Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

AParadox posted:

Nobody uses him for his elevetor, it is more of a downside than an actual help. He is used to deal 10K+ hits every two seconds for 30 seconds in a single button click while being very easy to gear up.

Yeah albedo is just pop the flower, burst if it's up, then sidelined. It's also not bad to drop the flower between combos because it resets the CD for the pop damage. If you don't have a dedicated shielded the constant crystallize pickups are also nice.

I absolutely love him because of how little time he needs on field, as weird as that sounds.

He also looks like he's part of a Kingdom Hearts crossover so that's also a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Barbara would be nicer to use if she didn't swirl your camera around like that. Anyway, I ran her, Mona, Keqing and Beidou for the healing trial and :stonklol: that's how the game is supposed to work huh

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jean's burst also turns your camera backwards which kind of sucks, but thankfully you can just click the stick down on a controller to re-center your view. It honestly seems like an oversight that they should fix.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Every survey I ask them to add a disable burst cinematic option. Every time keqing burst bugs out and doesn't play the cinematic it feels like a breath of fresh air as I can continue with the combat normally rather than try to figure out what the gently caress I'm looking at. Also as mentioned above, jean ult spin really sucks.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Wanted Beidou, instead went from nothing -> C5 Xinyan, C1 -> C2 Xing, and nothing -> C1 Eula. No Beidou :smithicide:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

AParadox posted:

Every survey I ask them to add a disable burst cinematic option. Every time keqing burst bugs out and doesn't play the cinematic it feels like a breath of fresh air as I can continue with the combat normally rather than try to figure out what the gently caress I'm looking at. Also as mentioned above, jean ult spin really sucks.

This is a hidden strength of Geo Traveler. Littering the field with constructs makes it easy to accidentally disable the closeup.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Albedo is the Dark Souls Longsword of Genshin. Nothing about him is fancy, but everything about him is straightforward, practical, and useful. I can see why that isn't the most exciting thing in a wacky anime action RPG, but the way most people play the game one character is on the field at least most of the time, so not everyone needs to be a battlefield-dominating fancypants-animation badass. Characters like Xingqiu, Fischl, and Albedo set up the poo poo that helps your main DPS pop off and then stay out of the way contributing value all the while. Consider that if there were a Pyro equivalent of any of those three characters they would basically be instantly top tier as a support.

So yeah, Albedo good.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Albedo is an amazing off-field support DPS, yeah. I kind of wish his elevator and Burst were designed around that role though. His design is all over the place honestly, but the basic function of his E is good enough that nothing else matters.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

AParadox posted:

I don't know what it is about abyss, but every time I use Tartaglia's melee burst there, the camera will move UNDER the floor and obscure my vision for a few seconds before it relocates.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I love how they keep adding massive event bonuses to plunging damage and such and it's still barely worth the annoyance or wasted setup time.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Asimo posted:

I love how they keep adding massive event bonuses to plunging damage and such and it's still barely worth the annoyance or wasted setup time.

It is absolutely not worth the setup time. I did it twice, once with plunging and once without and it's faster without plunging.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If they turned Albedo flower into a spring board instead of a lift it MIGHT work but that is a big if.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm glad this event is showing people how good Albedo is. Shame that his banner sold relatively poorly and so it might be a long time before he sees a rerun.

Anyways this cool dungeon thing is the first time I actually have gotten to try out Keqing since I wasn't playing during her banner. She's pretty rad and I love how excessively anime she is.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm glad this event is showing people how good Albedo is. Shame that his banner sold relatively poorly and so it might be a long time before he sees a rerun.

Anyways this cool dungeon thing is the first time I actually have gotten to try out Keqing since I wasn't playing during her banner. She's pretty rad and I love how excessively anime she is.

Yeah and I just love the Geo aesthetic he has with the flowers. The burst is gorgeous.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I admit these days I basically build overworld/boss teams along the theme of "what other two schlubs will go well with Albedo and Zhongli". Between those two everything except geo slimes are absolutely trivial.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

BexGu posted:

If they turned Albedo flower into a spring board instead of a lift it MIGHT work but that is a big if.

Absolutely. If you just bounced up instead of waiting a half second for it to start, then another half second to get up in the air, then maneuver off of it and finally plunge attack?

It would be insanely cool and fun if it just loving yeeted you into the sky to avoid poo poo or plunge. Give it a moderate cooldown before it can boing you again to prevent cheese. God that would be so much fun.

The worst part is the elevator disappears after like, 5 seconds (the flower stays and you make a new one if you just stand there). That means you can't just trivialize things like the electro cube's bullet hell attack because you will just fall rear end first into it and get knocked off the flower. The elevator function is either useless or actively detrimental in combat, but the free damage is oh so good.

Exploring with the elevator is super fun, especially with Keqing to teleport into the air.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Asimo posted:

I admit these days I basically build overworld/boss teams along the theme of "what other two schlubs will go well with Albedo and Zhongli". Between those two everything except geo slimes are absolutely trivial.

:same:, especially since I just got C2 Zhongli and can cover most of the blossom area with stele resonance now.

The stele resonance being able to proc the blossoms is a really useful interaction—enemies will still be getting hit with blossoms if you're stuck in burst animations or switching between characters when the timer runs out.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

There's a certain kind of player who will not stop going on about him

That player is anyone running Xiao, who is exempt from the "lOl jUsT dOdGe" argument. I haven't used Hu Tao yet, but given the teams I've seen I'd imagine she's in the same boat.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can just use Diona. especially in Hu Tao's case since she's not even on the field for a full Diona shield duration and is stapled to your XQ who has additional damage and stagger mitigation (plus more issues with healing herself over low HP bonus thresholds than dying).

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Plunge attack character tier list:

S:Keqing
Teleport into sky and plunge, easy, somewhat effective, quick and stylish.

A:Xiao
Actually better at it than Keqing, but spamming plunge attacks is not stylish, so gets massive minus points. Makes the entire thing seem a bit silly.

B:Zhongli/Geo Traveller
Oops, I accidentally climbed my construct. Oh well, might as well do this cool move, it'll be sick. Praise me Mihoyo, I remembered that plunge attacks exist. This time.

C:Albedo
I'll be up there any minute now, it'll be great.

D:Venti
I forgot that this technically works, but why am I doing this instead of reverse plunging enemies??

F:Everyone else
What is a plunge attack, that sounds fake.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The plunge dungeon giving you so many bags of air to break was cool cuz I brought battle Noelle and got to do big honkin sword plunges.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zwiebel posted:

Honestly I think Keqing's is almost the worst, because having to stop and manually aim up in the air, and probably miss hitting the enemy with the actual E attack, just makes it super slow and awkward. Even in that video from a while back with a pro Keqing player beating the new weekly boss without taking any damage, they only ever used the plunge when they knew ahead of time where the enemy would spawn after an invincible phase and they still missed like 1/3 of the time; it's never worth it to use in the middle of combat.

That said, doing this plunge event with her just now made me think that it'd be cool if the E teleport automatically moved you above the knife, so you'd get a free plunge even for using it on grounded enemies. On the other hand, maybe that'd be annoying, I dunno.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Zwiebel posted:

A:Xiao
Actually better at it than Keqing, but spamming plunge attacks is not stylish, so gets massive minus points. Makes the entire thing seem a bit silly.

B:Zhongli/Geo Traveller
Oops, I accidentally climbed my construct. Oh well, might as well do this cool move, it'll be sick. Praise me Mihoyo, I remembered that plunge attacks exist. This time.

C:Albedo
I'll be up there any minute now, it'll be great.

D:Venti
I forgot that this technically works, but why am I doing this instead of reverse plunging enemies??

FFF: Tartaglia
Literally can't plunge to save his life

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Save a spot for Klee and Ningguang there for having plunge attacks that are worse at mining than their normals.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t have a monied keq so I used her for the event.

For like a minute. Lol I thought the dislike was overbearing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Event dungeon is kinda cool and has me at least attempting to care.

It also has me realizing WHY THE HELL HAVE I NOT BEEN PLAYING NOELLE, SHE IS A MONSTER

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The event really does show off how much of a difference it makes to have proper artifacts and talents on characters.

Like hey here's how you could be performing if you weren't a lazy sack of poo poo about farming up mats and doing things!

It's me. I'm the lazy sack of poo poo.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Zwiebel posted:

Wait, some of the everyone else can do dragonstrike like Diluc.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

kater posted:

For like a minute. Lol I thought the dislike was overbearing.

She's specifically good for the burst objective, but yeah... Noelle better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got Jean instead of Eula but surprising no one, Eula's sword is loving spectacular. Razor's regularly doing 11-15k crits throughout his combo with a 40:163.3% ratio now. This is probably what I'd say if I went from Archaic to any 5* greatsword for the first time though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this event's pretty fun, I like having more opportunities to try out character I either haven't invested in or don't have. tbh if you want to make an event hard, do one like this so I don't have to grind artifacts to enjoy it :v:

tho I can finally understand why people complain so much about mona's dash. keqing seems fine tho

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

this event's pretty fun, I like having more opportunities to try out character I either haven't invested in or don't have. tbh if you want to make an event hard, do one like this so I don't have to grind artifacts to enjoy it :v:

tho I can finally understand why people complain so much about mona's dash. keqing seems fine tho

Apparently Mona's dash works much better with mobile controls, maybe that's the reason why they haven't done anything with it yet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The event really does show off how much of a difference it makes to have proper artifacts and talents on characters.

Like hey here's how you could be performing if you weren't a lazy sack of poo poo about farming up mats and doing things!

It's me. I'm the lazy sack of poo poo.
Only if you are the lazy sack of poo poo. As someone who has good artifacts I feel constantly nerfed. At least with constellation transfer the C2 Mona I was saddled with can do better DPS than she was probably calibrated to do in this event. Free Charged Attacks are no joke.

AParadox posted:

Apparently Mona's dash works much better with mobile controls, maybe that's the reason why they haven't done anything with it yet.
I assure you, she handles like a boat no matter what you do.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

she is boat.

i like how I've done so many stupid rear end world bosses that the limiting thing for me getting Eula to 80/90 isn't perfect crystals its boss cores and MORAAAA everything so expensive mora lasts for seconds once I get some.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm glad this event is showing people how good Albedo is. Shame that his banner sold relatively poorly and so it might be a long time before he sees a rerun

I didn't have hardly any primos during his banner for whatever reason so i ignored him

If he ever does get a rerun i will pick him up to be a geo battery for Zhongli and Ning

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I'm so glad Zhongli got a rerun. I just got him to 55k HP and I've never felt more unkillable. I only wish I could have one for each abyss team. I'm hoping that the next Ganyu re-run isn't for a while because I need to save like 80k primos between now and then to C6 that goat. That is unless they end up releasing a 5 star that out DPS's her before then, would love it if the electro buff rumors made Baal into a fun monster (And Keqing by proxy, pleeeease make her useful).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i forgot the constellation transfer was a thing, lol. getting confused when my crew is C6s but Amber is down at C2 feeling like her usual bad self.

there's pros and cons to the event setup...like i'm weird about moving my gear around and a lot of the characters i'm trying are underleveled for me. so it's nice to pick up a high-end copy where i don't have to inventory swap (assuming i even have apt leveled pieces of what set i want for them). downside is the builds are not always very inspired and so there are variants of characters you still won't be trying out without dumping the resin yourself. but i dunno how they'd realistically structure an event to what i want without insane levels of customization that would also feel tedious after a while.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i forgot the constellation transfer was a thing, lol. getting confused when my crew is C6s but Amber is down at C2 feeling like her usual bad self.

there's pros and cons to the event setup...like i'm weird about moving my gear around and a lot of the characters i'm trying are underleveled for me. so it's nice to pick up a high-end copy where i don't have to inventory swap (assuming i even have apt leveled pieces of what set i want for them). downside is the builds are not always very inspired and so there are variants of characters you still won't be trying out without dumping the resin yourself. but i dunno how they'd realistically structure an event to what i want without insane levels of customization that would also feel tedious after a while.

I genuinely enjoy that you're getting a well set up, but not OP as hell like in the trial quests, version of 5*s I don't have so that I can play with them and get a feel.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I saw a couple of people new to the game so just FYI you can redeem these codes for free gems

GS6ACJ775KNV – 60 primogems, 10,000 mora
GENSHINGIFT – 50 primogems, three hero’s wit (this code works periodically)

I just have https://www.pockettactics.com/genshin-impact/codes bookmarked and check it every now and then for new codes. There haven’t been many new codes, they mostly only come out when they do their next patch streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Boris Galerkin posted:

I saw a couple of people new to the game so just FYI you can redeem these codes for free gems

GS6ACJ775KNV – 60 primogems, 10,000 mora
GENSHINGIFT – 50 primogems, three hero’s wit (this code works periodically)

I just have https://www.pockettactics.com/genshin-impact/codes bookmarked and check it every now and then for new codes. There haven’t been many new codes, they mostly only come out when they do their next patch streams.

Thanks! GENSHINGIFT looks to be working currently.