Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

bagmonkey posted:

Sounds like it's still holding up well? Part of the reason I like it so much is that it's built like a tank. I don't mind the weight at all because it feels so solid

Yes! My only complaint is that I put it in my pocket with my keys once and there's a bigass scratch down the screen, so note that the screen is fairly soft. I also seem to have dropped it at least once on an edge of the screen which just mildly shattered off. I do my weed stuff on a speaker that is on a tiled floor. My cats have knocked it off the shelf at least once. I dropped it last night and one other time. So it's fallen at least three times from 5-6 feet onto a hard floor and survived.

thathonkey posted:

ive found kief works best as the middle layer between two flower layers whether youre vaping or combusting. it works especially nice in mu fury edge and havent noticed any sizzle or crackle.

I did that! but I didn't use a ton of weed. I suspect it would work better if I smoked an entire bowl or something but I barely covered the bottom, put some kief on, then barely covered the kief. Also I did vape it at 430. What temp do you use? Maybe I should go lower for Kief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I always find that the kief burns up pretty quickly but I can stir up the bowl more than usual to keep getting hits from it once it all gets incorporated in with the rest of it. I have a vaporgenie though so maybe it's different for your thing. If it's an electric vape probably starting at a lower temp and working up would be the best if you're packing the kief on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

You don't walk through Cottonwood Creek Park, do you? I dunno why, but I have a feeling we've totally crossed paths on a dog walk before.

Nah, I meant just around my apartment complex. It's nice and breezy today, so I'm not as concerned about the smell hanging around. I know a good chunk of people around here anyhow, but there's always a handful who frown on it.

I used to go to Bear Creek dog park all the time but the amount of aggressive dogs got to be a bit much, and it's not like owners were cleaning up or trying to keep their dogs from making GBS threads in the creek. I won't smoke a joint out there, too public, too many people. Maybe a one hitter, but I've taken a Yocan Evolve out there before with no issue.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I can hear it sizzle in the enano or vapcap when there's enough, kief is nice.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I refuse to degrade my weed by stealing kief from it. Never seen the point of making a bunch of bowls weaker only so you can make another bowl stronger. I'd rather have it all be the same so I know exactly what I'm getting each time?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
been using the fury edge for a few weeks now its excellent. has lowered my tolerance and everything plus my lungs no longer feel like death on a routine basis :cool:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Play posted:

I refuse to degrade my weed by stealing kief from it. Never seen the point of making a bunch of bowls weaker only so you can make another bowl stronger. I'd rather have it all be the same so I know exactly what I'm getting each time?

I am fully in agreement with you but I bought a bad grinder. And I can't just remove the screen, it's gotta have the screen or it doesn't fit together.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cut the screen out or just never clean it. Next to nothing gets through my screen.

15 year old grinder that hasn't had the screen cleaned in at least a year or two.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think i realized kief catchers were dumb as poo poo in my early 20s and i've been using simple 2 piece grinders ever since.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:hfive: it's all about the terroir

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the problem is it sits in the bottom of the drat grinder for like a month or more and tastes like nothing by then. just leave the kief inside the weed and smoke it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Since I started vaping I've ground up like 8? jars of weed, (most of which is still unvaped because my tolerance is low) and it's showing no signs of starting to gum up. I might just have to buy a 2-piece.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Mozi posted:

:hfive: it's all about the terroir

i would make iso hash out of this, then throw the screen part away.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had to use slip-joint pliers to get the kief thief off, lol.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
when weed supply was limited and intermittent it was nice to have an emergency backup bit of THC. but yeah these days not needed

Hell Yeah posted:

i would make iso hash out of this, then throw the screen part away.

not a bad idea but i have a sentimental. attachment to this grinder. space case will probably be going strong a hundred years from now

actually if i can just pop it out without destroying it i might try

Mozi fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 22, 2021

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Mozi posted:

when weed supply was limited and intermittent it was nice to have an emergency backup bit of THC. but yeah these days not needed

that seems reasonable yeah. but now i can just go to the store and buy more weed or resin if i want it.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I had to use slip-joint pliers to get the kief thief off, lol.

i clean my grinder like a glass piece.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Kief has always been my rainy day piggy bank for whenever my supply gets low. I haven't tried mixing it into my Fury Edge yet. Might press some hash together and sandwich it in. I clean the screen of my grinder with an old toothbrush like, once a year.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Can’t you turn kief into old school hash?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So, I should get a 3-piece small santa cruz shredder, right? Or does anyone recommend something else? They seem to be an ok price. $50, fairly bit pricey but supposedly very good? I like the idea of small because I don't smoke a lot, and it'd be easier to decant into a jar.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kief basically is old school hash. If you don't wear gloves while handling plants, a lot will transfer to your hands thanks to its' sticky nature and you can just rub your hands together after, making rub or finger hash.

Gonna have all the dirt from your hand in it though.

/\ I have a Spacecase but those are hilariously priced these days, $50 is a good price assuming it's not cast aluminum and actually machined.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 22, 2021

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i don't collect kief on purpose, don't want to lose that potency, but i do let the threads of my grinder collect some

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

So, I should get a 3-piece small santa cruz shredder, right? Or does anyone recommend something else? They seem to be an ok price. $50, fairly bit pricey but supposedly very good? I like the idea of small because I don't smoke a lot, and it'd be easier to decant into a jar.

i love my santa cruz shredder it was on the pricey side but in theory ill never have to buy another one. it's the perfect size and perfect grind for me.

had my eye on these though too - https://grindersforlife.com/shop/brilliant-cut-grinder/brilliant-cut-medium-grinder/

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I enjoy my brilliant cut very much, but it’s also very bougie and unnecessary

The “medium” BC plate is way finer than the “medium” cheapies I’m used to, and vape draw feels more restricted. I’m waiting on the course plate now

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i thought you wanted a fine grind for vapes typically? you prefer coarse?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I don’t like my arizer or dynavap packed down cause it makes the draw harder and the hot air doesn’t seem to mix through the bud as well.

If I grind too fine, same problems.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

redreader posted:

I have a ton of kief in my kief stealer so I put in some gelato #33 (also seems to have low hunger effects, it has durban poison in its ancestry due to thin mint GSC) and some kief to my fury edge and put it on 430 to get whatever THCV was in the Gelato #33. I didn't get hungry with just gelato #33, the night before last. Durban poison definitely works for that too (I know I bang on about this!), night before last.

Anyway, while I was vaping I heard sizzling noises and I think it was the kief hitting the metal filter (or just against the heating chamber) and sizzling. I only had the chamber about 1/3rd to 1/4 full. It became really hard to draw the vapour as well. So maybe kief is really better for rolling joints in. It did make me feel really nice, so that's good! I'll leave it for weekends or something, I think, because, it gave me munchies. It's got all kinds of crap in it: motor breath 15, purple punch, Pie hoe, runtz, sour scout, etc. :)

Waffle! posted:

Kief has always been my rainy day piggy bank for whenever my supply gets low. I haven't tried mixing it into my Fury Edge yet. Might press some hash together and sandwich it in. I clean the screen of my grinder with an old toothbrush like, once a year.

i posted in the cspam weed thread about it; if you use those little bullet canisters, they can hold pure keif without any problems. you can wizz some shake through a coffee grinder and a lot of keif just separates centrifugally and catches on the top. it's loving brilliant and when you're done they pop out as little brown balls :shobon:

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p82/FURY_Dosing_Capsules.html

i am harry fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 22, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

the what now?

i got 14g of hybrid at random... it was called 24k.

It tastes like really strong pinsol with a lemon finish.

I hate it. I'm so disappointed.

This might have to be bong weed. I find that the bong pulls out a lot of the terps.

I cannot stand the insanely strong flavor from vaping this it reminds me of poison used to clean the kitchen.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

i am harry posted:

i posted in the cspam weed thread about it; if you use those little bullet canisters, they can hold pure keif without any problems. you can wizz some shake through a coffee grinder and a lot of keif just separates centrifugally and catches on the top. it's loving brilliant and when you're done they pop out as little brown balls :shobon:

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p82/FURY_Dosing_Capsules.html

I have those caps and I recommend them to everyone. It's so convenient to just pop them in and out without having to clean the rest of the vape. I haven't tried filling up the whole thing with keif though, gonna have to do that.

e: \/sounds like a pretty dope circumstance

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 22, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just found a rad fuckin bong at the back of a little cubby in the washroom I'd never checked and I'm unreasonably excited

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I just found a rad fuckin bong at the back of a little cubby in the washroom I'd never checked and I'm unreasonably excited

Hell yeah that sounds like an awesome find. Bongs are so much fun.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Dead Nerve posted:

They're the perfect weed injection device.

Has anyone played with the modular build-your-own bongs? "BYO Tubes" is one that guy my attention, but in googling for it just now I found a few other ones

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dead Nerve posted:

Heckin yeah, I haven't hit one in forever.

This is at least a 9/10 found free bong, though a good cleaning is in order!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Holy poo poo free zong???

e and the giant handle on that bowl ugh I'm jealous

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I uhh... I hit my Dynavap more proper and it was pure vape but I got like 2 more that tasted like popcorn than I used to get.

It hits really hard. Love this thing.

What?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i smoked some weed regularly after vaping for a few weekend and it tasted like absolute rear end i think it was mostly i forgot the butane flavors it so much

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I saw a raccoon while vaping last night! They're super rare in this downtown area.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Throw food down under a street light and they won't be a rare sighting for long.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
smoking DABSSS

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I was hanging out late one night with a weed friend, and he saw some critter crossing the street. He'd never seen a live 'possum that wasn't roadkill before. The other night I almost walked up on a skunk and promptly noped off in the opposite direction. They like the crabapple trees in my neighborhood.

In conclusion: weed

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Heckin yeah, I haven't hit one in forever.

This is at least a 9/10 found free bong, though a good cleaning is in order!

lol you better thoroughly disinfect that too