Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cock and Balls.

:hmmyes:

I don't know if there will ever be anything better on this show than the brief pause every time Joe says "What's your name?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Branson frantically throwing out cuckoldry-themed pub names was fantastic

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I would ADOPT drunk Stirfry.

Roach Warehouse posted:

The musical number in this episode was an absolute delight.

Went back to listen to that a few times!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deathlove posted:

:hmmyes:

I don't know if there will ever be anything better on this show than the brief pause every time Joe says "What's your name?"

The only thing better is that one time Branson couldn't think of a name and just gave an exasperated "shut up!"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The only thing better is that one time Branson couldn't think of a name and just gave an exasperated "shut up!"

Or the goat in the switchblades. "what's my name?? Give me a name! Name me! Yeah how do you like it!? "

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo the song!!! This is my favourite podcast ever

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ever the fool, I deleted this one from my feed without listening to it because I already listened to Ruleshaven.

Come all, see the tragic clown! The pitiable wretch who mistook Ruleshaven for Ruleshaven!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

some plague rats posted:

On first listen I didn't even realize it was written for the episode, I thought it was from some cool band I'd never heard of like in Riddle Guy. It absolutely got stuck in my head.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

I really hope they put that up on spotify or let me buy it or something because "Ding Dong" is a bop and I want to listen to it on a loop.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I really hope they put that up on spotify or let me buy it or something because "Ding Dong" is a bop and I want to listen to it on a loop.

I used audacity to cut out Tim's rude talks theme and save it on my phone so when I put my music player on shuffle it sometimes plays it to me and I laugh every time

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does he have enough music for a bandcamp EP?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wore my riddle guy 97 shirt today and thought about it the two riddle guy episodes are ridiculously great

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

Wore my riddle guy 97 shirt today and thought about it the two riddle guy episodes are ridiculously great

“...but I’m great at crying” killed me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
maybe you should reexamine your biases

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did not have accordion covers of ChumbaWamba and Black and Tans on my DnD podcast bingo board, but here we are.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
They've put the musical number from the last episode up on bandcamp

https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1397659289255395329?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

They've put the musical number from the last episode up on bandcamp

https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1397659289255395329?s=20

This is exactly what I wanted to happen!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New Rude Tales!

Ding Dong goes the bell.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
REGINA DENTATA is a top 3 rude tales name.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Down With People posted:

REGINA DENTATA is a top 3 rude tales name.

So goddamn good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have no artistic talent but I'd love to see Bellow and Albee embraced, hanging off the bell tower, then Cordelia slides in a vine all casual like.

Not funny but it would be cute!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Lol that loving jaywalking joke

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I actually felt pretty bad for Hot Roddy. It's impressive that this show can make me feel real pathos for a character who's defining trait is "rear end in a top hat".

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
A whole episode doing turn based combat is not ideal.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I actually felt pretty bad for Hot Roddy. It's impressive that this show can make me feel real pathos for a character who's defining trait is "rear end in a top hat".
How has this pee pee doo doo podcast made me tear up (Ivan), feel for a giant idiot bully (see above), and, at other times, actually shudder??? Like maybe I'm a baby (heh) but the descriptions of for example Kebin and Legion definitely got to me.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Stroop There It Is posted:

How has this pee pee doo doo podcast made me tear up (Ivan), feel for a giant idiot bully (see above), and, at other times, actually shudder??? Like maybe I'm a baby (heh) but the descriptions of for example Kebin and Legion definitely got to me.

Looney Tunes and body horror seem to be two of the main ingredients in Branson Reese's personality.

The recent reveals that Tim Platt mostly never learned how to play D&D and just improvs a bird and rolls dice when they tell him to explains so much.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I don't know if it's just me, but I keep forgetting what the overall plot of the show is (like didn't know why they went to Ruleshaven until they got to Ulcer). But I still love every episode despite that and I think that says a lot about the show.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stroop There It Is posted:

"Self esteem comes from esteemable acts!" was such a good line to tie everything together.

And no, you're not just a baby, it's normal to be afraid of a sentient colony of flesh eating lice and whatever the gently caress Kebin is.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

And no, you're not just a baby, it's normal to be afraid of a sentient colony of flesh eating lice and whatever the gently caress Kebin is.

This shows your survival instincts are working and you won’t try to touch Kebin’s weird arm.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thotsky posted:

You've never been right

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omnomnomnivore posted:

The recent reveals that Tim Platt mostly never learned how to play D&D and just improvs a bird and rolls dice when they tell him to explains so much.

Branson on the last RTOC mentioned Tim managed to build a super lethal min-maxed character without even knowing he was doing that or ever exploiting it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

thotsky posted:

I think it was a good way to stall the process of ringing the bell to make some real good jokes in increments

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

goblin week posted:

I think it was a good way to stall the process of ringing the bell to make some real good jokes in increments

I guess, it's just not as well paced as the other episodes. As if they did not have enough time to ring the bell in the previous episode, but the GM had not prepared the next part of the adventure so they had to drag out the last fight for an entire episode. Still enjoyable, but not ideal.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

"Self esteem comes from esteemable acts!" was such a good line to tie everything together.

That's straight up AA, it's Ivan's whole thing informed by Branson. If you know anyone in AA Ivan is very familiar. It's not a bad thing, just a pretty common AA thing.

some plague rats posted:

Branson on the last RTOC mentioned Tim managed to build a super lethal min-maxed character without even knowing he was doing that or ever exploiting it

I think Tim is finally starting to figure some stuff out, which could be interesting.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seaborgium posted:

That's straight up AA, it's Ivan's whole thing informed by Branson. If you know anyone in AA Ivan is very familiar. It's not a bad thing, just a pretty common AA thing.

I know, that's brought up in Rude Talks of Chatting, but it was specifically such a good line in that instance because it was one of the first things that Cordelia said to Ivan all the way back in episode 2 when he originally showed up

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

seaborgium posted:

Ivan as a character was "everyone I met in AA but a vampire" which was an old concept but extremely well-executed

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i liked the fight episode because its fun to have a boss fight

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The latest Rude Chats of Leveling was manic in a good way. Patreon is a good spend, y'all.

"It's called overdraft protection, and it's for weaklings."

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone listened to any of the Talking About series? The only one I've actually listened to is lord of the rings and that was so much fun it's made me wonder if I've been missing out

Deathlove posted:

The latest Rude Chats of Leveling was manic in a good way. Patreon is a good spend, y'all.

"It's called overdraft protection, and it's for weaklings."

Huge fan of Ali cracking herself up with terrible riffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

Has anyone listened to any of the Talking About series? The only one I've actually listened to is lord of the rings and that was so much fun it's made me wonder if I've been missing out

the Looney Toons one is really good... Branson and Carly geek out about WB cartoon directors. I've never been to summer camp, but I liked that one, too. I think I've skipped the others because I don't know enough about the subjects (but I forgot to listen to the LotR one, so thanks for reminding me).