Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see you have fallen into the stats simulacrum hole

if you are willing to learn I think we can lead you out . you have to be brave tho and put aside your grandpa espn ideas about fantasy stats

I’m willing to help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think Klay and Steph are about equally valuable, which is to say that neither can get to the playoffs without the other even with a perennial DPOY candidate like Green on the court

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

but let’s start from basic principles : when Stephen Curry was tasked to lead a team as its best player he lead that team directly into the draft lottery

that is the truth you have to confront first. he is the most responsible person for a team not being good. that happened just this year

you can’t ignore it it’s the elephant in the room

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I think Klay and Steph are about equally valuable, which is to say that neither can get to the playoffs without the other even with a perennial DPOY candidate like Green on the court

klay is a two way player and thus by definition more valuable

(please refer to my post on style tiers)

klay is great offense / great defense

Steph is average to good offense / no defense

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

c’mon he’s better than good offense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

here is a thought experiment

go back to the beginning of the season and start again except trade Steph Curry for Chris Paul

that one change and the warriors are the two seed and Phoenix is out of the playoffs or close to the bottom

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

c’mon he’s better than good offense

his team - which he lead as the point guard - had the 20th ortg in the league

I thought I was being generous with “good”. it’s unclear how valuable his offense is when you consider the whole package . I understand he’s valuable in fantasy but we are talking about real games

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Curry and Zach Lavine are basically interchangeable in terms of value . Zach is a little less refined

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Booker is a much better second option than Steph’s had though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what has booker ever done until Chris Paul showed up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/nateduncannba/status/1396574091780399104?s=21

was not expecting this

are they playing Harrell too much ?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

please don’t quote noted herb and dork Nate Duncan

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chris Paul dragged the thunder to a 44 -28 record last year

thunder 22-50 something this year

I don’t think it’s Devon booker which makes the suns good

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am sorry is a denver nuggets fan talking poo poo? mvp curry kicked rear end you losers

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Judakel posted:

i am sorry is a denver nuggets fan talking poo poo? mvp curry kicked rear end you losers

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/status/1396558065504342023?s=21

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

but let’s start from basic principles : when Stephen Curry was tasked to lead a team as its best player he lead that team directly into the draft lottery

lmao. curry played 5 games in 2019-2020 do you have amnesia

interesting how adding curry back almost led them to kick the defending champs out of the playoffs the very next season

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 23, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

I think Curry and Zach Lavine are basically interchangeable in terms of value . Zach is a little less refined

Are you kidding me. Zach does way better dunks

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I see you have fallen into the stats simulacrum hole

if you are willing to learn I think we can lead you out . you have to be brave tho and put aside your grandpa espn ideas about fantasy stats

I’m willing to help

grandpa fantasy stats are points and rebounds i prefer the basic observation of "is this team better with this player or without him" which plenty of on/off court stats bear out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

lmao. curry played 5 games in 2019-2020 do you have amnesia

interesting how adding curry back almost led them to kick the defending champs out of the playoffs the very next season

2020-21 season just happened

if you missed it and a a curry fan then I suggest not catching up

he had a disastrous year

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
jams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

grandpa fantasy stats are points and rebounds i prefer the basic observation of "is this team better with this player or without him" which plenty of on/off court stats bear out

in/out of the playoffs seems like even a better stat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
klay is literally too lazy to have played a game of nba basketball in like 2 years

only Jordan was a quitter to his level

truely one of the greats

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
true heroes of nba basketball
Jordan: got lazy for 2 seasons
klay: also got lazy for 2 seasons
Len bias: just all around lazy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

in/out of the playoffs seems like even a better stat

dwyane wade went 15-67 on the heat in 2007

lebron's lakers missed the playoffs with ingram, an all star, in 2019

dirk was bounced by an 8th seed in 2007

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bip Roberts posted:

klay is literally too lazy to have played a game of nba basketball in like 2 years

only Jordan was a quitter to his level

truely one of the greats

It's called elite load management

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

dwyane wade went 15-67 on the heat in 2007

lebron's lakers missed the playoffs with ingram, an all star, in 2019

dirk was bounced by an 8th seed in 2007

Lebron played like 55 games that year

you are going way back before my time on the other stuff

no doubt you have lots of grandpa chestnuts like that

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

grandpas complain regularly about how curry has changed the game and made it all about outside shooting and efficiency instead of good old fashioned dunking and handchecking :smuggo:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you are confused . the game has never been more about dunking than it is today

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I complain like a grandpa about the loving saliva mouth guard just dripping all over the court. absolutely the grossest thing in sports. Disgusting!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

curry is a good role player . I mean you obviously want him on your team as a sniper assuming you can cover his defense which Durant and klay did very well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

espn grandpas love stejph curry and make him an mvp candidate and draft him in all of their fantasy leagues

meanwhile, the candidate of youthful thinking, Chris Paul, quietly assassinates the league with little fanfare from the ancient dullards

espns hatred of Chris Paul is no doubt related to Paul’s Union leadership role . whereas the poster child of the rentier class in San Franscixo who can only celebrate the simulacrum of success as they have never worked (they have an ideological blindness to defense . they literally can’t see it because it can’t be measured with dashboard apps )

if you are a landlord or manager , Steph Curry is your man

euphronius fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 23, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

espn grandpas love stejph curry and make him an mvp candidate and draft him in all of their fantasy leagues

meanwhile, the candidate of youthful thinking, Chris Paul, quietly assassinates the league with little fanfare from the ancient dullards

espns hatred of Chris Paul is no doubt related to Paul’s Union leadership role . whereas the poster child of the rentier class in San Franscixo who can only celebrate the simulacrum of success as they have never worked (they have an ideological blindness to defense . they literally can’t see it because it can’t be measured with dashboard apps )

cp3 is no doubt amazing, top 5 pg ever material and he gets stupidly maligned by morons like bill simmons because of never making the finals. plus he is a union man so that automatically makes him the poo poo. i will never forget the clippers series when he bounced san antonio out of the playoffs

also i can't respect gsw anymore for abandoning oakland but i still stan curry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if he makes you feel good subjectively that’s great .

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

curry smashed okc, which had peak durant, after being down 3-1 and durant's clutch performance was so bad that he joined gsw out of shame

gsw was in shambles against toronto. kevon looney and injured demarcus cousins were their second best players at times because iggy/green were often completely useless offensively and klay kept rotating in and out of the lineup, plus they were absolutely shattered by the size of toronto with gasol/siakam/ibaka/leonard down low. curry essentially had to bail them out

the defense on that raptors team was something else. that 26-3 run in game 6 against the bucks was ectasy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/nateduncannba/status/1396574091780399104?s=21

was not expecting this

are they playing Harrell too much ?

free Marc Gasol

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

suns are winning it all

book it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i can't read and i wont learn math, nets winning it all after breaking cp3's back and retiring him. they'll be history's greatest monsters

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Loving scabs and strike breakers must be why they like LeBron so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

LeBron is a chud