Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

Cain slaying Abel in the field via a Super Scope blast to the head

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
strolling into babbages with my lester swagger. ready to offload my brother's dumb RPG poo poo and become a man

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've sold games you people wouldn't believe. Breath of Fire at the EB Games off the shoulder of the New Jersey Turnpike. I smelled Earthbound scratch 'n sniffs wafting in the air near the Forever 21. All those original packages including manuals and strategy guides will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to play Lester the Unlikely.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tato posted:

strolling into babbages with my lester swagger. ready to offload my brother's dumb RPG poo poo and become a man

Martman posted:

I've sold games you people wouldn't believe. Breath of Fire at the EB Games off the shoulder of the New Jersey Turnpike. I smelled Earthbound scratch 'n sniffs wafting in the air near the Forever 21. All those original packages including manuals and strategy guides will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to play Lester the Unlikely.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

in the mid 90s my little brother secretly packed our entire SNES collection into his backpack, got our mom to take him to our local game store at the mall, and traded in around 75% of our games to afford a brand new copy of Lester the Unlikely for like $60

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

imagining the extremely stoned eb games clerk doing this transaction with a 6 year old who can barely see over the counter

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

imagining the extremely stoned eb games clerk doing this transaction with a 6 year old who can barely see over the counter

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

three kids in a trenchcoat exchanging a copy of chrono trigger for ken griffy jr's major league baseball.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Walking 8 miles into town to trade my sealed copy of Stadium Events for some magic beans

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

three kids in a trenchcoat exchanging a copy of chrono trigger for ken griffy jr's major league baseball.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
when i was a little kid we used to go to my grandparents' right before or right after christmas and usually theyd get me some presents too. i got my super nintendo from them one year, clearly a used system since it was just the console/cables/2 controllers in a plain cardboard box, and they took me to the video rental store near them and said i could pick one game from the display case of snes games they had on sale and theyd buy it for me. they were all sorted alphabetically and stacked so you could only see the spines. i looked for about 5 seconds before seeing the words American Gladiators, immediately tapping on the glass of the case and going "this one this one" at my grandparents, and walking away to never look at the rest of the games they had. i spent the time it took for them to get the game out of the case and check out at the register playing road rash for the 3do on one of the display consoles the store had set up. i look back on that christmas with many regrets

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

absolutely anything posted:

when i was a little kid we used to go to my grandparents' right before or right after christmas and usually theyd get me some presents too. i got my super nintendo from them one year, clearly a used system since it was just the console/cables/2 controllers in a plain cardboard box, and they took me to the video rental store near them and said i could pick one game from the display case of snes games they had on sale and theyd buy it for me. they were all sorted alphabetically and stacked so you could only see the spines. i looked for about 5 seconds before seeing the words American Gladiators, immediately tapping on the glass of the case and going "this one this one" at my grandparents, and walking away to never look at the rest of the games they had. i spent the time it took for them to get the game out of the case and check out at the register playing road rash for the 3do on one of the display consoles the store had set up. i look back on that christmas with many regrets

hey jackass, don't you ever disrespect a Barry Leitch game soundtrack again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVS0NCpiRD4

he literally created some of the most absolute banger tracks of that era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLZE4shDDxM

You should be grateful you got a Barry Banger

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the title screen music and only the title screen music is the only part of that game i liked. i hate this game so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejMT-52v8Kg

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

absolutely anything posted:

the title screen music and only the title screen music is the only part of that game i liked. i hate this game so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejMT-52v8Kg

:hai:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Looks terrible right? no reason to ever play a platformer on SNES based on Eek! The Cat?

hang on a moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1O4jGyFgno

It literally has one of the best SNES soundtracks of all time. Yep, thats Barry Leitch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

Looks terrible right? no reason to ever play a platformer on SNES based on Eek! The Cat?

hang on a moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1O4jGyFgno

It literally has one of the best SNES soundtracks of all time. Yep, thats Barry Leitch
This.

Zoo might be one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

👑👑👑

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

B.L.A.S.T. Processing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

sub-actuality's brother beating the game and breathing heavily at the end credits, wondering how much time he has to pawn the rest of his brother's games before Lester returns

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tato posted:

sub-actuality's brother beating the game and breathing heavily at the end credits, wondering how much time he has to pawn the rest of his brother's games before Lester returns

my brother returning home and trying to explain what he’s just bought to our dad

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

that nintendo power spread made lester look good. your brother was a victim of propaganda, the same as me.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

absolute legend

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It took me a long time to realize that lisenced games were generally trash to be avoided. Off the top of my head:

Rented the PS1 Independance Day game multiple times
Multiple Yu-Gi-Oh games
Star Wars: The New Droid Army
Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu
Loons: The Fight For Fame
Some 101 Dalmations game for Gameboy Color

I think the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, James Bond, Marvel, and DBZ games I was getting at the time had a good enough track record that it just didn't occur to me that they were exceptions, and I kinda kick myself sometimes thinking about how many actually cool games I passed up in favor of some crap with a brand I hapoened to know slapped on.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

proposal: pokemon meets mario party
reality: create an amorphous blob with wings and spikes in a character creator that rivals dark souls for its ability to create abstract art, then use those creatures to play only the mario party minigames where you mash the button as fast as possible

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when I ebayed my first saturn 20 years ago, it came with copies of scud, rise of the robots and robopit. I'm wondering which one was "the game about a robot" that the previous owner wanted and which are the two purchased by loving but uninformed grandparents

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

reality: create an amorphous blob with wings and spikes in a character creator that rivals dark souls for its ability to create abstract art, then use those creatures to play only the mario party minigames where you mash the button as fast as possible

this game was sick

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Still dont know what convinced me to buy this game with my allowance money. It wasnt that bad though

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremely steampunk posted:

Still dont know what convinced me to buy this game with my allowance money. It wasnt that bad though

it was probably the loving awesome cover art. and guess who did the music…..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i played this at my cousin's house and then spent the next 2 years checking Walmart shelves for a copy and never got one. was always very jealous

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im still upset that i picked a bad snes spiderman xmen game over super metroid and no amount of gamer therapy will help me get over it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Sub-Actuality posted:

it was probably the loving awesome cover art. and guess who did the music…..

The cover art was absolutely a factor. It's funny that you mention the music too because even to this day, every so often I get a song stuck in my head that I swear is from that game, but when I search YouTube playthroughs I can never find the specific track I'm thinking about.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just remembered this X-Men game I got that I could never get past the second stage as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECG6d24bbmY

Given how annoying it is that the music pauses everytime you pick up an item, I'm not all that inclined to go back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This game was weirdly fascinating and ambitious. Probably not good but it was my first game that did metal gear style stealth and I feel like it really pushed the hardware