Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also progresses the grand prize probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Also progresses the grand prize probably.
It does, but you still need to wait another 20 hours for the reset on that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eimi posted:

So there's what a crossfield for each season now? Ugh.

Just consume product. Then consume new product.

Eimi posted:

Also those 32nd c uniforms loving suck, the Alliance uniform Cryptic made looks better as like a unified thing. Also they should bring it back so I can get it.

The "wells" uniform jackets are ancient and still look better.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 19, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
There's been more Crossfields and Connies than there's been seasons of their respective shows.

Where's all my weird Defiant spinoffs, Cryptic?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want the oberth with pilot abilities and command seating.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cythereal posted:

There's been more Crossfields and Connies than there's been seasons of their respective shows.

Where's all my weird Defiant spinoffs, Cryptic?

Give me 7 variants of the Galaxy (Gal-X doesn't count) and maybe one of them will have tweaked inertia and turn numbers.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The tragedy is that while I don't like Voyager for the most part, I think the Intrepid class is the best-looking protagonist ship Trek has had.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The Intrepid is a solid looking ship. And now that I think of it, speaking of the Galaxy I am surprised we never got a Yesterday's Enterprise Galaxy Warship.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hol' up, they made a new shiny modern-looking lighting 2.0 klingon bridge for the Year of Klingon starting revamp and then never bothered to add it to the klingon bridges?

I know making new bridges isn't worth the time, but they made it already.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Hol' up, they made a new shiny modern-looking lighting 2.0 klingon bridge for the Year of Klingon starting revamp and then never bothered to add it to the klingon bridges?

correct, I think they said "maybe someday" so you'll be able to use it in 4 years

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The stats for the 32nd Century Discovery are up, and they're okay: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488453-command-the-crossfield-of-the-future!

Before they change it, here's some of the good old Cryptic copy-editing we all know and love:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

that new Crossfield looks meh at best, same weapon layout as the Legendary but no Temporal or Command Spec, MW is great for Energy builds but not Torp or SciHax ones and Ensign Engineering seats can gently caress off where they came from
the trait can probably be kept up forever if you use set consoles that reduce their usage to 1 min I guess

edit: and no SecDef means this is gonna be a weird SciDEW ship I guess

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 19, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DancingShade posted:

I want the oberth with pilot abilities and command seating.

I'd be down for a scout ship class Oberth. Raider flanking, pilot maneuvers, and science seats, and you'd have a very interesting little ship.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Cythereal posted:

I'd be down for a scout ship class Oberth. Raider flanking, pilot maneuvers, and science seats, and you'd have a very interesting little ship.
I'd rather see a Nova like that. Ransom-class, perhaps.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We know the T6 Oberth is coming soon, so who knows.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

5/22 - 12 Inventory Slots, Once Per Account

5/23 - 100% Off Klingon Academy Uniform

5/24 - 100% Off Ferasan Species

5/25 - 1 T6x Upgrade, Once Per Account

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm starting to think Cryptic hasn't gotten as many new Klingon players as they'd hoped...

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

MikeJF posted:

5/22 - 12 Inventory Slots, Once Per Account

5/23 - 100% Off Klingon Academy Uniform

5/24 - 100% Off Ferasan Species

5/25 - 1 T6x Upgrade, Once Per Account

I think this is the weakest set of giveaways yet

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

eh, the inventory slots are great if you haven't been playing since forever and maxxed that poo poo out long ago.

The T6x is nice, even if I'm currently holdling like 7 or 8 of the loving things because I've been too lazy to apply them.

It's not bad. If you are a player who has one or two mains and doesn't have a full stable of maxxed ships yet it's a nice bonus.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm a bit amazed they're just giving away the furry race but I guess they don't exactly have many options for klank prizes. They sure aren't going to make ones unless there's no other choice.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The cat races are the only ones with the +jump height trait right?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

MikeJF posted:

Good news, everyone
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488643-new-bridge-for-kdf-captains%21

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Good and cool, that tutorial bridge looked neat.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

It also includes the other default Klingon ship interior decks, but these have not been updated.
:allears:

Still pretty nice though, the klangon bridges are launch-era atrocities with horrible lighting. Even if it's just the bridge proper it's still good to have something actually up to modern standards.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Asimo posted:

... the klangon bridges are ... atrocities with horrible lighting...
So, faithful to the canon?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well... yes. But still.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Save me from the ready room floor Cryptic

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Good news is, I'm online with my new computer. Bad news is, it's a new computer and STO isn't letting me play until I use a verification code they emailed me. To an old email address I don't have anymore. And I can't change my email address associated with the account... without a verification code they emailed me to my old email address I don't have anymore. Going online to support a ticket takes me to the ARC website, which I was never able to link with my Cryptic account.

Anyone have any ideas?

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Cythereal posted:

Good news is, I'm online with my new computer. Bad news is, it's a new computer and STO isn't letting me play until I use a verification code they emailed me. To an old email address I don't have anymore. And I can't change my email address associated with the account... without a verification code they emailed me to my old email address I don't have anymore. Going online to support a ticket takes me to the ARC website, which I was never able to link with my Cryptic account.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is it possible to fire up the old computer just long enough to change the email associated with your account?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Geshtal posted:

Is it possible to fire up the old computer just long enough to change the email associated with your account?

Tried, didn't do any good. Still wanted a verification email from the defunct account.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I didn't get to New Romulus T5 by the end of the Delta Recruitment event, but the Reman options for a female alien and the actual Reman species look similar. I followed

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Guide:_Canon_alien_race_builds#Reman

except Reman has been added as a base complexion since then (as well as Reman 1, default female Reman head, and Reman 2, an elderly version of Reman 1, for female Remans only) so I used that instead of Tellarite 2 and I omitted the Saowin forehead detail. The main differences are that the female alien Reman is missing the costume unlocks, makeup options, and stat bonuses

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 23, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Tried, didn't do any good. Still wanted a verification email from the defunct account.

If you use the banned/can't log in/can't register dialog for the ticket system it looks like they let you put in any old email address and you don't have to be logged in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you use the banned/can't log in/can't register dialog for the ticket system it looks like they let you put in any old email address and you don't have to be logged in.

Yeah, I've gotten in touch with their customer service now. Fingers crossed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, such giveaway

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

MikeJF posted:

Wow, such giveaway

I've never know what that is but it's been in my promotions tab forever.

If you're looking for the uniform giveaway today it's under the uniforms tab.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

instinctively hitting Claim on all the old promos that appear claimable but aren't just because someday the game will break and give them to me again

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

instinctively hitting Claim on all the old promos that appear claimable but aren't just because someday the game will break and give them to me again

that's how I ended up with multiple acid hortas

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Thats how my Fed guy wound up with multiple T4 Diplo BOffs. Got me an Orion, Gorn AND Naussican ! I think I got a normal Klank on the candidate roster somewhere too. I just went to Sugihara occasionally & checked.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Holy gently caress lockbox keys got expensive. Admittedly it's been a minute since I looked at them.

Are we in some kind of bubble because of a lack of key sales or something, or is this reflective of general credit inflation with the dialing down of dill rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So ferasan are supposed to be free today? I wouldn't mine an ugly cat captain. Has it gone live yet?