Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Medullah posted:

Oh no I love Harley Quinn. This is not quite as good, but I still laugh. About 6 episodes in now and it's basically a feature length Robot Chicken.

Oh poo poo, I hadn’t realized the whole season had dropped. Disney and Amazon has gotten me reconditioned to weekly releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Modok is...okay?? Occasionally a joke lands

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The first episode didn't really do it for me. And I like robot chicken.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh I would like a marvel themed robot chicken more

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Fin Fang Foom restaurant in the first episode got a chuckle out of me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Now I'm expecting it to be super gay and I'm gonna end up disappointed

I don't think the world's ready for a gay MODOK. Then again this show does present a MODOK that fucks, which is just as disturbing if not more so.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only just found out its on Star in Canada and they sold me when i saw Lila Cheney was preforming at the club.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo master pandemonium has a talk show lol

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

site posted:

Modok is...okay?? Occasionally a joke lands

This is pretty much my view too, I watched it while doing something else and it never got good enough to fully distract me but the occasional line got an actual laugh out of me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Thirded, the background references to other Marvel characters was the most enjoyable part. A lot of the humor is shallow, the characters aren’t engaging enough to carry a scene, and the mutilating violence is too common to even get that shock laugh out of me. I was checking the time the whole first episode because it felt so long, which is never a good sign.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to an interview with Jordan Blum (ep on Modok) they got every character they requested to use except three, Stilt Man, Turner D Century and Paste Pot Pete. For some reason Marvel said those were off limits.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't wait to see what secret projects they have cooking with those three

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Arist posted:

The Hulu MODOK show is getting pretty good early reviews from what I've seen.

https://tv.avclub.com/hulu-s-m-o-d-o-k-is-a-supervillain-sitcom-that-s-so-mu-1846874552

Really enjoying this. It gets exponentially better as it goes along whclich is good because the first episode is very Robot Chicken

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

those guys feel like they could all pop up in She Hulk, depending on the tone of that show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They kinda seem like perfect people for She-Hulk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

They kinda seem like perfect people for She-Hulk.

Oh yeah, that seems right.

Or the maybe possible new Daredevil we all think might happen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

So according to an interview with Jordan Blum (ep on Modok) they got every character they requested to use except three, Stilt Man, Turner D Century and Paste Pot Pete. For some reason Marvel said those were off limits.

This sounds like a joke answer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He said they wanted Stilt Man for the episode involving the Bar with No Name to do a joke where he uses his stilts to get booze off high shelves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Make Stilt-man the new over arching threat for phase 4

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sure you can have Iron Man, but no Trapster for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You can have an Ironman, as a little treat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Retro Futurist posted:

Make Stilt-man the new over arching threat for phase 4

Danger Reaches New Heights!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finished watching Modok and thought it was kind of weird how serious the ending was. Like it definitely didn't feel earned and was kind of clashing with other plot bits.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Naomi got picked up to series by the CW. It doesn't seem to be part of the Arrowverse, but that didn't last long for most of the other shows that tried to stay uninvolved.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 24, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Superman and Lois show seems to be completely detached from the Arrowverse, which is odd since it's the same actors playing them that first premiered in the Arrowverse.

Hasn't even had a coy reference to his cousin yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

The Superman and Lois show seems to be completely detached from the Arrowverse, which is odd since it's the same actors playing them that first premiered in the Arrowverse.

Hasn't even had a coy reference to his cousin yet.

It was set to have a Batwoman crossover which was canceled due to Covid so it's still part of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Diggle is supposed to be showing up sometime on Superman and Lois as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Good, sense they made a point to write out Pete in the first episode, so the only black person on the show is an alt universe Lex Luthor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the CW has passed on the Black Lightning spin-off, Painkiller.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the backdoor pilot and everything since wasn't doing much for me, so not too upset by this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they were planning to do a big multi show crossover with Diggle but again, Covid killed that. He's still supposed to appear on multiple shows but its gonna be a lot more disjointed. They say he's not Green Lantern.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So he's definitely Green Lantern.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Viridescent Lamp

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Also the CW has passed on the Black Lightning spin-off, Painkiller.

Huh, I thought they had already picked it up. Still, like site said, I'm not broken up about it at all.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Skwirl posted:

So he's definitely Green Lantern.

In a surprise upset, he’ll be Power Ring

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sanschel posted:

In a surprise upset, he’ll be Power Ring

Dig! Whats up with that hair?
I don't know, i put the ring on and suddenly I had a bowl cut.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1397568414936289281
Stephen Fry as Gilbert is pretty inspired; man the cast for this is great

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Have they revealed who's playing Dream yet?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

hatelull posted:

Have they revealed who's playing Dream yet?

It's there in the tweet, Tom Sturridge is playing Dream, Gwendolyn Christie is Lucifer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If Jenna Coleman is Lady Johanna, are they actually having John show up? gently caress, if Dee's showing up, are we getting the weird moment of Dream visiting Mr Miracle and Martian Manhunter?