeli Jewish thinking. Zooming out resolves this tension: It is our numerical vulnerability in the region that we feel so deeply, that demands we build our military and economic might to prevent the overwhelming majority in the region from successfully acting on its numerical dominance, as it has on multiple occasions.

its me, the middle-east geopolitics expert who has never heard of arabs in iran or turkey

anyway, palestinians are an insidious fifth column and its fine that we distrust and hate them and keep half of them in prison camps or bantustans because its just like japanese internment, which was extremely ethical

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/EinatWilf/status/1395719920030265350

its me, the middle-east geopolitics expert who has never heard of arabs in iran or turkey

anyway, palestinians are an insidious fifth column and its fine that we distrust and hate them and keep half of them in prison camps or bantustans because its just like japanese internment, which was extremely ethical

Let me conveniently count the 1.3 million palestinians whose grandparents we couldn’t kick out of their homes in time and who live as third class citizens, and ignore the 2 million we keep in effectively the biggest concentration camp in history, and the millions whose land we're stealing everyday

- the zionist left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/abierkhatib/status/1395812494380306435?s=20