Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I was drinking orange juice out of the carton and burped into it and now I kind of don't want to drink any more of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm still in the "the gently caress is a mission statement?" phase myself, and I don't think "I want to make money" is gonna cut it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWRAa5uTUQ

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm still in the "the gently caress is a mission statement?" phase myself, and I don't think "I want to make money" is gonna cut it.

Mine is basically the Pokemon theme song applied to bookselling: be the best and catch them all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My cat is asleep on my left slipper. Very deeply asleep, doing sleep twitches and everything, but I need that slipper back :qq:

Moldless Bread
Jul 10, 2019
I was planning to have a nice, relaxing, do-nothing weekend, because the next week is going to be stressfull.

This is the weekend two different building companies found two different unexploded WWII era Bombs in the ground.

The first was defused yesterday, and just messed up my shopping, because it closed down the supermarket. My pantry is looking pretty sad.

But today, the area is actually evacuated, because the bomb less then 100 metres away from my house needs to be detonated. I know it's a controlled explosion, but I'm still somewhat worried. I already spent a good chunk of yesterday evening calming down a panicking neighbour.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Things missing from the item I got from wish today? A charging port. How the hell am I going to make this thing work?

I know, I know, Wish always has crap, and they were cheap as poo poo so whatever (a FWP in a FWP, why do I continue to buy bluetooth headphones when I already have my bodyweight in them), but where is the charging port for gently caress's sake

Oh, and this gets a rather FWPy resolution, the thing doesn't use a usb (ir micro USB, or mini USB, or Super Ultra Megazord USB port). no. It uses it's own unique type of port. Not a huge thing, but of course. Watch, when it's fully charged it prolly has lasers in them when fully powered.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 17:03 on May 11, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just* did a crossword puzzle with the word "Oreo" in it and now I have "The White Stuff" by Weird Al stuck in my head.

*fifteen or so minutes ago, actually. That's how long it's been :psyduck:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I estimate there is, at least, 7,393,432,401 reasons for me not buying a drone.

I want a loving drone aaaaaagh.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I dropped my thermos on the concrete parking lot, and now the part where I put my mouth is scratched up.

Unrelated, the pace at which they’re revealing stuff for the upcoming Total War: Warhammer 3 is not fast enough for me.
You guys, they announced they’re adding Cathay as a playable army. Cathay! GW has made not so much as a single miniature for them before they blew up the world it takes place in, and this year we get to see them! All the shiny new Kislev stuff is cool, but where’s Cathay?!

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:26 on May 18, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

I estimate there is, at least, 7,393,432,401 reasons for me not buying a drone.

I want a loving drone aaaaaagh.

I wanna get one to make it easy to see if I need to clean the gutters.
It's so stupid but...

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Pastry of the Year posted:

I just* did a crossword puzzle with the word "Oreo" in it and now I have "The White Stuff" by Weird Al stuck in my head.

*fifteen or so minutes ago, actually. That's how long it's been :psyduck:
Now it's stuck in my head, I've been transported back to 1992

You fiend!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Nobody wished me a happy World Bee Day yesterday :(

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I had to reinstall Linux to unfuck my computer, and my firefox session and bookmarks was supposed to back up but didn't

Goon World problems

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bees on Wheat posted:

Nobody wished me a happy World Bee Day yesterday :(

I'll wish you a happy belated World Bee Day

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'll wish you a happy belated World Bee Day

Aww thanks, those ladies look very dapper in their little hats. :3:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

No store even remotely near me carries the packet version of Soy flavor Top Ramen, only the bowls.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I follow "One Terabyte of Kilobyte Age", an automated blog that just publishes screenshots of old Geocities pages, and whenever I see a page about someone's pet, I can't help but think "they're dead now" :smith:

Yes, I know:

but still, it just pops in there and bums me out.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I am mildly frustrated that all the consumer goods I want to waste my money on are now sold like exclusive concert tickets

Literally every item on my want list would require trawling discords or following the right tweeter idiot to maybe get an idea of when they might be available and then sitting around a computer hitting f5 to hopefully beat scalper bots

I also think this is permanent - retailers finally got just-in-time demand to match just-in-time logistics

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

nvm

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dunno if it helps helps or not but drones are cheap as poo poo nowadays. I got one last year from Walmart for :20bux: and one from Amazon with a 2k camera for like 50 bucks.

Fancy drones are like 5k, but cheap fun ones are fairly cheap.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bit my lower lip too hard and now anytime I eat something with salt in it, it burns.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I ordered a Jurassic Park logo shirt from Box Lunch (think Hot Topic but less goth) and this is what I got

I gotta be honest, this is real funny. Moreso if it has JP branding elsewhere on the shirt as well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Pastry of the Year posted:

I follow "One Terabyte of Kilobyte Age", an automated blog that just publishes screenshots of old Geocities pages, and whenever I see a page about someone's pet, I can't help but think "they're dead now" :smith:

Yes, I know:

but still, it just pops in there and bums me out.

I watched a stream on Twitch of random Japanese PSX games being played. One was a pet simulator for cats and there were all these photographs of cats used in the menu backgrounds. I thought about the age of the game, then about how those cats are all gone now, and I had to get away from the computer and lay down because I couldn't stop crying.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

C-Euro posted:

Bit my lower lip too hard and now anytime I eat something with salt in it, it burns.
I gotta be honest, this is real funny. Moreso if it has JP branding elsewhere on the shirt as well.

Disney will never stop.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think my midlife crisis is sneaking up on me.

Also, the company that repaired and redid my roof is arguing with me about the bill.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I bought a whole pack of new socks, and the stretch bands on the cuffs are too tight.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Working with the SBA is frustrating. They'll send you a request for info and then close your case 24 hours later if they don't hear from you. Meanwhile, they take a minimum of a week to return a call or email. And they act real put out to do even that much.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Kuiperdolin posted:

Disney will never stop.

Disney will purchase Universal at some point and make Blue a princess.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm going to Reykjavik on vacation on Friday and I booked a hotel specifically because it had a spa in it and I wanted to splurge, only to discover that there's a brewery all the way across Iceland that has hot tubs filled with beer. So much better than a NORMAL hot tub. :smith:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm going to Reykjavik on vacation on Friday and I booked a hotel specifically because it had a spa in it and I wanted to splurge, only to discover that there's a brewery all the way across Iceland that has hot tubs filled with beer. So much better than a NORMAL hot tub. :smith:

Gives new meaning to getting on the piss eh?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

The blue lagoon should still have the swim up bar in their geothermal heated pools, so you can get half way there. Also, they have a spa!

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I switched wireless carriers and I got transferred to customer retention when I called my former company to get the info to transfer the number. The lady asked me if I would stay if they could give me an exclusive deal. The exclusive deal was their straight up regular advertised price. Come on, you're at least supposed to try.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Good: Getting asked to housesit for a friend for a week while the family goes out of town.

Bad: Her teenage kids want to stay home once they found out the trip was some camping scenic thing and not a theme park. Now I'm their auntie so it's not like they are strangers, but I will be at work all day and want some nice time to unwind.

Worse: one kid is going for half the week (then parents will drive her back down home, then head back out again to finish the vacation), and I would tell them to loving forget it because I did not sign up for loving watching and entertaining teenagers, but the vacation starts tomorrow. Now I'm pissed because the one teen who will be staying home the entire time always pushes his limits with everything, and now I have to plan for meals, when my original idea was to just buy a pizza or two and have that last me the week.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Why is it still impossible to just stop by a store to buy a PS5? Also, why are so many people even interested in buying a PS5? I am a huge gamer nerd and have owned just about every single video game system released the past 25 years and I hardly see the need to get one at the moment. Guess I can just be happy that this is forcing me to wait for a PS5 slim or Pro version down the road.

ToxicToast has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Jun 19, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Seriously, it's the Popeye's chicken sandwich of consoles.

First world problem here: I'm in Reykjavík, and apparently it is impossible to eat at a restaurant that serves Icelandic food between 2 and 6pm today.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I was going to go to the zoo today, but my body decided nuh uh. So now I'm washing my laundry (which I'm due for anyway, I cant smell so gently caress if I know if there was... seepage) in "Don't trust the fart, a gurgle, or any reminder that your mom had IBS she genetically passed on" way.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Jun 19, 2021

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

i'm looking at doctors in my area and almost every one of them has an extremely terrible website. some of them are almost unreadable, like white text on a light blue background. i feel like maybe i shouldn't have to highlight the text on a website to be able to read it :pwn:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s actually really good. If a doctor had a great website they’re spending too much time on web design and not enough on doctoring

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Sure. Still though, make your text readable :mad:

actually this goes for all websites, ones for fashion labels are even worse about this than the doctors

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why does a doctor have a website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

For all their contact info, services offered, hours and other crap like that. although usually you just get a few empty pages and a big “Coming Soon!” banner, last updated in 2018