Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hook, you good?

I'm good, arigato gazaimas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Shoulda done Chuck Taylor-Rocky in a Custody of Ren Narita Match

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

is ren stuck in america now with the covid lockdowns in japan?

cody put him in the nightmare family before he leaves CLAIM HIM

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

cody put him in the nightmare family before he leaves CLAIM HIM

He's been in America for a while now. His excursion was meant to basically be "US indies" but, well.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

He's been in America for a while now. His excursion was meant to basically be "US indies" but, well.

oh yeah i forgot he was LA dojo now

whatever GIVE HIM THE JACKET CODY

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ricky Starks: Re-Animator

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Look at this sicko trying to get Cody Rhodes to break up a family, when the Best Friends are right there for Chuck Taylor's son to join.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Look at this sicko trying to get Cody Rhodes to break up a family, when the Best Friends are right there for Chuck Taylor's son to join.

idk if ren is old enough or if chuck is mature enough to have the "talk"

i mean im still not sure how to handle the fact that aliens are real and strong as hell

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WILD THING

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ren Narita, what is he... an airport themed wrestler

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

projecthalaxy posted:

yes.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

entrance theme by brian eno

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ren narita
steve austin

powerful poo poo if you think about it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NutShellBill posted:

The Hybrid... 3!: Angelico/Evans/Matt Sydal

I feel like Sydal's a different kind of dirtbag than TH2. Maybe put Kip Sabian with them, or Sammy if Inner Circle has to break up.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Germansimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIJMr8urig

Butcher is entirely out of character, and it's a real joy to listen to him.

He has a dog named Terry Funk :cool: .

Can't believe Butcher hosed up the name and called Helvete "Club Hell", what a poser!

projecthalaxy posted:

He's a big fan of early American metal and is paying homage to Riot's classic 1979 album 'Narita'.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 22, 2021

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

I respect you, Book Man

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope the whole book is in the spilled paint font

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope he reveals the contents of the promo he refused to say after Roman’s cancer came back

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

I'm assuming he's a Japanese citizen and in that case no, they've always been able to come back. see KENTA and the joshis who came over for Revolution only to head back.

I'm glad Narita and Rocky are wrestling even just on Dark, it's a good sign the relationship really is continuing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

harperdc posted:

I'm glad Narita and Rocky are wrestling even just on Dark, it's a good sign the relationship really is continuing.

Agreed. Next step would be to get some of the AEW midcard and underneath guys to show up on Strong. Obviously we had Mox a couple of times, but Kazarian versus someone like Karl Fredericks would be great.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Thanks for this. I guess they're a little cooler now. Just a tiny bit.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Lamuella posted:

Kazarian versus someone like Karl Fredericks would be great.

Well now I want something I'm really not likely to get.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i was watching once upon a time in mexico and was struck by how much longhair frankie kazarian looked like antonio banderas in that movie. he could've been a once in a lifetime perfect stuntman for those movies.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I want Mox to read the audiobook while Eddie just yells at him to hurry up.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Stroker Ace posted:

I want Mox to read the audiobook while Eddie just yells at him to hurry up.

every 30 minutes or so you hear a creaky porch screen door open and Eddie going "MOX! COME ON MAN, I GOTTA MEET SOMEONE IN 20 MINUTES!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

Agreed. Next step would be to get some of the AEW midcard and underneath guys to show up on Strong. Obviously we had Mox a couple of times, but Kazarian versus someone like Karl Fredericks would be great.

Penta/Shingo is probably my biggest dream match at this point. I don't even care who wins.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

smarxist posted:

every 30 minutes or so you hear a creaky porch screen door open and Eddie going "MOX! COME ON MAN, I GOTTA MEET SOMEONE IN 20 MINUTES!"

Is it Eddie's hookup to sell the Bucks' shoes?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Seeing this pic made me realize something.

Page is starting to strike me as a guy who would be way more interesting if he could materialize his inner dork instead of being 'arrogant guy'.
Same with Scorpio Sky.
Holy poo poo they're the ones who should have had the twitch streamer gimmick.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
twitch streamers with 31 viewers

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/CezarBononi_/status/1395839499440115714

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

All thoughts with Cezar and his family. A lovely thing to go through at the best of times was made even worse by the world making GBS threads itself.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just noticed the ppv is on a sunday. Is that the new permanent home for the ppv's or is there a reason this one is on a sunday too?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shard posted:

I just noticed the ppv is on a sunday. Is that the new permanent home for the ppv's or is there a reason this one is on a sunday too?

tony said they're planning to do PPVs on sundays if the monday after is a holiday in the US

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Memorial Day is on Monday. I think Tony said they want to run PPVs on Sundays if there's a holiday the next day, otherwise, Saturday.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Shard posted:

PPVs on holiday weekends (Memorial Day in this case) will be Sundays, otherwise, Saturday. Assuming they can avoid UFC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hypothetical situation.

We dunno how well Ogogo can work. Let's say his training goes well enough, either now or in the future, for him to be able to generally work the AEW house style in an all-around good, solid manner.

Should he do that or, regardless of his talent level in-ring, should he just continue working matches where if he hits you once, you're loving dead.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation.

We dunno how well Ogogo can work. Let's say his training goes well enough, either now or in the future, for him to be able to generally work the AEW house style in an all-around good, solid manner.

Should he do that or, regardless of his talent level in-ring, should he just continue working matches where if he hits you once, you're loving dead.

Against jobbers, probably just stick with the one punch, but against anyone decent/good they can work his arm to make the punch less of a killshot.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation.

I'm thinking you turn that into a story. Starts off as One Punch Man, then people learn to dodge the punch and he has to adapt. Eventually he's a boxing inflected all rounder with throws and submissions and stuff but he uses it all to create the space for his murderous punch.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

Against jobbers, probably just stick with the one punch, but against anyone decent/good they can work his arm to make the punch less of a killshot.

i like the idea of his first kinda "fair 50/50" match, they shoot for that arm and get it pretty loving busted up before he can find his feet and he's in deep water for most of the match

i bet angelico could put him way over in that type of match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Not just the arm either. Someone doing a ton of dragonscrews to him could lessen his ability to do his punch too, since he wouldn't be able to turn his hip into it as much.