Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I wish the bad guy aliens weren't just rocky space orcs and the guys guy aliens weren't just lion people. I'd like to see more Hanar style weird aliens since we're in a whole new galaxy.

Andromeda can be called a lot of things, but "bold" isn't one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Icedude posted:

Agreed, my ME folder on my old USB hard drive has some gold in it

Still a more interesting Tali than what we got.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean, its fine, just forgettable and goofy looking and full of hilarious, stupid bugs and visual goofs

People would have probably tolerated it better if it hadn't been such a huge let down after the original trilogy and been so obviously shoveled out

It made the world's worst bad first impression too. They've since made it look less like garbage.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Kobal2 posted:

Andromeda can be called a lot of things, but "bold" isn't one of them.

It's sad too because I actually found the vanguard gameplay to be quite fun for the 80 hours I played. also there was that one krogan team member that was pretty alright, also liked how.........liam?'s loyalty mission, they really leaned into how lame liam is and it was a hoot, the rest was fairly average or boring.

oh yeah and femryder's casual leather jacket is the best casual outfit in the whole franchise.

Icedude posted:

Agreed, my ME folder on my old USB hard drive has some gold in it

it looks like what Charlie from always sunny probably imagines

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 22, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
In ME1, why can't super soldier N7 Shepard only run 15 steps before becoming fatigued?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Waltzing Along posted:

In ME1, why can't super soldier N7 Shepard only run 15 steps before becoming fatigued?

Shep uses a secret image inducer for intimidation purposes. He is actually 400 pounds.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

If you whip out your gun, you can run like 3 times as far.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The one weakness to ME2's combat seems to be that you can pretty easily turtle, as long as you find a position where all the places enemies come in can't target. Granted, it'd be pretty tough if you couldn't; on Veteran you get killed pretty fast if you just let yourself take enemy fire. I'm using the singularity heavy weapon because the effect of its shots is extremely cool looking, and even with Tech Armor and full shields I can usually just barely fire it off before enemies kill me (seems like the long charge time is the trade-off for it just completely wrecking large groups of smaller enemies).

dolphinbomb posted:

I did the same thing years ago. I tried finally doing a maleshep run through all 3 games, played through the first one, romanced Ashley, and then at the end just went "ugh" because Mark Meer sucks. However, I also did pretty much all the sidequests, extra exploration stuff with the Mako, etc. and didn't want to start over, so I edited the save to change Shepard's gender and hoped for the best as I hopped into ME2. It worked perfectly and I finished the game without a hitch. Then I hit ME3.

Turns out that at the beginning of ME3 when you're on Mars with Kaidan/Ashley, if you romanced them in the first game there's a whole bunch of dialogue referencing your relationship. To the game's credit, it still plays just fine and still keeps chugging along, but it doesn't quite know what to do when you're playing femshep and suddenly the dialogue calls for maleshep lines. Sometimes maleshep audio would play, sometimes you'd get complete silence.

The save editor I used let's you control stuff like that (it lets you control pretty much everything). So I changed the romance stuff so that I had never romanced anyone.

Waltzing Along posted:

The suit is heavy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

If you whip out your gun, you can run like 3 times as far.

He only whips it out for space sex.

Speaking of space sex. IIRC, you can casually bonk Jack in ME2 and then someone else later. Does ME3 have a casual sex option? I can't remember one. So a total of 5 times over the 3 games?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Weird bug i noticed toward the end of ME1, the game wouldn't let me tell Liara to use Overload. It just wasn't even on the power wheel, even after saving and reloading etc

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What determines your ability put more points into charm or intimidate? Paragon/Renegade points, level, story progression? Some combo? Trying to figure out how to get more points so I can fully dunk on this idiot admiral who wants to :qq: about the Normandy.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Their legs are tired from...everything.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Nuclear War posted:

Is there an easy way to cheat myself a mountain of minerals for any subsequent ME2 runs? I've seen the scanning now. im over it

There were a few mods that were one-click give minerala back in the day, but I don't think there's an easy way to use the console or anything

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sydin posted:

What determines your ability put more points into charm or intimidate? Paragon/Renegade points, level, story progression? Some combo? Trying to figure out how to get more points so I can fully dunk on this idiot admiral who wants to :qq: about the Normandy.

A few story beats push the range higher and if you look at your portrait, next to it there are blue and red bars broken into sections. Each time you hit a new section you get another possible point.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there a way to make my helmet invisible in Mass Effect 2 in Legendary?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

If you can, mod the console back and use the superspeed cheat. It's a game changer for the citadel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

lunar detritus posted:

If you can, mod the console back and use the superspeed cheat. It's a game changer for the citadel.

PS5 like the cool kids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Theotus posted:

Guess I haven't seen it since I haven't played ME3 yet.

It's in ME1. You have to be romancing him to really complete the arc though.

If you do, apparently in ME3 he's way more gung ho with Udina's plan than Ashley is.

Simone Magus posted:

Weird bug i noticed toward the end of ME1, the game wouldn't let me tell Liara to use Overload. It just wasn't even on the power wheel, even after saving and reloading etc

Yeah, that bug has existed since the original release.

Liara has too many powers. Once she unlocks Stasis, it knocks Overload off the bar forever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

He only whips it out for space sex.

Speaking of space sex. IIRC, you can casually bonk Jack in ME2 and then someone else later. Does ME3 have a casual sex option? I can't remember one. So a total of 5 times over the 3 games?

Yeah you can have casual sex with Allers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought that locked you out of other people's romance

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought that locked you out of other people's romance

Nope. And if you romance Liara, she calls you out on sleeping with Allers.

If you want your male Shep to sleep around as much as possible you can go with:

The consort
Ashley/Liara
Jack
Kelly
Miranda/Tali
Allers
Ashley/Liara/Cortez/Kaidan

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 22, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Did the hammerhead always make that horrible sound?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Only when it’s moving

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Did the hammerhead always make that horrible sound?

The scanning sound? If so, no!

I really dislike the new sound, it's like electronic pins in my eardrums.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Liara has too many powers. Once she unlocks Stasis, it knocks Overload off the bar forever.

Yeah but she has an empty slot in my game still. Garrus has more powers than her and they're all on the Power Wheel, Liara just has an empty spot where Overload should be

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Just finished up ME1 and the ending sequence, climbing the side of the tower, is as awesome as I remembered it. Cool concept, great gameplay, it's a really strong finish to the game. I love the fact that you can lift/knock enemies off their feet and they just... float away indefinitely, because there's no gravity.

I saved the council because ~Paragon~, but I was tempted to reload and let them die just because the scene where the Destiny Ascension realizes that the cavalry isn't coming to save them is fantastic.

On to 2!

E: nice that it now remembers who you chose as councilor on an imported save.

I just finished ME1 and came to gush about that final section. It was so good and the Sovereign skybox looked rad as gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

never deleting anything is finally paying off:

My one contribution to the internet

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Recruited Jack and Mordin. Only playing on Veteran because I'll probably skip straight to Insanity next.

God Miranda is so smug, it's odd that they pushed her hard but made her so unlikable

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there any way to know if your party members have new things to talk about in ME2? I'm tired of Jacob being like "uh I'm not big on forcing these talks..." Dude is going to think I'm a weirdo.

I initially thought that this is what Kelly tells you if you ask about the crew, but immediately after recruiting someone (when they obviously have stuff to say) she says there's nothing to note about the crew.

edit: Is there a fun way to play Sentinel? I'm kind of regretting this class a bit; it feels like a less fun Adept. It's effective (having Overload is nice and tech armor adds a ton of survivability), but I can't really do fun/interesting things with my powers (Throw is fun because I like rag-dolling enemies and arcing the shots feels good, but Adept can do that + the fun of triggering Warp explosions). If one of the party members has a learn-able skill that can trigger a Warp explosion that would help some.

Simone Magus posted:

Meer is downright hilarious in 2 and 3, whereas Hale is more badass/weary. I dunno if they were just directed differently or if Meer intentionally went for a more :rolleyes: approach

Yeah this is kind of growing on me just because he comes off as so unfazed by everything.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 22, 2021

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
e: ^^^ Kelly's job is to tell you when a squadmember is ready to do their loyalty mission, she won't have anything else to say unless you've got emails.

Miranda's mostly insufferable through the entire game, but she does get some good redemption at the end when she tells TIM to gently caress off and hangs up on him. ME3 is hilarious because she and Jacob are still wearing their Cerberus uniforms. Like, did y'all never own any other clothes? Kelly at least puts on the farmer outfit to not be so obvious.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any way to know if your party members have new things to talk about in ME2? I'm tired of Jacob being like "uh I'm not big on forcing these talks..." Dude is going to think I'm a weirdo.

I initially thought that this is what Kelly tells you if you ask about the crew, but immediately after recruiting someone (when they obviously have stuff to say) she says there's nothing to note about the crew.

edit: Is there a fun way to play Sentinel? I'm kind of regretting this class a bit; it feels like a less fun Adept. It's effective (having Overload is nice and tech armor adds a ton of survivability), but I can't really do fun/interesting things with my powers (Throw is fun because I like rag-dolling enemies and arcing the shots feels good, but Adept can do that + the fun of triggering Warp explosions). If one of the party members has a learn-able skill that can trigger a Warp explosion that would help some.

Yeah this is kind of growing on me just because he comes off as so unfazed by everything.

Take the evolution for tech armour that generates a blast wave when your shields drop, become an unstoppable death golem.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
i too am one of those people who nuked Kaidan because I heard Carth's voice and flashbacked to his whining through all of KOTOR.

"I want to trust you. I really do, but it's just... just.... wife and daughter are deeeeaaaadddd" :cry:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dropped ME1 in disgust years ago when a robot too far away to see one-shotted me with a rocket. Picking up Legendary edition because it promises to raise the gameplay from Bad to Tolerable.

Can I recruit Liara after Virmire? What instances of sequence-breaking are punished?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I used a save editor to swap from sentinel to infiltrator because I just wasn't feeling it at the start of 2, thought it would be as fun as adept in 1, but powers in 2 are way more limited. Also seems like they want you to use cover way more. In 1 I barely had to use it, just ran around yoinking people into the air and popping their heads with explosive sniper ammo, it was awesome. Hoping the cloak will make it more fun than just sniping from cover all the time.

Hope someone makes a mod that takes away shared cooldowns soon, some things feel like a step back from the remastered ME1 combat. A question, I noticed that only Miranda so far has an alternate appearance, but I thought that DLC was integrated into the game? Do squad members get their alternate appearances later on?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Dropped ME1 in disgust years ago when a robot too far away to see one-shotted me with a rocket. Picking up Legendary edition because it promises to raise the gameplay from Bad to Tolerable.

Can I recruit Liara after Virmire? What instances of sequence-breaking are punished?

A) yes, b) that's not sequence breaking, and c) you are "punished" by getting an amazing unique dialogue sequence with a delirious Liara who has spent most of the entire game trapped in a bubble.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Add me to the group that likes Ashley and Kaiden more than most. In 1 I almost always have at least one of them in my squad, with Garrus or Wrex filling the other slot, and I always take the survivor to the endgame. Tali and Liara are my benchwarmers.

I like Jacob, Miranda, and James as well, and they're all among my most used in the sequels. Not sure what that says about me!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure the squadmates in ME2 have a small number of conversations that they'll say after getting recruited, and then another small number after their loyalty missions. If you are getting the "nothing to talk about" dialogue before their loyalty mission, you won't get anything else until you've done that, and when you hear it after it means you've exhausted everything they have to say.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

A question, I noticed that only Miranda so far has an alternate appearance, but I thought that DLC was integrated into the game? Do squad members get their alternate appearances later on?
Everyone will get a second costume after their loyalty mission is completed. Only some of the party (like Miranda) got additional costumes through DLC.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jokymi posted:

I like Jacob, Miranda, and James as well, and they're all among my most used in the sequels. Not sure what that says about me!

The doctor called. You have been diagnosed with a case of the Boring.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I used a save editor to swap from sentinel to infiltrator because I just wasn't feeling it at the start of 2, thought it would be as fun as adept in 1, but powers in 2 are way more limited. Also seems like they want you to use cover way more. In 1 I barely had to use it, just ran around yoinking people into the air and popping their heads with explosive sniper ammo, it was awesome. Hoping the cloak will make it more fun than just sniping from cover all the time.

Hope someone makes a mod that takes away shared cooldowns soon, some things feel like a step back from the remastered ME1 combat. A question, I noticed that only Miranda so far has an alternate appearance, but I thought that DLC was integrated into the game? Do squad members get their alternate appearances later on?

Yeah Mass Effect 2 is a cover shooter first and foremost and the game expects you to take cover, it doesn't ever feel like it does in ME1. On higher difficulties if you step out of cover at the wrong time you will have your shields stripped and be near death before you can even see who is shooting at you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hello if you don't want to play ME2 as a cover shooter then Vanguard is the class for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm definitely going Vanguard in 3, I just wanted as much class variety over the 3 games as possible.