Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

coconono posted:

that's a lot of money to spend on henna

It definitely has changed, it says "think less feel more" and it used to say "anything"

I'm surprised there's no story beat or obvious gimmick, must just be something she likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Usually UWF rules only allow for 5 rope breaks or fouls too and once you've used them up you can't break a submission by getting to the rope. GLEAT have uploaded a bunch of their matches to YouTube if you're interested in seeing UWF style.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:sickos:

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
I only got chance to catch up to Stardom Quarter Finals here's some of my thoughts:
I really liked what they did with Mayu vs Himeka match. Himeka advanced without Mayu losing clean (dough that wouldn't be problem ), Oeado tai vs Stars feud continues, and they broth back Koguma, and all of this from 1 match, love it.
Unagi brought fight to Syuri and beat her. I was pleasantly surprised by outcome by the match, given the fact that thay did whole thing of Syuri calling out Utami.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Yeah, that was odd that they made a big deal of Syuri needing to win the Cinderella Tournament to face Utami

And she didn't

But she's still facing Utami...

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
https://twitter.com/StarLight_Kid11/status/1396362522865795075
Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid's tribute to Hana Kimura

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It is still loving stupid and gross that STARDOM ran a show against the Hana show.

That should have been something every single one of her coworkers could have attended if they wanted.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Neodoomium posted:

It is still loving stupid and gross that STARDOM ran a show against the Hana show.

That should have been something every single one of her coworkers could have attended if they wanted.

Absolutely agree, but since Stardom (or Bushiroad) decided to run show on 23rd agains Hanas show, I'm bit surprised that they lending wrestlers (don't get me wrong it's absolutely right thing to do).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Hana date bounced a bit because of the SoE. So, while its a bad look, Stardom already had that data pencilled in just not announced. No one in Stardom/BR is stupid enough to actively antagonize Kyoko Kimura. If anything, letting their talent wrestle against Kagetsu & Hazuki, was a make good.

That said, its still not cool how they did Hana to begin with. I still have lots of questions about how they're presenting talent and how they're protecting talent. Multiple wrestlers under the stardom banner have been harassed and not much pushback has come through Stardom/BR's press releases. This kind of thing needs to be addressed in official channels or otherwise the company's going to keep getting dinged everytime a stardom system wrestler retires or dies.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah, what the gently caress are they doing to protect Utami right now?

"Please post a request that fans stop DMing you"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Neodoomium posted:

"just turn off your DMs" like wtf what does that solve, assholes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A translated version of Kyona's blog regarding yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjoshi/comments/nj79cm/translation_of_jungle_kyonas_today_blog_post/

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Neodoomium posted:

Why does people harassing Utami?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There are probably people being hateful because that's how people are, but I would guess the majority of it is people being perverts

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It seems to be a particular problem with Stardom fans, Shiki Shibusawa quit the company because of harassment from fans attacking her for "not being good enough for Stardom", and Itsuki Hoshino and Unagi Sayaka got the same kind of abuse. Arisa Hoshiki also got a bunch of abuse after retiring to the point she doesn't even want people to call her that name any more.

Some of it is just standard pervert stuff too. Even Rina who is in junior high school had to tweet out asking people to stop sending her perverted images.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Yeah, as a fan of Stardom it's immensely frustrating how Bushiroad has handled everything after Hana's death. They've started off on the wrong foot with Kyoko from the start when they stopped allowing her to run her food truck at the show, then turned got worse post Hana's death. Like there was no reason to run that show on the anniversary of Hana's death. I know they sent a few of their top wrestlers but it's weird how there was no Stardom footage or wrestlers in the video package where everyone said goodbye to her. And I know it's a Bushiroad issue because there were no NJPW wrestlers either. I know he's unpopular around here but Will Ospreay was close to her so his absence in particular was especially jarring. Whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i feel that the stardom contigent sent was appropriate with people connected to hana and one upper card star and honestly i wouldn't have wanted the show to have felt overwhelmed by one company's roster.

what sucked much worse was no stardom footage in the memorial video after kyoko specifically requested the rights to use some

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There was Stardom footage, they showed her Kyoko and Kagetsu winning the Artist belts, some Oedo Tai stuff and her last feud with Giulia.

It was definitely weird not to have Stardom/NJPW wrestlers in the send off, like Stall said I'm 100% sure Ospreay would have wanted to be included and she was close to SHO and YOH too. Not to mention pretty much the entire Stardom roster.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There was Stardom footage, they showed her Kyoko and Kagetsu winning the Artist belts, some Oedo Tai stuff and her last feud with Giulia.

There was? I somehow missed it. Glad to be wrong about that at least.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not discounting the possibility that they only showed it in the venue and aired something different on the PPV but it was definitely on the big screen

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I cannot remember any of those clips. Plus, it seemed like there was a big chunk of the video where the audio was out of sync. Maybe they did edit it. :iiam:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Have laws been passed against Cyberbullying and the ilk in Japan recently so that current Stardom wrestlers can take action against those aggressors?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I asked my buddy who ordered the PPV to check and yeah the only post-2018 footage they showed was when TCS wrestled in YMZ so yeah, for whatever reason they couldn't show the Stardom footage on the broadcast.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That's sad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1397003676284194817?s=19

Kagetsu is emphatically not coming back to wrestle ever again but Hazuki teasing us with a comeback.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What's the deal with Hazuki? People mentioned in regards to her return that she was forced into retirement in the first place? Based on what I saw at Mata Ne she's got no (obvious) health issues, is there a reason she isn't wrestling anymore if it was something she actively wanted to continue?

Also it seems like Kagetsu is in a REALLY good place in her life, good for her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bushiroad forced Hazuki to retire for reasons unknown though there is a rumour that the guy who owns the Haoming Mask store was telling people.

Her retirement promo was one of the most bizarre ones I've seen with her talking about how much she hated Stardom to the point I'm surprised that Sonny translated it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IIRC the rumor had something to do with her dad's financial situation, making the whole thing just fuckin bizarre.

I can easily see both Kagetsu and Hazuki returning, just not Stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

coconono posted:

IIRC the rumor had something to do with her dad's financial situation, making the whole thing just fuckin bizarre.

I can easily see both Kagetsu and Hazuki returning, just not Stardom.

I thought Kagetsu's neck is messed up enough that a regular schedule wouldn't be good for her. The dragon moon interview seemed to indicate that Kagetsu's done. If a fed can offer Kagetsu a position in their company, then maybe I could see Hazuki wresting for said fed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Kagetsu's neck is messed up enough that a regular schedule wouldn't be good for her. The dragon moon interview seemed to indicate that Kagetsu's done. If a fed can offer Kagetsu a position in their company, then maybe I could see Hazuki wresting for said fed.

Yeah Kagetsu's neck is pretty thrashed, even if she did test the gently caress out of it. She'd def need to be on the talk lots of poo poo and bump and as little as possible booking schedule.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1397492751474696194?s=19

NEO Biishiki-gun's online autograph signing has been delayed because they were "distracted by the beauty of the setting sun"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving perfect :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Those loving French :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ryo Mizunami just showed up to challenge Asuka to a title match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

:( WWE got another one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The other Asuka lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Goddamn, ASUKA fighting EVERYBODY this week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Oh my god SEAdLINNNG is the best. So into this

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'll try to post the tag title match she just had into the MOTYC thread if I can get my hands on it because it ruled. It really felt like both teams hated each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'll try to post the tag title match she just had into the MOTYC thread if I can get my hands on it because it ruled. It really felt like both teams hated each other.

Real keen if you can swing this, the SEAd vs Stardom match has this feeling for me and it's my women's MOTY so far, so keen to see more Citrus Wind especially against Asuka