Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

if dry bowser is bones that means regular bowser is wet bowser

To quote Brian David Gilbert, Safety Fan and Bureaucratic Wunderkind

"If I die, will I become Dry Brian? Is a living Bowser Wet Bowser? Why do Piranha Plant have bone in it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Can life exist without water? I don't believe so. Life is therefore, by default, intrinsically wet. But wetness is NOT intrinsically alive. Drowned things are wet, after all. So life must be at least somewhat wet, but death can be wet OR dry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I was looking at the upcoming PS5 game list on the console itself and came across this combination:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
good luck hentai heroes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This was my first year watching the "Eurovision"... that was pretty fun

Yeah its real fun, I laughed when the UK got zero points. Ukraine got robbed imo

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I got to a point in Let It Die where I kind of had no idea what was going on - I was walled off and unable to go any higher. Turns out, there are two boss fights on branching paths and after you beat one of them you have to double back and fight the other. I didn't do very much damage against the last one, but I found a new recipe for a new weapon that does a lot more (It's the motorcycle weapon) so now I just need to do a few farming runs to get the materials needed to make the weapon and then farm up enough cash for a full set of gear and then hope I can do both boss fights without dying and then also not die on the next floor before finding the elevator

then I ate a pizza roll and thought about it and decided that this game loving sucks and I uninstalled it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Yeah its real fun, I laughed when the UK got zero points. Ukraine got robbed imo

yeah rip UK

I thought the Iceland entry was a legitimately good song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORDK1XQToAY

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

After about 8-10 hours of Persona’in today I beat the base game stuff and started the new Royal content. I already knew P5R was going to be on the goty list again this year but the Royal stuff started strong enough to elevate it pretty highly.

Royal spoilers: Joker, Akechi, and Yoshizawa team up with Akechi being a full on psycho the whole time, culminating in a Joker/Akechi showtime attack. It owns so hard

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wuggles posted:

After about 8-10 hours of Persona’in today I beat the base game stuff and started the new Royal content. I already knew P5R was going to be on the goty list again this year but the Royal stuff started strong enough to elevate it pretty highly.

Akechi's VA performance in the third semester is some of the best work I've ever heard

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Decided to make something in celebration of getting the second moderna dose tomorrow

Ishgard Crowned Pie ended up tasting really good, and being pretty easy to make! (well, assuming that you don't make the puff pastry.)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Akechi's VA performance in the third semester is some of the best work I've ever heard

I’d been saying all week as I wrapped his confidant up that Robbie Draymond is doing some of my favorite VA work of all time and I didn’t realize it was going to just keep getting better

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

There's a few great lines you can only hear if you gently caress around and do a few random encounters on the final day of the semester

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why does Eurovision keep USA out? they scared, like how we dont let them play NBA?

p.s. dont wanna hear any bs about "not being in europe." europe doesnt exist, its just more asia

edit: the ukraine song owns most so far from what ive heard

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah rip UK

Actually dope as gently caress

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

why does Eurovision keep USA out? they scared, like how we dont let them play NBA?

p.s. dont wanna hear any bs about "not being in europe." europe doesnt exist, its just more asia

America is making its own lame version next year so don't worry

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So a friend bought ff14 so we can party up now and the game is pretty OK. Nothing good nothing bad. Music is p generic, quests are bear rear end collection, writing is better than WoW's but not outstanding, but combat is LOTROs basically (so good for a MMO) and I like the costumes. I'm playing as a lovely gnome and every one of them is awful, which is perfect for recreating my lovely hobbit. I already have his old hat but cloaks are hard to come by. Lmao that the game is about the Light and Darkness (and crystals) so I guess I'm playing Destiny too

7/10 would not pay for anything again

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

So a friend bought ff14 so we can party up now and the game is pretty OK. Nothing good nothing bad. Music is p generic, quests are bear rear end collection, writing is better than WoW's but not outstanding, but combat is LOTROs basically (so good for a MMO) and I like the costumes. I'm playing as a lovely gnome and every one of them is awful, which is perfect for recreating my lovely hobbit. I already have his old hat but cloaks are hard to come by. Lmao that the game is about the Light and Darkness (and crystals) so I guess I'm playing Destiny too

I'm sure you already heard this but the game gets significantly better as it goes on both in terms of writing and in terms of overall presentation.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Excited for Ohio's entry into Americavision. At my last job the guys who worked next door got in trouble for listening to rap on the radio because of too many n-bombs so they had to convert to country music, and for a solid week I heard nothing but songs like "Redneck Yacht Club," "Rednecker Than You," or my favorite song which I couldn't discern a title of about a guy in some sort of outdoor prison he couldn't escape because of the warden's hound dog so he called his cousin to bring up a hot girl dog for the warden's dog to gently caress so he could run away which is a weird length to go to considering in the fiction of the story the cousin also just has a car

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the best way to think about the level 1-50 experience is that that's what they're capable of under severe time and money constraints. The fact that they produced something playable is frankly a miracle, and gives you an idea of what to expect when they're working under sane conditions

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Is it really that popular in the US? I tried to look up how many people watch it over there but but the various graphs and numbers don't even bother to list viewer numbers for the United States. I think the only reason Australia has managed to weasel its way in (despite being on the other hemisphere of the planet and being its own continent) is because at least as long as I've been aware of the competition it has consistently drawn pretty big viewer numbers for something that gets broadcast on free to air Australian television (at least enough to get listed on the graphs).

Redezga fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 23, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Music is p generic,

This is the worst thing I've read in this thread this week and that's including when things got weirdly hostile earlier

Edit: I suppose I understand it considering the leitmotifs don't get set up until later and the music only starts getting sick-nasty at level 50 and especially once you get to Heavensward (people say that about the gameplay and story but I guess it also applies to the music)

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 23, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

Decided to make something in celebration of getting the second moderna dose tomorrow

Ishgard Crowned Pie ended up tasting really good, and being pretty easy to make! (well, assuming that you don't make the puff pastry.)

This owns (I assume you didn't make the crown either lol)

The cooking shows always say puff pastry isn't worth making yourself... I don't see it at the grocery though

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cooking shows always say puff pastry isn't worth making yourself... I don't see it at the grocery though

I’ve definitely seen it in the frozen section at Walmart at least, probably my local conglomerate chain store (Wegmans) has it too. And yeah, looking at videos from people who were showing exactly why you don’t wanna make it yourself it seems an exceedingly time-consuming process for something that apparently doesn’t take much of a hit versus something like homemade panko vs store bought.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Excited for Ohio's entry into Americavision. At my last job the guys who worked next door got in trouble for listening to rap on the radio because of too many n-bombs so they had to convert to country music, and for a solid week I heard nothing but songs like "Redneck Yacht Club," "Rednecker Than You," or my favorite song which I couldn't discern a title of about a guy in some sort of outdoor prison he couldn't escape because of the warden's hound dog so he called his cousin to bring up a hot girl dog for the warden's dog to gently caress so he could run away which is a weird length to go to considering in the fiction of the story the cousin also just has a car

Nice to see Loki still getting work in this day and age

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I love FF14 even though I currently don't have an active subscription and it is 100% because of the story, music and world. The raids and all that are fun and I did a couple but after a couple of "Do this for 3 hours until you succeed" sessions I kind of realized endgame MMOs are not for me. But my friends who are into that part of the game really liked it

I'll definitely resub once the expansion is out and it's almost entirely because I want to see the story

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

So I was looking at the upcoming PS5 game list on the console itself and came across this combination:

Only six months since launch and we already have horse games. Sony is going all out!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hentai good, evil bad.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah rip UK

The same band had a real banger as a submission last year too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HU7ocv3S2o

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
good morning gamers

sunday morning

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
oh what the gently caress

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress, not the av. Genuinely really liked that one.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

goodnight, gamers

snu i hope you are de-elon'd by morning

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So I returned to my endgame save of Dragon Quest XI and tried to beeline to the boss, just to get an idea of where I was and what I was up against. First thought, I’m glad there’s no final dungeon before the boss, you just go to a spot on the map and face off against the big bad. There were final dungeon-like areas before getting access to the final boss so I’m glad that the game keeps the separate. It really aids the idea of an endgame phase where you can do whatever you have left to do before finishing the game.

Second, the boss absolutely rolled me. My party was around level 58 and the boss killed two of my crew in his opening salvo. This was pretty much a sign that I should stick my nose in a guide and wrap up the side quests I ignored. I also found and really appreciate that there’s kind of a baked-in method to power-level at the end by using a combination of pep powers to span metal slimes and multiply their rewards. I gained 12 levels in an hour and half last night and I’ll do it again today, then see what the final fight looks like with that grinding under my belt.

In kind of glad the final boss isn’t a push over but it’s also weird to me that I would be able to get here without problems. Usually the final dungeon is geared to give you the levels and equipment you’d need to at least squeak by, maybe I ran around too many encounters in the trials.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

gently caress, not the av. Genuinely really liked that one.

I have an entire cache of walfie gifs for future avs, but I guess Wario Elon will have to hang out for a while

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's the best way to play steins gate? I have a ps4, switch, vita and pc.

How anime is it? You know what I mean

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Switch or Vita because handheld rules.

I've never played it but it's supposed to be super anime. Like anime squared.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's sort of not because it's only 4 ingredients but requires a lot of technique so you're unlikely to do better than the machines. It's not incredibly difficult though, and if you can make puff pastry you can make croissants, so you'll have that going for ya, which is nice.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's the best way to play steins gate? I have a ps4, switch, vita and pc.

How anime is it? You know what I mean
it's literally an anime. like they made an anime and then edited footage from the anime into a rerelease of the game, steins gate elite. I like the art in the original more than elite though so that's what I would recommend, and also play it on a portable because it's long. proest strat actually is buying vns on pc and remote playing to your phone, but switch and vita versions are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I wouldn't say SteinsGate is Super Anime in the way that person was asking though

Like there's no giant robots piloted by 30,000 year old dragons that look like teenagers or whatever

The plot is very "Western", it has more in common with Philip K Dick than Ranma