Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

hey baby...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nice try dickhead. It's still me. Just thought I'd log one last bump before hitting the sack.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

net cafe scandal posted:

Nice try dickhead. It's still me. Just thought I'd log one last bump before hitting the sack.

cool cool haha... no big deal it was just a joke

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... but seriously. Who else is willing to step forward?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I'm big on rhythm games (got a nice bootleg Sound Voltex setup), action games, rpgs and dungeon crawlers. Haven't had time for a lot of gaming lately due to some real life poo poo but that's all getting settled and I'm gonna be putting a dent in my steam backlog soon starting with Hades and Octopath Traveler.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Potassium Problems posted:

I'm big on rhythm games (got a nice bootleg Sound Voltex setup), action games, rpgs and dungeon crawlers. Haven't had time for a lot of gaming lately due to some real life poo poo but that's all getting settled and I'm gonna be putting a dent in my steam backlog soon starting with Hades and Octopath Traveler.

tell me about the SV setup? I play Wacca a lot at the arcade and DDR but it seems like without a machine SV would be hard to emulate?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
bump[

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
It's an actual arcade rip of a non-current version, made playable thanks to community hacks / tooling. I got a controller from gamo2.com and the "cabinet" is just 2 Ikea Lack tables stacked and held together with L brackets. Here's a pic of it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

It's an actual arcade rip of a non-current version, made playable thanks to community hacks / tooling. I got a controller from gamo2.com and the "cabinet" is just 2 Ikea Lack tables stacked and held together with L brackets. Here's a pic of it

so whats it running on, a mini PC or something? also this is loving cool and nice IIDX controller... I'm gonna say it, welcome to imp zone dude. feel free to post there or hell, make a rythym game thread. I play Wacca (which I can't imagine ever getting a home or hombrew version) jubeat, IIDX and DDR

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
also is that the card reader lol? where tf did you get that too

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
6 slots left

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

That Little Demon posted:

so whats it running on, a mini PC or something? also this is loving cool and nice IIDX controller... I'm gonna say it, welcome to imp zone dude. feel free to post there or hell, make a rythym game thread. I play Wacca (which I can't imagine ever getting a home or hombrew version) jubeat, IIDX and DDR

Thanks! The box next to the IIDX controller is the PC it's running on, cobbled together from old parts since the games aren't very demanding from a hardware standpoint.

Ive been itching to get back to a Round 1, homesetups are cool but nothing replaces the arcade experience

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Thanks! The box next to the IIDX controller is the PC it's running on, cobbled together from old parts since the games aren't very demanding from a hardware standpoint.

Ive been itching to get back to a Round 1, homesetups are cool but nothing replaces the arcade experience

yeah we have one really close to me so im there all the time now.... but ill probbaly PM you because I want to know the steps to set up IIDX on pc and I'm not downloading the memory leaking LR2 again

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

That Little Demon posted:

also is that the card reader lol? where tf did you get that too

Hah OK so that's something I made by getting a custom NFC reader, a DIY macropad from 1upkeyboards, and a project box from a local electronic shop

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
bump 6 slots left

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing enter the gungeon again and it's basically the perfect roguelike (or lite or whatever) in my mind, I like isaac a lot but I think ETG just feels way better to play and the weird synergies are more fun. That being said I've basically unlocked everything, I know it's a pretty different genre but what do people think of Exit the Gungeon?

I hear it got a few patches to change some of the stuff people didn't like (like force swapping your gun so you couldnt just stick with ones you liked), how is it otherwise?

e: this isn't the steam thread but the question stands

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hah OK so that's something I made by getting a custom NFC reader, a DIY macropad from 1upkeyboards, and a project box from a local electronic shop

welcum to imp zone

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sorry if its out of turn to welcome so suddenly but i think i speak for everyone when i say the rhythm game guy seems like he'd fit right in at the imp zone.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bump

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

absolutely anything posted:

sorry if its out of turn to welcome so suddenly but i think i speak for everyone when i say the rhythm game guy seems like he'd fit right in at the imp zone.

agreed

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
bump

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Acerbatus posted:

I've been playing enter the gungeon again and it's basically the perfect roguelike (or lite or whatever) in my mind, I like isaac a lot but I think ETG just feels way better to play and the weird synergies are more fun. That being said I've basically unlocked everything, I know it's a pretty different genre but what do people think of Exit the Gungeon?

I hear it got a few patches to change some of the stuff people didn't like (like force swapping your gun so you couldnt just stick with ones you liked), how is it otherwise?

e: this isn't the steam thread but the question stands

we have a freak in the imp zone who you would love,... he knows all about indie treasures

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
bump

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020