Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Well now they *have* to get married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the unsaid
~fin~

because the storyline won't resolve

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (May 30, 1918)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_II,_German_Emperor

Outbursts of Everett True (July 19, 1918)

Banana Oil! (March 27, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (July 5, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (December 6, 1935)

Mopsy (February 4, 1937)

Dark Laughter (October 6, 1945)

Those Were the Days (May 21, 1953)

Dinky Fellas (August 25, 1965)

Wee Pals (August 25, 1965)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

EBB posted:

the unsaid
~fin~

because the storyline won't resolve

Correct! There will be an unrelated Sunday strip and then back on to the “Gunther is dating a wench” subplot, is my prediction. They’ll go with that for a while and hope that the readers will forget this whole thing.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Golden Tail

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bootsie, as always, owns.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This kind of puts a way different spin on all the Moomin tote bags and coffee mugs and stationery

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (May 21, 1953)

Girls with muscles on them are super cool. Buzz off, Beeman.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

BigglesSWE posted:

Correct! There will be an unrelated Sunday strip and then back on to the “Gunther is dating a wench” subplot, is my prediction. They’ll go with that for a while and hope that the readers will forget this whole thing.

Nonsense. We'll get a two week long mermaid fantasy sequence where MerJack and MerNils fight over Mernice soon.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Animals Online, Funny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure the literal last strip that Piro was seen in was when he kissed Bernice.

gently caress I hate knowing such asinine stuff.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Sep 29, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jun 21-22, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (May 25, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

COVIDshaft

So here's the deal: We've already seen them running the theater in the "ten-years-later-but-still-modern-times" Funky Winkerbean story. So what's bugged me about this whole sequence is that TomBat committed the ultimate sin: he broke continuity. And even worse, he was boring while he did it.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 22, 1937)

Out Our Way (August 31-September 2, 1936)

Toonerville Folks (August 16-18, 1917)

Dok's "Still Making Friends Everywhere, I See" Duck (August 12, 1913; spoilered out of caution...)

...And also because I don't know what the hell a "pepper fiend' is supposed to be. It doesn't sound wholesome, though.

"Slippryelmo Plastro": based on a non-duck historical figure.

Little Lefty (October 18-20, 1934)

Whatever you say, Lefty. And Trotsky died in a mountaineering accident.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (August 31-September 2, 1936)

At first glance, I thought his arm had been ripped off at the elbow.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Green Intern posted:

At first glance, I thought his arm had been ripped off at the elbow.

Same

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

No new Rae the Doe on weekends!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

lol the perspective in that last panel

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Red Knight Nov. 22nd, 1940

Axa

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma
Doggy sweat?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Literally, dog grease. Sweating like a dog would be a better approximation, but the comic is referring to the grease itself rather than the abstract concept.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: getting foxy (June 25 - July 1, 2001)

Reminder that the "spirits" are supposed to be living people's memories, i.e. them recalling their dead loved ones in time of need. And yet here's Randy, chatting with Kevin, whom he'd never even met.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

goatface posted:

Bootsie, as always, owns.

Bootsie is the best, isn't he?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Intet Nytt Fra Hjemmefronten

TegneHanne

The Good Innvandrer

Pondus

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Is it just me or is it insane how the renovation guy keeps talking about that guy's wife like she is not there, seeing how she is right there?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doll House Ghost posted:

Is it just me or is it insane how the renovation guy keeps talking about that guy's wife like she is not there, seeing how she is right there?

Never noticed that before? My parents used to use it to their advantage: Mom was the analytical and organized one so while the salesman was distracted by Dad she'd be checking everything about the car or appliance against the list of needs and wants she had. Then the guy had to negotiate with the person he hadn't been buttering up for the sale.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yep. Sexism is alive and well in the Funky Crankerbean Universe.

Also IRT the timeline collapsing, it doesn't matter, the coronavirus is also happening simultaneously across both eras already and Batiuk does not give a poo poo.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

FoxTrot

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Never noticed that before? My parents used to use it to their advantage: Mom was the analytical and organized one so while the salesman was distracted by Dad she'd be checking everything about the car or appliance against the list of needs and wants she had. Then the guy had to negotiate with the person he hadn't been buttering up for the sale.

I mean yeah, I'm a woman. I do notice casual sexism every day. It just seems weird to put an attitude like that in a comic strip and not address it in any way, like subtly saying yeah yeah this is completely normal and ok.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Oh, opening up a pool is easy! If you know what you are doing, and have the right equipment.

If the pool is nasty from the winter period, you really need a way of getting that poo poo OUT of the pool, NOT using the filter.

We have a true Trash Pump that we used to vacuum all the poo poo out, and away from the pool ( I am talking about cleaning the water that is in there, draining and cleaning is a different matter)

If you were to try and start up your nasty green pool, and vacuum it with your filter, I mean......Yeah, okay but you're going to be backwashing that thing multiple times in an hour, and it'd still be a lot longer time to have it be clear.

Source: I've been working on pools for close to 15 years now.

oh god I hate it, please end me

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/22/01

Brenda Starr 7/11-13/46

Smokey Stover 4/13/41

Richard's Poor Almanac

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

This is just so off emotionally. Nils has been shown as having pretty severe social anxiety, and it's just all wrong for him to make a strong expression of affection and emotional resilience after an evening of being insulted by Bernice. Likewise Bernice has given no indications she's interested in Nils (she's having wet dreams about Jock, even) nor has she ever been the kind of person who would give a a flirtatious or pity kiss. And the worst part is that if Nils had said he liked her and was hurt that she was so dismissive of his art, it would work great. The authors just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hostile V posted:

Yep. Sexism is alive and well in the Funky Crankerbean Universe.

Also IRT the timeline collapsing, it doesn't matter, the coronavirus is also happening simultaneously across both eras already and Batiuk does not give a poo poo.

A persistent threat of COVID is accidentally the most realistic thing Batiuk's ever done.