Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

"The baby"

Team Ninja didn't write the script to Other M, most of what was wrong with that game is firmly at Koichi Sakamoto's feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

First Fantasy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

First Fantasy

I mean

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1396856690922999813?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dino Crisis 2 is the one that ends with blowing up a super-Trex with a satellite laser right

I watched someone play 1 and 2 back to back and it's a very jarring tonal swerve

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Further thoughts on RE tier lists: The curator of said lists should denote whether they play coop or not. In my case, I played them all solo.

Also, I'm gonna check out Dino Crisis 2
that really only applies to 5 and 6, theyre both real bad solo though. sheva's AI in 5 is braindead

well and outbreak, but i'm just gonna assume that anyone that actually played outbreak played it online

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Who gives a poo poo about FF1. Is there anyone out there that's actually invested in that setting/story in TYOOL 2021? (I know the answer is yes and that there'll be people who spend hundreds of hours a year on it).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I played outbreak local and online.

It was mildly better local because the limited communication for online and the general behavior of people using PS2 online was not a winning combo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

stev posted:

Who gives a poo poo about FF1. Is there anyone out there that's actually invested in that setting/story in TYOOL 2021? (I know the answer is yes and that there'll be people who spend hundreds of hours a year on it).

I think the fact that FF1 is generally a pretty blank slate makes it a good candidate for a reimagining/fleshing out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the fact that FF1 is generally a pretty blank slate makes it a good candidate for a reimagining/fleshing out.

the dissidia games have been doing that, albeit in the most convoluted fashion possible

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FF1 hits a really good spot, of barely having any story but the story it does have being really good, so people do Feel Strongly about it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FF1 is actually the FF I've probably played the most of, at least up to the last couple years when I unsuccessfully tried 7 and 9. I played my GBA copy a lot. I like the "generic fantasy"-ness of it all, and a Souls-like in that world could be cool.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finally, perhaps we can get the answer to origins of why Garland wants to knock them all down

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I guess. I just feel like there are plenty of other FF settings which are much more ripe for developing further. What I'm saying is I want the Auron and Jecht game that we never got.

If this, 16 and VIIR2 are all timed PS5 exclusives and actually come out in good time I might have to bite the bullet and start trying to find a PS5 for sale.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I know it’s just business but timed exclusives are very lame and I wish they’d stop

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Exclusives are lame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

If this, 16 and VIIR2 are all timed PS5 exclusives and actually come out in good time I might have to bite the bullet and start trying to find a PS5 for sale.

On the other hand, all of them are coming out late enough that PS5s might be easy to find by the time you really need one

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am manifesting that PS5s will be available later this year after I buy a house and want one

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Nioh but with FF job system would own so hard.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

"monster hunter but with the FF job system would own so hard", atsushi hashimoto quoted as saying before beginning work on final fantasy explorers

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FF1 is one of the best of the series. Only Nine and Maybe Seven beat it out for the top spot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey we’ve ranked the residents evil already today, let’s do final fantasies now

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ranking of Final Fantasies I've played a lot of:

1. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
2. Final Fantasy 1
3. other Kingdom Hearts games
4. Final Fantasy 14 (which actually I've only played a little of)
5. Final Fantasy 9
6. Final Fantasy 7

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
1. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
2. Your favorite

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

stev posted:

The story is so minimal that you can make it anything at this point

They in fact “remade” ff1 multiple times in different spin-offs. The twist of one of the dissidia games was “and then he woke up... and he was the main character of FF1!!” more or less

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Games I've beaten
FFIX
FFI
FFX

Games I have a save sitting in the final dungeon
FFVII

Games that were boring enough that I checked out despite trying them a half dozen times

The entire rest of the series

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hold on I don't want to stop talking about Resident Evil until I can mention that Resident Evil was always a MUCH cooler name than Biohazard and anybody who called it Biohazard back in middle school thinking you were so cool, was not that cool okay Randy Stein.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hatty posted:

1. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
2. Your favorite

ah gently caress I forgot about Crystal Chronicles

the one time I actually managed to play that with some friends was some of the most fun gaming I've done

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

1: 7, 8, 9
2. 10
3. 4,5,6
4: the rest

Not at the bottom of the ranking: 13

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
FF7R
FFX-2
FF4
FF7
FF6
FFX
FF13-3
FF15
FF5
FF13
FF8
FF13-2
FF12
FF1
FF3
FF2
FF11

I thought way too hard about this lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wuggles posted:

ah gently caress I forgot about Crystal Chronicles

the one time I actually managed to play that with some friends was some of the most fun gaming I've done

That game didn't deserve how its remaster came out

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

That game didn't deserve how its remaster came out

Yep. I skipped it without a thought, which sucks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Hey we’ve ranked the residents evil already today, let’s do final fantasies now

of the ones i've beaten or put significant time into

1. FF6 (SNES) <- beaten
2. FF12 (PS2) <- beaten
3. FFX-2 (PS2)
4. Theatrhythm (3DS) <- beaten
5. FFX (PS2) <- got to final boss
6. FF9 (PS1)
7. Lightning Returns (PS3) <- beaten
8. Crystal Bearers (Wii) <- beaten
9. FF8 (PS1)
10. Fantasian (iOS)
11. FF3 (iOS) <- beaten
12. FF13-2 (PC) <- beaten
13. FF13 (PS3) <- got to final boss, it was a huge timesink, bleh

i haven't put enough time into FF4 or FF5 to give them a fair ranking. and I haven't played FF2. and i can't play FF14 fully solo yet

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 24, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Hold on I don't want to stop talking about Resident Evil until I can mention that Resident Evil was always a MUCH cooler name than Biohazard and anybody who called it Biohazard back in middle school thinking you were so cool, was not that cool okay Randy Stein.
yeah but its all worth it for resident evil: biohazard aka biohazard: resident evil

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Perhaps the real resident evil was man all along

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

and if i had to rank the final fantasies and resident evils together, the #1 game would be

obviously

Parasite Eve

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sheetz no

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

aren't those the guys who did the hot dog water beer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It always annoyed me that zombies are “evil” in d&d despite basically being animals. Even giant wasps are merely “neutral”

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

more like sheetz yes, as in "yes I would like to live near a sheetz"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

aren't those the guys who did the hot dog water beer

Yes, but it wasn't hot dog water, it was hot dogs. like I guess they put hot dogs in with the beer.