Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe watch some good movies past 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I just subject myself to a lot of small release horror in the hopes of keeping up the like, maybe 2 good out of every 10 track record I might have now.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Maybe watch some good movies past 2014

I would like to, but clearly that's not going to be happening anytime soon.

Yardbomb posted:

I just subject myself to a lot of small release horror in the hopes of keeping up the like, maybe 2 good out of every 10 track record I might have now.

I wish I was more of a fan of horror. That seems to be a genre that's surviving.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 23, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

When it's good it's really good, it just also has a whole lot of junk to sift through, since horror's always been one of the genres most accessible to new and poorer creators who don't have multimillions to start, the good in that much outweighs the bad though, since even really bad horror can still at least be entertaining in some way often enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't tell if you're being serious, good movies get released outside of movie theaters and lots of good ones came out like the lighthouse or Get Out

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yes, but less and less of them are being made as time goes on. Surely you've noticed that? The good movies that are still being made are being made despite Disney's presence, and not because of it.

How long before Disney decides to buy Studio A24, or that Jordan Peele needs to be humbled like James Gunn?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"less and less good movies are coming out" is not a factually true statement I'm sorry

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been petitioning for years to mass ban anyone who's every posted in CD, it would clearly, demonstrable improve the forums.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Blockhouse posted:

"less and less good movies are coming out" is not a factually true statement I'm sorry

Nor is it grammatically correct!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

gschmidl posted:

Nor is it grammatically correct!

this

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

The last two oscar winning international movies were very good. I highly recommend watching Parasite and Another Round (Druk)

Watched Pats playthrough of RE8, he's still really good as like a back-ground noise kind of lets play!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yes, but less and less of them are being made as time goes on. Surely you've noticed that? The good movies that are still being made are being made despite Disney's presence, and not because of it.

How long before Disney decides to buy Studio A24, or that Jordan Peele needs to be humbled like James Gunn?

How do you literally know this, person who said they haven't watched movie in nearly a decade

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

there's less non-franchise large budget movies, but mid and small budget are still doing fine

that said, this is not the case for foreign movies

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Liam graduated, ggs

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1396318678422011911

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Tae posted:

How do you literally know this, person who said they haven't watched movie in nearly a decade

I still watch movie trailers.

Blockhouse posted:

You're right, I guess its more of an opinion, one that you and several other posters don't share.

I'll drop it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now....Back to streaming! :getin:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1396318688014393344

:unsmith:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Friends talking about vtubers has just annihilated any and all meaning the word graduation had other than "I quit/got fired/etc" so this confused me for way longer than it should have.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Friends talking about vtubers has just annihilated any and all meaning the word graduation had other than "I quit/got fired/etc" so this confused me for way longer than it should have.

Lol, my first thought was also Vtubers but mainly because Liam hasn't come up in the thread much besides that guy summarizing the podcast episodes

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Woolie's been having back pains for the past few days so no podcast this week.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

Woolie's been having back pains for the past few days so no podcast this week.
At least Little V is coming back soon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
I hope Pat plays more Days Gone, I'm loving his reactions to things :munch:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Crymetina/status/1396817400822124550?s=19

Good to see that everyone has their poo poo figured out after everything :unsmith:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1396648753377984513

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I've been listening to the podcast in reverse order starting with CSB and now I'm in SBFC. It's really surreal that Matt and Pat had beef because I don't sense any of that all

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mesothelioma posted:

I've been listening to the podcast in reverse order starting with CSB and now I'm in SBFC. It's really surreal that Matt and Pat had beef because I don't sense any of that all

go watch the star trek LP you will absolutely sense it

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also during their last scrublords Matt goes into a rant about how everyone they've ever helped get popular (Max, EPW, Clemps) is more successful than they are. There's tons of theories about what caused them to break up, but that rant cemented it for me that it was the business side of the channel that did them in.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mesothelioma posted:

When you watch the old playthroughs or listen to the old podcasts, whenever Pat says or does something that Matt doesn't approve of, Matt's tone quickly changes and he starts getting really terse. Sometimes he stops talking entirely, and you can practically hear him fuming. Woolie and Liam usually filled the dead air, so it's not noticeable unless you look for it, but once you start looking for it, its definitely there.

When Matt used to post here he would regularly vent about Pat doing stuff that would piss him off.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 28, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Clemps isn't more popular than sbf even now, that was a weird choice from him.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Also I'm pretty sure Max would have gotten popular regardless so that just seems like misguided jealousy on Matt's part.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah, Max was popular before the Best Friends.

I still remember the old arguments from people about how MAX WAS KILLING THE FGC way back in the day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They still do that, lot of people hate Max for bizarre and lovely reasons and will take any opening to try and bash him or even his friend/family group.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

When Matt used to post here he would regularly vent about Pat doing stuff that would piss him off.

Getting mad about Pat not going to every con, when Pat would routinely talk about succumbing to anxiety and needing to hide in bathrooms to decompress whenever going anywhere, was an eye-opener into their dynamic and I wish I had saved the post before he edited out that particular rant.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Subversion #1: Woolie is more insane about specific issues like spoilers than Pat.
Subversion #2: Matt was actually the bigger jerk compared to Pat, not vice versa.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The more we learn about these people the more we learn that Pat is somehow the most normal and relatable :gonk:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
More like the more we learn they're just strangers with normal lives, and deciding we know them or their actual personalities is weird and parasocial.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

More like the more we learn they're just strangers with normal lives, and deciding we know them or their actual personalities is weird and parasocial.

What?

I thought they were fictional characters from a TV show.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i'm not sure pat is real

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Woolie is my favorite Minecraft original character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah, it's kinda weird to sit there and speculate. There's a lot we don't know, and even what we do likely has some bias to it. It sucks, but all of them are flourishing on their own and I'll take it. I want the dudes to be happy even if it meant I never saw or heard from them again.