Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

endocriminologist posted:

*flies around in my gay little ufo in a way that makes u irritated*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

people in this thread are repeating and futhering harmful anti-xenos tropes, like anal probing and cow molesting.

do better.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I’m like, stupid aliens lol. when they arrive I’m gonna be like this poo poo is lame do better

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know I thought about it and it's entirely possible the recent UFO thing is Reid calling in a bunch of favors with Biden to get all of the UFO poo poo finally released

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Log082 posted:

Harry Reid has always been into this poo poo. He wants to know as bad as we do, or so he says. Honestly that attitude instead of just "haha aliens sure" and a smug smile is most of what convinces me the government has no clue what these things are.

What I've noticed is, about a wide range of topics, someone in the employ of the us probably knows a lot of cool secret poo poo about whatever it is they specifically do, but thinking of any government as a singular information monolith is probably heinously inaccurate. I would be surprised if congress is kept appraised, merely by the virtue of them being congress.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm harry Reid ama

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
ok hear me out. the lasting pop cultural impression of aliens is rooted in the true story of a crashed ship, area 51, etc.

lockheed had limited success reverse engineering the ship (the fluxliner)

at some point there was a conflict between US personnel and the aliens, one or more more aliens died. when they passed, the drive in the fluxliner was bricked, it suddenly stopped working and no one could understand why.

cut to decades later and the US military is seeing strange craft all over the place, turns out they know for sure aliens existed but have no idea if these ships are new visitors, or the reverse engineered result of china’s own visitation in the roswell time frame

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1396230247700369412?s=19

Probably of some interest to this thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PawParole posted:

people in this thread are repeating and futhering harmful anti-xenos tropes, like anal probing and cow molesting.

do better.

The fact that you still call them xenos instead of alternative life forms really shows you're just here to scold instead of help. Do better.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

You know I thought about it and it's entirely possible the recent UFO thing is Reid calling in a bunch of favors with Biden to get all of the UFO poo poo finally released

This is all building up to the UAP report in June, which was mandated by Congress when Trump was president, I don't think Biden being prez has anything to do with it

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Post more creepy as gently caress alien gifs.
That one where the alien pokes its head out from behind the wall and pulls it back several pages ago has always been one of my favorites.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

maybe they just ate some moldy bread and started tripping balls and didn't understand what was happening

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riot Bimbo posted:

It's aliens. We're an experiment; the experiment has been crashed by other aliens, and now there's gonna be a war over what to do about the idiot sentient apes that are now no longer useful in their original design.

This sounds a lot cooler than meaningless climate extinction so I support this theory

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mola Yam posted:

yeah that's the one. i wish they hadn't taken such a shotgun approach to their "evidence" because some of it is pretty weak imo. but the puffballs are compelling (the way new ones appear and grow without the existing ones around them moving at all). still, could be little balls of frozen minerals or something I guess.

ok last word on the puffballs

the guy's a fucken crank, i hate him now. they're just rocks.

original sol 1145 image:
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/m/1145/1M229830522EFF81O7P2956M2M1.HTML

original sol 1148 image:
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/m/1148/1M230096787EFF81O7P2956M2M1.HTML

he's just completely photoshopped the position of the rocks in the 1145 image to kinda match the 1148 image. like massively and blatantly. absolute cockhead.

does highlight something i hate about popsci "debunkings" though; they were all like "this guys a looney! what a crazy!" and left it at that. even the scientists they spoke to didn't go beyond that in the articles I saw. and yeah, turns out they were right, but do a bit of digging and prove it.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont understand the theory that ufos are an excuse for the USA to do military buildup for the cold war/ cold war II. arent the cold wars a good enough excuse

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

ok last word on the puffballs

the guy's a fucken crank, i hate him now. they're just rocks.

original sol 1145 image:
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/m/1145/1M229830522EFF81O7P2956M2M1.HTML

original sol 1148 image:
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/m/1148/1M230096787EFF81O7P2956M2M1.HTML

he's just completely photoshopped the position of the rocks in the 1145 image to kinda match the 1148 image. like massively and blatantly. absolute cockhead.

does highlight something i hate about popsci "debunkings" though; they were all like "this guys a looney! what a crazy!" and left it at that. even the scientists they spoke to didn't go beyond that in the articles I saw. and yeah, turns out they were right, but do a bit of digging and prove it.

i clicked on the page someone linked earlier and found that this dude has been writing variations of this for like 20 years and ive never heard of any of them so that just says crank to me

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

i dont understand the theory that ufos are an excuse for the USA to do military buildup for the cold war/ cold war II. arent the cold wars a good enough excuse

My brother thinks we might have gotten fiber optic technology from a crashed UFO, but like the cold war was the impetus for a lot of technological advances, including that one. I could see the DoD leaning into UFOs as an excuse for more funding though, having a threat to justify their spending is pretty important

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why would the DOD need to do that when they can already just point to russia and china as they have done for the last century

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Hirsute posted:

My brother thinks we might have gotten fiber optic technology from a crashed UFO, but like the cold war was the impetus for a lot of technological advances, including that one. I could see the DoD leaning into UFOs as an excuse for more funding though, having a threat to justify their spending is pretty important

Corso calls out fiber optics specifically as one of the bits of alien tech we got out of the Roswell crash, silicon chips being another. The Day After Roswell is worth reading, it's a lot of fun and Corso also tricked Strom Thurmond into writing an intro so that's funny.

One of his claims was that Earth had fought and won a covert war against the ETs though which casts this unfortunate pallor of the book being obvious bullshit, sadly.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

so what is the logic of the "this is a psyop" argument

that all of these accounts of ufos were manufactured (even though some of these had been around for years and just didnt get mainsteam attention) or that these things are real events that the cia or whoever is just abusing to their own ends

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zokari posted:

that all of these accounts of ufos were manufactured (even though some of these had been around for years and just didnt get mainsteam attention) or that these things are real events that the cia or whoever is just abusing to their own ends

they're doing it just to gently caress with us

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's not about funding it's about distracting people so they aren't fermenting dissent

Wether or not there is a real phenomena here is irrelevant to the people pushing it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nobody cares about ufos. who is being distracted

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I never said it was a good plan

coathat
May 21, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

nobody cares about ufos. who is being distracted

Navy pilots

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tighclops posted:

It's not about funding it's about distracting people so they aren't fermenting dissent

Wether or not there is a real phenomena here is irrelevant to the people pushing it

Fermented dissent is me talking to the bar normies about the evils of capitalism after three 9% beers.
I think you are after "fomenting"

Irrelevant to your point and I am not meaning to be an rear end in a top hat sometimes words are just like that and if you didn't know now you do

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Fermented dissent is me talking to the bar normies about the evils of capitalism after three 9% beers.
I think you are after "fomenting"

Irrelevant to your point and I am not meaning to be an rear end in a top hat sometimes words are just like that and if you didn't know now you do

no you know what I wasn't sure if that was a word or not so thanks for helping me out :3:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Fermenting Dissent is a lame podcast by leftish beer nerds

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

coathat posted:

Navy pilots

drat. when the revolution comes we're not going to have carrier support because they're all chasing ufos

at least the ballistic missile subs will still be on cspams side

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zokari posted:

Richard doty was feeding fake stories to ufo guys for decades as part of an air force operation. He even made up majestic 12. Betty and barney hill were civil rights activists that were mkultra victims. The logic is that the government has been using aliens as cover for psyops for almost a century, so assuming that the government is lying makes sense. What the ends of the pysops guys are is up for interpretation. They could be trying to scare people into trusting the government. They could be trying to make everybody crazy. They could be trying to distract from their own wanton criminality. They could be trying to get more money for the desperately underfunded weapons manufacturers.
I think the ufos are the product of a non-human intelligence though, because they behave inconsistently with any human technology

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

gently caress I was so distracted by ufos i missed my chance to dissolve the cia

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I guess the doty stuff could also be to provide an explanation for experimental aircraft sightings ie: u2, sr71, black helicopters. Which would be in line with the blink 182 videos being cover for some kind of new hosed up drone that can go sicko mode

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Hatebag posted:

I guess the doty stuff could also be to provide an explanation for experimental aircraft sightings ie: u2, sr71, black helicopters. Which would be in line with the blink 182 videos being cover for some kind of new hosed up drone that can go sicko mode

it's me, i'm the guy explaining my secret aircraft that no one else has spotted by publishing videos of it. 12D chess motherfuckers

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the public would never accept a new kind of drone without blink 182 providing cover

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Zokari posted:

the public would never accept a new kind of drone without blink 182 providing cover

I think you've cracked it. we've been looking at this backwards. it's not that they keep it secret, it's that the new secret drone drivers want to show off!

but when this started under the turmp admin, they knew anything they disclosed would just get ignored in favor of trumps latest tweet!

their big mistake was gambling that people would find aliens more interesting than turnk

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
All the Small Things is about being abducted by aliens.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this headline erases decades of mysterious airship sightings

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

this headline erases decades of mysterious airship sightings

do the eye witnesses describe propellers?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Log082 posted:

it's me, i'm the guy explaining my secret aircraft that no one else has spotted by publishing videos of it. 12D chess motherfuckers

That's what they did with all those other secret aircraft though. They encouraged insane people to call them flying saucers by gaslighting them. I don't really get it but i guess nobody really knew about the sr71 until it was out of service or the stealth helicopters until they were used to assassinate bin laden and then mainly because they crashed one, so i guess it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Roswell was a cia high-altitude mylar balloon conducting infrasound sensing of soviet atmospheric nuclear testing (the idea being nukes produce detectable shockwaves that travel all the way around the earth and you can use them to infer on the bomb's strength). Ironically "weather balloons" are p much exactly what they were, one of them popped and they had to quickly scoop it up lest some gomer find the equipment