Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jows
May 8, 2002

The X-man cometh posted:

I've lived in this city for 39 years and seen a lot more than 3 go down. This reporter needs to read the history of city council.

Yeah man, that's what he's saying. He's seen all that in only 3 years on the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Bustos is going to retire.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1388170295358414853

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1388181306685722634

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Excellent news really.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
What the gently caress

How the gently caress

She's from Peoria, yeah? I thought she was, like, 40. Max.

Guess she's been using my strategy re: social media pics

Jows
May 8, 2002

She's from the QC. East Moline, I think.

But please Il Dems, don't give a congressional seat back to Bobby Schilling.

Jows fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 1, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Several downstate police chiefs and sheriff’s are using the recent police reform bill to cover them retiring or not running for re-election. Is this happening in central/northern Illinois as well?

If you quit that job after the police reform bill, it probably means that you were not a good officer anyways. Same with the education cultural trainings (I am a teacher). If you quit because those are enacted, you were not a good teacher in the first place.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1392050620920737796

lmao, at least he's on the other side of the loving world now I suppose.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Wish I could get a long-term vacation to Japan for being a piece of poo poo, then again maybe I'll just take a pass on emulating anything about that rear end in a top hat.

As you said, good riddance.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 11, 2021

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/royalpratt/status/1392203295222022144

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

double posting!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thats at least 7 times he has lost now by my count?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...Hogw?li=BBnb7Kz

Oberwiess lost his last ditch effort to have the US House make him the winner.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/capitolfax/status/1395897955366834182?s=19

New ILGA maps

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

The Latino Policy Forum had a call with some of the Latinx community groups. They're planning on suing to stop these maps because Latinx people are getting screwed.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

The Latino Policy Forum had a call with some of the Latinx community groups. They're planning on suing to stop these maps because Latinx people are getting screwed.

What exactly is their issue with the new maps? Too much packing or not enough?

Current IL House is currently a little weird on the VRA racial gerrymandering front because because several of the >50% Latino district seats are held by non-Latinos, not sure what the new map does to that.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

esquilax posted:

What exactly is their issue with the new maps? Too much packing or not enough?

Current IL House is currently a little weird on the VRA racial gerrymandering front because because several of the >50% Latino district seats are held by non-Latinos, not sure what the new map does to that.

From what I understand, too much cracking, especially on the Northwest Side and in the suburbs. The Latinx population in the state has increased by 50% but the number of districts in the new map has barely increased.

The LPF doesn't care but progressives are also at risk - Delia Ramirez, Aaron Ortiz and Will Guzzardi (white but well respected) all got their districts hosed with.

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 23, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If anyone had unemployment and filed before they announced the UI rebate, I got my check from the state today.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Performative gun usage comes to the Illinois Governor race. This feels like it is a decade old schtick with the ACA.

I am so excited for this poo poo to continue for another year. I am guessing that the desperate performances will increase as competition comes in during the primary.

https://fb.watch/5XtaVlxScB/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's like a gender reveal, but for their IQ.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Illinois is doing a vaccine lottery. $10 million dollars give out over several weeks. Prizes range from $100,000 to $1 million. Prizes begin being won on July 8th. If you have gotten the vaccine, you do not have to do anything. You are automatically entered.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Illinois is doing a vaccine lottery. $10 million dollars give out over several weeks. Prizes range from $100,000 to $1 million. Prizes begin being won on July 8th. If you have gotten the vaccine, you do not have to do anything. You are automatically entered.

That's cool. We're still sitting at only 36% vaccinated down here in Jackson County, so if it encourages some people to get the shot, great!

I wonder who is responsible for collating all the various injection sites and such. Around here, for example, you could get them at the university, at the local CVS, and at the hospital, at various times.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

There’s a statewide database of some kind. When I went to see my doctor I told her I got vaccinated and she was like “oh yeah I already looked you up.” So I assume they just enter it into a central state form when they give you the shot.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bobulus posted:

That's cool. We're still sitting at only 36% vaccinated down here in Jackson County, so if it encourages some people to get the shot, great!

I wonder who is responsible for collating all the various injection sites and such. Around here, for example, you could get them at the university, at the local CVS, and at the hospital, at various times.

If it follows Ohio's trend it will jump up initially, but slowly peter out.

But still good to get more people vaxed up.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bugsy posted:

If it follows Ohio's trend it will jump up initially, but slowly peter out.

But still good to get more people vaxed up.

We’re already at 70% so any more is pretty much gravy. Still I wouldn’t say no to 100k

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Oracle posted:

We’re already at 70% so any more is pretty much gravy. Still I wouldn’t say no to 100k

Exactly. I assume I have 0.0% of winning anything but it would be nice. It is incredibly sad how 100k would solve so many problems in a majority people's lives right now.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Djarum posted:

Exactly. I assume I have 0.0% of winning anything but it would be nice. It is incredibly sad how 100k would solve so many problems in a majority people's lives right now.

That's a bit more than ten years of my disability income.
Even $10,000 would help a lot, bit it would also kick me off disability.
Gotta love the poverty trap.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
My mom still refuses to get vaccinated despite all the perks you can get so I'm going to have to threaten to cut off contact again. She's a nurse. She should know better.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

My mom still refuses to get vaccinated despite all the perks you can get so I'm going to have to threaten to cut off contact again. She's a nurse. She should know better.

I feel you. We’ve run the gamut of family and friends who have refused the vaccine.

From the understandable (“my doctor says not to. I had COVID previously”), to the less so (“it’s my body and my choice not to.”), to the downright hurtful (“I’m alright with whatever comes my way.”).

No rhyme or reason to it either. Sucks all the same.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Oracle posted:

Source on IL being at 70%? I thought we were barely past 55%.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
My wife works in a hospital in the southern part of the state and the hospital worker vaccination rate is barely over 40%.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Source on IL being at 70%? I thought we were barely past 55%.
Haven’t checked sources, but maybe 70% of adults with one dose. That was Biden’s July 4 target and IL was close to that already.

e: The New York Times says 65% of 18-64 year olds and 89% of 65+ year olds have had at least one dose, so yeah that’s ballpark.

e2: yeah NYT says 70% of 18+ has 1 dose, nice of everything to be spread out on different pages

fourwood fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 18, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

IDPH keeps these stats up to date.

https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccinedata?county=Illinois

These are the current numbers:
12+ 50.3% fully, 66.9% 1 dose
18+ 53.4% fully, 69.7% 1 dose
65+ 72.6% fully, 89% 1 dose

There's two numbers, one for Illinoisans, and one for doses administered in Illinois. We're administering 40,000 doses per day on average right now.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I kind of hate how most of the numbers just look at adults, or even just 12+. I would like to see total population taken into consideration more often, especially considering we now know that kids can in fact spread this thing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The site does say that 46.08% of the entire state population is fully vaccinated right now. We're about 500,000 people from getting to 50% fully vaccinated.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lager posted:

I kind of hate how most of the numbers just look at adults, or even just 12+. I would like to see total population taken into consideration more often, especially considering we now know that kids can in fact spread this thing.

IDPH's daily county-by-county reports were always % of full population

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Thanks, sorry I should have been more clear. I've been able to find the numbers when I want them, but my annoyance is about how whenever these things are reported on for purposes of tracking progress, they always quote the adult numbers because they usually look better. I had thought phase 5 was going to be based on total population vaccine rate, but then everything started bragging how we were almost at 70% already and everything I was looking at still showed around 40%. It just felt like picking and choosing the number that looks good and saying, "Eh, gently caress it, that's good enough."

Edit: I'm particularly annoyed about it because my workplace is preparing to make everyone come back to the office, and will let vaccinated employees go mask-free and eschew all the safety procedures, but will just go by honor system and aren't going to check vaccine status or anything even though we have chuds on the internal social media tool boasting about how they haven't gotten the shot.

Lager fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 18, 2021

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I think they report 12+ because people younger than that can't get vaccinated

"Of the people who can get the vaccine, who has it" is a useful statistic

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Illinois COVID cases are super low right now though. The vaccines even at 50% level are hugely effective. Yesterday we had like 100 new cases. The CDC has said that if you’re vaccinated, you’re pretty much back to normal except in hospitals and a couple of other high risk areas.

If you’re vaccinated, I would not be concerned about getting sick, or even transmitting it to someone else.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

It's my kids that I'm worried about, who can't get vaccinated yet until the under-12 vaccine comes out. My workplace opening up means that they're trying to also require parents to get daycare now even when you're working from home, and I'm pretty uncomfortable - even with how low the numbers are - with sending them back to daycare around a bunch of other unvaccinated kids where I don't know whether the parents have gotten the shot. I'm concerned about another spike occurring because it feels like everyone is treating as go-time, when slightly more than half the population still hasn't been vaccinated. We're not at herd immunity levels yet, and I am surrounded by chuds at work and around my town.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nobody has considered children to be people since the start; why would they change now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They should have just tied vaccination to the stimulus. Although if it gets some people off their rear end it's worth it.